Saturday, October 23, 2010

Copic Color Combinations - Some of my Favorites

I know there is always talk of which colors work well together and I wanted to share a few of my favorites.
When I find an image that I like to color I make a sheet of them in blank and use them for coloring practice. Even though I've been using Copic's for almost 2 years I am always learning and sometime the coloring is far less than perfect.
Today's two examples are not necessarily to show great coloring but to give you some color combination's for you to try especially if you are still building your Copic collection.

If you click on the photo you will get the large version and should be able to read the color numbers next to the image. If you can't then click on the photo again and you'll get it in giant size!

I hope this helps someone and may show you combo's you've not used yourself, I know for myself that the orange color on the Teddy was one I had NEVER tried before and I loved it so much that you'll see it on a card coming up on Monday.

Also please ignore the run color on the blue ballerina, I had forgotten that I'd filled up the B000 for some airbrushing so it was too full to color with, oops!

And again this is not a coloring lesson, just a selection of combo's that you may like to try.

The Teddy image is from Designed 2 Delight and the Ballerina is from AI Factory



I'd hope you enjoy them and Happy Coloring!


Katie

9 comments:

Robin said...

this is great! Thanks for sharing, Robin

Candy said...

Thank you Katie!
This is a great help :o)
Hugs, Candy

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

This was helpful, thank you for sharing. Where do you buy your copics?

Barb said...

this is very helpful thanks for sharing
great combos

Sandra H. said...

Very cool looking Katie!!!

Barbara (Jamie) Gudermuth said...

I am a newbie, and am so happy to have a guideline to choosing colors. You have helped me so much today! Kudos

Faith S. said...

This is awesome, Katie!

Robin said...

Thanks so much for sharing this!!! I will trying some new colors!

Unknown said...

Fantastic idea Katie!