Saturday, May 29, 2010

Round and Round - New stamps (well new to me!!)

Happy Saturday and I hope you are enjoying the start to the Holiday weekend!
Today I have a card using a product that isn't new to the market but it is new to me!
I've loved the cards I've seen made with the Just Rite Stampers and last week decided to take the plunge and buy some to try for myself.
As soon as the box arrived I dug right in and just had to try them straight away.
Luckily Just Rite have a challenge on Friday's and this week it is a sketch so it gave me a jumping off point to get me going.

Just Rite Stampers - Sketch
Annabelle Stamps - Ribbon
Stamp Something - Recipe: some designer paper, ribbon, bow and a tag
Your Next Stamp - Use a Border Punch
Polka Doodle - Sew and Sew
Simply Saturday - Simply Stitched
Fun With Shapes - My Favorite Colors
Frosted Designs - Flower photo inspiration
Charisma Cards - Circles
Pixie Dust - Circles



Card Recipe:
Image - Just Rite Stamps 3 1/4" round and Plant a Little Love set
Paper - DCWV The Linen Closet stack
Medium - Copic Markers
Border Punch - Martha Stewart
Sentiment - Studio G





This is so not my usual style but I wanted to give them a try and I know I'll be doing some more like this soon.
Also scroll down a little as I have a blog candy posted HERE
Katie

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful card! Love the colours and sketch...gorgeous!
Thanks for playing along with me this week :)
Andrea

xxxtglxxx said...

Ooooh, this is a very pretty card!... breathtaking! :) xx

Mary Lou said...

Hi Katie~`thanks for the visit and comment!!
This is a beautiful card--I just love all the different borders you incorporated around and in the card:)) This paper is awesome --very lovely dear!!
Blessings

Andrea said...

This is beautiful! I love that image!
Thanks for joining us at AnnaBelle Stamps :)
Andrea

Nettie said...

Great image Katie. Thanks for joining in our sewing challenge.x

Kerry said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us this week at Polkadoodles.

Suzie McFloozy said...

This is gorgeous I love the colour combo, the DP and esp' that border stamp x
((hugs)) Suzie xx

Barb Craft said...

Your card is gorgeous!! I love the colors and the border punch is fabulous!! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs this week!!
Barb :)

Kylie said...

Beautiful card Katie! Love your colour combo so fresh and crisp. Love your image too and your colouring is yummy lol!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Have a great weak,
Take Care, Kylie X

A Consuming Passion said...

Such a pretty card Katie - those justRite stamps are adictive beware!!! Thanks for playng along with us at Annabelle Stamps this week hope you'll try our stamps one day......Watch for the New release in June!

Erin... said...

pretty, pretty, pretty! love teh colors and that gorgeous stamp!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamp Something! Pop on over to view the details of our DT call!

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous! So glad you could join us at Stamp Something this week!

Nadell said...

Georgeous card. Beautiful colours. Thanks for joining us at FWSM.

Hugs Nadell

Anonymous said...

Katie, you do need to make more cards in this style. This is really beautiful. I love it!
How do you find the time to make so many cards! You must be a speedy card maker! Or just a PRO!
Sending you Wishes for a wonderful Weekend!
~Pam

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles in our'Sew and Sew' challenge - lovely to see your work! Cheers Claire x

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge. Dee x

Jenny said...

Beautiful colour combination. An elegant card. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

Fliss said...

Gorgeous work and so clever. Love that background you made. Thanks so much for joining in with Polka Doodles Sew and Sew challenge.
x