Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cooking It Up #24 - Make a Flowery Pink Square!

It's time for another challenge at my Cooking It Up With Katie card recipe blog!
This week we are sponsored by the wonderful Digi Doodles who have some gorgeous images at their store.

The card recipe this week is:

Flowers
Squares
Pink

As usual I added a few more challenges:

Kah Wink E Dink - Going Digital
Paperplay - 2 dp's, 3 flowers, 1 ribbon and 1 charm
Hanna and Friends - 2 dp's, 3 flowers and 1 ribbon
Sweet Stampin - Pretty in Pink
Stampman - Take Two Colors
Joans Gardens - Pink and White and punched corners
Dare U2 Digi - Sketch
Frosted Designs - Celebrate Life
Craftalicious - Make Your Own Flowers
Speedy the Cat's Friends - Make Your Own Embellishments
Wild Orchid - One For The Girls
Pocket Full of Posies - Glitter (and flowers)



Card Recipe:
Image - Quilt and Rack by Digi Doodles
Medium - Copic Markers
Paper - K&Co (dots) and KI Memories (Glitz and Glitter stack)
Daisy Punch and Flower Corner Punch - Martha Stewart
Embossing Folder - Sizzix
Sentiment - Making Memories



Inside is a poem I wrote years ago that I thought worked wonderfully with the homespun image on the front.



I hope you'll be able to join in the challenge this week, you could be playing with some new Digi Doodles images yourself if you are our winner!



16 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous coloring! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

DeeDee said...

A beautiful card!!!

Thank you for joining us at Hanna and Friends!

Hugs from Germany,
Diana

Lynn McAuley said...

Beautiful work with this wonderful quilt image!! I love your layered blossoms with the button centers!!

Thank you so much for sharing this beauty in the Friends of Speedy the Cat's challenge!!

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

Hi Kate :)
I was just about to ask you to stamp me some of that beautiful poem, and then I read that you wrote it! Beautiful card! love that stamp and the colouring is just brill! X

Linda said...

What a beautiful card....really like the pretty pink quilts!!
That is a very lovely poem that you wrote and it works perfectly with this card.
Thank you for joining us at KWED this week for our Digital Images challenge. Hope to see your creative work for the next challenge.
Linda - DT KWED

Hanne said...

Really pretty card! Beautiful!
Hanne

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful pink card. Love the quilt them and your poem is wonderful. Great job!

Thanks so much for playing in Joan's Gardens #9 Challenge. It is so much fun to see all the beautiful cards.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Pat said...

Lovely card! Thanks for playing at FD!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A beautiful card obviously made with love. Thank you so much for joining us at DU2DS this week.
Hugs, Sylvia x

CraftyGirl said...

Sweet card!! I love all the pink! Thanks for playing along at Frosted Designs!!
Barb :)

Joanne Travis said...

I love the quilts on the rack!! So pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Speedy's Friends this week!

The Stamp Man said...

Very pretty card and I love your poem! Thank you for entering The Stamp Man challange.

Jill

Mandy said...

Pretty card Katie, unusual image & the sentiment is perfect for it.
Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious for our handmade flowers challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Kristen said...

I love quilts, so I really love this image! My dad made me a quilt rack that looks almost the same and carved hearts in the side of it.
Thank you for joining in with your digi creation at KWED this week.
I hope to see you again.

Dena said...

What pretty pinks you used! The verse is very nice!!!
Thanks for joining the Wild Orchid Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

dj1952 said...

Kate, your card is so beautiful. I love the image and all of the embellishments. I've seen your work for some time now, and I really think you are great at what you do. Could you email me so I can send you an email? I can't use your email link, as my roadrunner email is not working, and I have to use my hotmail one. But when I click on email, it always goes directly to the rr one.

Thanks,

Debra
texastransplant69@hotmail.com