Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Let's Get Punchy and have your Die Cuts at the Ready!

Here's todays 2nd post!
It's my 2nd week as a guest at La La Lands and this weeks challenge is to use your Punches and Die Cuts.
How more perfect for me could that be?
Also if you are in the Carson CA area this Saturday and Sunday be sure to check out the Stamp in the Hand show where you'll find La La Lands stamps (and examples ) at the Stamp On Over booth.

Of course I had to add more challenges to this super cute card.

Etsy Inspired had a photographer's store for inspiration and I chose the Haystack Series of photos to work with the cute Maya image.
One Stop Challenges wanted a Card for a Child
Saturday Spotlight wanted you to be "Repeatedly Useful" and use an image more than once on a card
Scrap Stamp and Doodle wanted to see "Special Folds" so I did another of my new favorite Easel cards
Charisma Cardz gave me the sketch
Allsorts wanted you to "Bring Out Your Bling!"
Alphabet Challenge wanted to see Decoupage so I stamped and colored two Maya's and decoupaged her.

I chose super sweet Happy Maya for this card and I'm sure she'll bring a smile to anyones face.
I colored her with Copic's and chose a few parts to decoupage to add more depth.
The papers are old from my stash. I used a QK circle to cut out Maya and matted her with a scalloped Nestie.
I used the brand new deep edge garden lattice punch from Martha Stewart and the green "pearls" are from Martha too.
The yellow buttons are from The Paper Studio and the ribbon is Michaels.
I faux stitched at the edges wih a Prismacolor pen.



This is my second easel card this week and I just love how this style of card showcases the wonderful image.

So grab your punches and dies and come and play over at La La Lands!
Katie

24 comments:

Tracey said...

An adorable card Katie! Love it!

csroyal said...

Love it, Katie! Everyone is killing me with these gorgeous easel cards!! I just have to find time to try one!

Kathy said...

Adorable Katie! Love this style of card!! All your diecuts and punches are fabulous! Love this sweet image as well!!
Hope you have a great day!
:)Kathy

Juls said...

wow wow wow!!! Love the image, just soooo much fun, Love the dimention you have created, the gorgeous bright colours ans the little dotty buttons are just too cute!! fab card, love it!!

brenda said...

Hello Katie

What wondeful colours, so bright and cheery, just what we need in cold wet UK right now. And love the sentiment.

Thank you for joining in the fun at Allsorts this week.

b x

Kristine said...

WOWIE WOWIE... I'm sooo LOVING this color combo--it's soo bright and cheery and makes ya feel warm and sunny-- super job with this! Love your buttons and your image--well, I could go on and on. I love EVERYTHING ABOUT IT! LOL =) Have a wonderful Wednesday!!

Linda said...

Awww how cute is this card! I've not seen an easel card before, I love the style. Many thanks for joining in with the Alphabet challenge this week :)

Sally said...

Fabulously cheerful card. Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma Cardz.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is such a sweet image and a cheerful card!! I love the easel and your beautiful dp with the coordinating buttons and gems. The punched borders are gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at the Saturday Spotlight!!
~Chris

made by fifi said...

gorgeous bright cheerful card - thank you for joining in the Alphabet challenge x

Lesley said...

Fab card Katie, lovely and bright and the cow is cute! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Jules said...

Hi Katie

This is just gorgeous - so neat and clean looking.

Yellow isn't a colour I choose to work with very often - but I might change my mind now!!

Great card with so much detail. Loving your image and of course the bling!!

Thank you for joining in my challenge with Allsorts - I hope you enjoyed it.

Love Jules xx

Danni said...

Adorable card!! Love all the little details you added!

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

This is beautiful such a happy card!!!

Thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Maureen said...

So fun and bright! Love the dimension and that fab new border punch!

Dawn B. said...

This is so cute.. I am a farm girl at heart and I LOVE cows.. Such a great way to use this image.. TFS.

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Oh my goodness! This is one fabulous card! I love every little detail you put on it... especially the gorgeous lattice border. Beautiful colors! LOVE the layers you made for Maya. She is one very happy cow! xx Jane

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! This is just as sweet as can be!! LURVES it!! The colors are so cheery and so is your image!! LOVE the buttons and all those layers!! What a fab easel creation hun!! Thanks for playing with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGS

Anonymous said...

This is so cute. I just love it. Thanks for joining us at SSDS!

Shelley said...

Sorry a quick visit, I have been ill all week. But many thanks for joining in with the OSCC. Shelley xx

Diane Davies said...

What a cute card! THanks for joining in on the challenge at Scrap, Stamp and Doodle Saturday challenge blog. : )

Jessica G. said...

Fun, happy card -- looks like the cow is kinda happy, too! Thanks for playing in this week's Spotlight Challenge!!

Angie Cortes said...

How Cute is this? What a FUN card! I just love the bright, happy colors! Thanks for playing along at SSDS :)

Sue from Oregon said...

The colors on this card are just amazing! Great La La card!