Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Halloween - New Fairy Card for Cute Daisy May

Happy Monday!
I hope you had a great weekend!
Ours was busy, what's new?, and to be honest I'm glad for the extra day so I didn't have to jump up out pf bed bright and early.
I have a new card for the challenge at Cute Daisy May and this time the challenge is to use a Fairy on your project.
I got to use this fabulous Cinderella Fairy from Sheet 27 and all the image on that collection are super cute!
I've used other challenges to help me create this card.
Paper Play gave me the sketch
Color Dare had a color combo of Always Artichoke, Creamy Caramel, Elegant Eggplant and Pumpkin Pie
Pals Paper Arts had a similar combo of Pefect Plum, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie with the addition of neutrals if you needed them
Flutterby Wednesday wantd to see a Fairy
Creative Card Crew had a Celebration theme
Copic Creations wanted to see Pumpkins
Cuttlebug Challenge had a Halloween theme.
Ildi Co had a recipe of 4 layers (more than that here!), 3 embellishments (I hope ribbon, dew drops and the punched border count) and at least 1 pumpkin!




Cinderella is colored with Copic's and matted on a scalloped Nestie.
The border punch is Apron Lace from Fiskars.
The dpp is Reminisce and the sentiment is from Joanns.



The inside is more dp and a message mat trimmed by a silver Prismacolor pen.



I love her slipper, I wonder where her Prince is with the other one?
I hope you'll grab a fairy stamp and join in the fun over at Cute Daisy May
Katie

19 comments:

Danni said...

That is adorable!! What an awesome card! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

COCO said...

oh very nice card !! thanks for your visite in my blog !!!
good luck !!!
hugs coco

Linnie said...

Beautiful work Katie thankyou
luv
linniexxx

JayLynn said...

Beautiful card! I love the big bow! What a cute image too. Thanks for playing along with Ildi Co's Creative Challenges.

Lori said...

What a cute image and I love the way you colored her. Great bow also! Perfect use of the Color Dare colors...thanks for joining us this week. Hope to see you back!
Lori

Donna said...

Gorgeous card. Love that bow!
Thanks for joining in the CCC challenge. Donna x

stampinlynn said...

i have a soft spot for fairies and this is so cute tfs

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh my, that Cinderella fairy is just the cutest thing ever. Beautiful job coloring her! So happy you could play along with us at the CCC this week. Hope to see you back again next week!

Anonymous said...

I loved this card as soon as I saw it on the DT blog Katie. I love the vibrancy of the colours and you've done the image so beautifully
Ann x

Anne said...

A beautiful card in great colours! Great colouring too! =)

Hugs, Anne

Shantaie said...

Super card, your coloring skills are through the roof!

Thanks so much for playing along at cuttlebug challenge blog! Shantaie

Lesley Edmonds said...

Hi Katie,

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave a message on my blog after my entering the By the Cute and Girly challenge this week. Much appreciated.
I don't envy you the heat of Texas!
Your blog is lovely.
Lesley x

Unknown said...

Wow! I love this!! Thanks for playing along at the Color Dare!

csroyal said...

Beautifully done, Katie! As usual! Glad to see you over at Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot! :)

Cindy

Tammy said...

What a precious image! Love this card and your coloring is awesome!!

Julie M said...

Gorgeous card, Katie. I love that big wide spotty ribbon, the image is so cute (and love the dewdrops round the edge too).

Thanks for joining us again this week on PaperPlay.

Julie

Margaret Moody said...

What a cute card, Katie! Your pretty fairy is gorgeous! Great job with the color challenge!

Maggie Lamarre said...

luv luv the shading and the colours on the card.
thanks
Maggie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
http://cuttingabove.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Your card are so `beautiful`
Thanks for joining in with the Cuttlebug Challenges
terrie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/