Sunday, July 19, 2009

OK, I really think a 12 step program may be in order......

I'm sorry to say that I may soon be standing up and saying "My name is Katie and I'm a Challenge-aholic". Every day I spend some time going through peoples blogs and if I see a new challenge that's not in my journal then I get all excited and scribble it down. And when it comes to creating a card I sit down at my screen clicking from page to page finding things that work together.
This morning I had time to do a little playing and somehow (with encouragement from my daughter) I managed to find 12, yes 12, challenges to combine! LOL
So here comes mr reason for needing a 12 step program!

Sketch Saturday - Sketch
Pile It On - Mostly Orange ( I had to manipulate and color over the yellow flowers with an orange Copic)
Our Creative Companion - A triple play, 3 embellishments from a list and I chose Ribbon, Buttons and Brads
Paperplay - Your favorite nibble. I chose a Terry's Chocolate Orange as Christmas wouldn't be the same without it.
PollyCraft - Arrows (and I used a Pollycraft image although you don't need to)
My Time To Craft - A Bird in the Hand
Secret Saturday Crafter - Spots and Stripes, I used spotty buttons and paper and stripy brads.
ABC - W is for Window
Belli - Texture, I embossed the background and used different ribbons for more "feel"
The Cuttlebug Spot - The Inside Counts (easy for me as I always finish the inside)
Daring Cardmakers - Away with the Fairies
Tuesday Taggers - more Texture




I used a cute Twiddly Wings from Polly Craft Designs and colored her with my Copic's. I cut the window with a Nestie and made a frame with the next size up Nestie. I embossed the yellow paper with my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder. The brads and buttons are Paper Studio and the dp are K & Co. The arrow is a chipboard one that I colored with my Copic to match (and thanks to Georgia who searched through a drawer to find the last one left of these arrows)



Hopefully you can see through the "window" to the image.



I added ribbon across both sides of the inside as I couldn't do much to the window side.



In case you couldn't see Twiddly closely I added another shot of her.
Anyway my fingers hurt from all the links so I'm signing off right now!
Have a great Sunday!
Katie

29 comments:

Sandie said...

Great card, love the colours. Chocolate orange is another 'fav' of mine (if it's CHOC in there anywhere it's a fav, lol!!)

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Helen said...

Wow - well done for combining all those challenges!
Fab card too - love your window!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

spectacular card - love it!

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Wendy said...

Wow what a stunning card and you did so well to combine 12 challenges. That must be a record! Thank you for joining us at SCSC this week. Wendy x

Lythan said...

Wow 12 challenges. How amazing is that.And its a great card too!

Unknown said...

lovely card. Thanks for joining us on TT's. Emma xx

Timi O. Mercado said...

great creations! Thanks for playing at Pile it on.

Timi, DT

Anonymous said...

oh katie,
totally love this. cute image too! I love that you painted some stuff w/ the copic to make it work.

Thanks for Playing with us at Pile It On!

-- dalis
PIO Owner

librariane said...

How cute--she's almost anime-like. And the colors you've used are warm and cozy.

cabio's craft corner said...

This is so clever to do a card for THAT many challenges. Your card is cute and I love the little poke out window with all the little details.
Hugs,
Cabio

Michelle said...

Now I'm impressed, 1 card = 12 challenges, wow! Great card and like the way you've made the inside count as well as the texture finish for us. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Taggers this week
x Michelle

Anonymous said...

Really cute, love the colours and blimey you did well at combining all of those challenges. :)

Vanessa.

raindropecho said...

Katie, you're not alone! I think Pile It On should be changed to Challengeaholics (Not-so)Anonymous! Anyway, great card. You know you've got it ;)
- Ann @ Pile It On!

Lesley said...

Beautiful card, and well done on 12 challenges! Goodness! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Julie M said...

Ooh, that's gorgeous, Katie. Love the colours, the layout, the image and the aperture. Love it all, really!!!

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay!

Julie

Unknown said...

Thats quite a list of challenges! Fab card and thanks for joining in with TT this week x

Maureen said...

This card is totally adorable and what an awesome combination of challenges - you really are the queen!!

Mandy said...

such a gorgeous gorgeous card!! now you have me craving chocolate lol!!!

Thanks for joining us at paperplay this week, hope to see you join us again soon and good luck!

mandyxx

deifen said...

So glad you've added paperplay to your list! This is a great card - love the yummy choc n orange combo!

Dawn said...

Great card and the stamp is gorgeous - lovely colours too..

thanks for joining us on ABC

DAwn

Emma said...

Wow 12 challenges and such a gorgeous card. I lurve the colours.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft.
Emma x

by. Amy Schultz said...

I like how you made it into a window with that lil cutie poppin out!

Amy -- Pile It On DT

Vickilyn said...

This is adorable!! I love that stamp!

Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

Vicki
~owner

Donna said...

Fantastic spots and stripes for this weeks challenge, your card is brill! Thanks for playing along with us at SCSC :) Donna x

Anonymous said...

Stunning card, super cute image!
Erin x

Denise Clark said...

Amazing! And you even came out of the challenge stupor with a terrific, cute card! WOW! Love all the details!

Alecia Wolfford said...

Way to go on all the challenges, FAB job with the PIO challenge this week too!!

craftypagan said...

Fabulous card-so many details! I love that image-adorable:) I'm a challengealoic too! Thanks for joining us at Pile it On-Rowena dt member

Heidi said...

i really love this card! so many great details and that stamp is adorable! congrats on top 3 scoops at pile it on!

heidi