Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Challenge #2 at The Pixie Cottage

Sorry for the triple post day but it's worth it!
Also remember to click on my photo banner at the top for details of my 20000th hit blog candy!
It's time for another challenge at The Pixie Cottage and this time it's a theme challenge of "Celebrate!"
This means a birthday card, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Wedding, New Baby, really any great occasion fits this!

I used some more current challenges to help me in the creation.
Three Clovers gave me the sketch this week.
Charisma Cardz wanted Delightful Daisies
Scrap Masters Finally Friday wanted Embossing and Layering
Frosted Designs wanted to see you Pop It Up with layers/pop dots etc
Crafty Catz wanted Buttons or Brads
365 Cards Day 240 wanted a decorated pin
Creatalicious had a recipe of scraps of dp (I have tons of those!), new cardstock, and handmade flowers (I wonder who made those daisies! Hee Hee!)
Just Us Girlswanted 3D Flowers
One Stop Craft also had a Celebration theme
Allsortswanted a Furry Friend and I don't know if a cow is really furry but she certainly is cute enough!



I used the super cute cow designed by Alisa Ramirez that you can get at Michelle's Scrapbooking
I colored her with Copic's and matted her on green. Then I embossed a piece of Coredinations cardstock with a Daisy embossing folder and sanded it so the color showed through. Then I added another green mat.
I used the new Martha Stewart Daisy border punch to create a double border and then topped it with ribbon.
I printed the sentiment out and double matted it too. Then I added it to the card with Pop Dots.
Finally I created the pin from a heart jewelry finding from Hobby Lobby and a selection of glass and pearl beads and a premade bow from Offray.
The flowers were punched, sanded and fastened with a brad. Then I folded the petals upwards to add more depth.
The dp is from some DCWV scraps from an old stack.



The inside is more dp with a message mat.



I know she's not really very furry but she sure looks cute and friendly!



The Copic's I used for this card are:
Y11 - Pale Yellow
Y15 - Cadmium Yellow
Y17 - Golden Yellow
C1 - Cool Grey #1
C3 - Cool Grey #3
E93 - Tea Rose

I'd love to see your Celebration cards so please go and create and then post them for us all to see at The Pixie Cottage, you maybe the winner of a new stamp so it's worth a try!
Katie

29 comments:

Risa said...

Your card is super duper cute Katie! Such beautiful details, especially the decorated pin. Awesome coloring and presentation! Way to go with all of the challenges also!
hugs
Risa:)

Tammy said...

I just adore this card Katie!! All of the detail is fabulous and you have colored her beautifully!!!

Juls said...

just so cute love the image and the sentiment you have put with it! and totally gorgeous colouring! hugs Juls

Lisa Foster said...

This is absolutely precious!
Hugs,
Lisa

Beautiful Greetings said...

Katie you have really made her come to life! What a wonderful card.

Cheryl said...

Just beautiful,such a pretty colour combo and your hat pin is gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
Hugs xx

Faith S. said...

WOW! 10 challenges in 1--that's got to be a record!! :) Your coloring is beautiful, Katie!

Mona Pendleton said...

Holy Cow! :) 10 challenges in 1! Call the Book of World Records! Your card is sweet & your lil' 3-D blossoms are so cute! Thank you for playing along with the girls at Just Us Girls 3-D flower challenge! I hope you join us for a whole new challenge on Saturday!

Emily said...

So cute!

Emily-SP Diva

Vee said...

Aww I love this image it's fabulous. A really cute card.Thanks for joining Charisma this week
xx Vee

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Katie
A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz this week,
Hugs Dianne xx

Tara said...

I know you'll be screaming at the screen when you read my comment Katie but...... this is udderly gorgeous!!!! Sorry!
Hugs Tara xx

thescrapmaster said...

Oh, this is so cute!! Thanks so much for playing at SPCC!
Hugs,
SAmantha
SPCC Creator

AKiteFlier said...

Ahhhh how cute is this - I really like the double border and the beaded pin accent. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls. Hope to see you Saturday for a WILD CARD challenge and a special surprise :-)

Debs said...

Hiya Katie
I had to laugh when I read your post - although not too furry - sure is cutie!!! Thanks for taking on my challenge at Allsorts this week.
Take care & good luck with the draw.
Debs xx

Anne said...

Your card is sooooo cute! I love that cow =)

Hugs, Anne

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Great card thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness your card is adorable! Your coloring is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at Creatilicious....hope to see you next month.

Abby:)

Gloria Stengel said...

Ok, how cute is that card?! Your little cow is adorable. And your pin is FANTASTIC!

brenda said...

Hi Katie

Of course a cow if fury, well in my world anyway. Such a cut image, beautifully coloured and love the bows on her ears, reminds me of those my Dad had when I was a child - not that they had bows mind you !

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, hope to see you again.

B x

Suzie said...

Such a cute card, love the beads and charm. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz. Suzie x

Jamie Lane Designs said...

This is adorable! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

carol said...

hello, what a wondeful card, such a cute image, great colours used too, thanks for joining in with Crafty Catz this week, x carol

Kristin Eberline said...

This is so cute! Love your little cow with those bows in her hair :O) Your 3-D flowers are fab also!

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week! Hope to see you on Saturday for a fun Wild Card challenge I'm hosting! You don't want to miss it...EVERY participant will be a winner!!

Kristine said...

Awww, this little cow is ADORABLE!! Love your coloring and your DP and border punches--it's all very very CUTE! :)

Bec said...

Awww how cute is that image....This is just so beautiful.. What lovely flowers.. thanks so much for playing along.. Bec xx

Rose said...

oh this is too cute!! congrats on making the top three on 365 :0)

Janice said...

Your card is beautiful! Congrats on being one of the top 3, well done!

Anonymous said...

Great card, and congrats on being one of the top 3 at 365 cards!!!!