So without further ado here are projects made with the fabulous papers and stickers from the Brea's Room line at Momenta and my absolute work horse tool, my trusty Scor-Pal!
My first project was a simple gatefold card and belly band.
I started with a 6" by 12" piece of cardstock that I scored at 5" and 11"
I then punched the edges of the "gate edge" of the card.
The folds were burnished and then the card decorated.
The belly band was also punched with the same border punch.
The inside was decorated and a sentiment from the vellum sentiments added.
My second project was a 3D vase of flowers in a frame.
I used a 12" square frame (designed for holding scrapbook layouts) and took out the glass to give me depth for the vase part.
The flowers were made from rosettes made on the Scor-Pal from punched strips of paper 1 1/2" wide by 12" long. Throughout all my projects I used the same Daisy border punch so that everything coordinated. Once the strip was punched I used the Scor-Pal to score in between each flower scallop and in the center of the flower. Then I fan folded the strip, attached the ends together and formed the rosette. I finished each flower with a glittery flower sticker.
The vase was made from a simple scored piece of paper, the score lines made at each 1/2" made it easy to form the semi circle for the vase shape
The stems of the flowers were also made on the Scor-Pal from strips of varying lengths, all are 1" wide. They were scored lengthwise at each 1/4" (so 3 score lines) and then folded with the two ends overlapping making a long thin pyramid tube.
Then they were attached to the back patterned paper on the frame and the rosette added to the top.
My final project is a 16" by 20" canvas.
I hand cut 6 bunting pieces to go along the top of the canvas for the title. Each bunting piece was topped with a pleated piece of paper.
To form the pleats I scored along the length of the paper at 1/2" and 1/4" increments (so 1/2", 3/4", 1 1/4", 1 1/2" and so on) and then pleated the paper so the 1/4" sections were folded under the 1/2" part to form the pleat.
I made the flowers the same as the rosettes on the frame but this time used ribbon as the stems.
The flowers come out of a pocket that I scored on the front to make a checkerboard pattern.
The final scored part was a big 1/4 circle fan.
This was created from 2 strips of punched paper, each measuring 4" by 12". This time I scored only between the flowers, making taller folds.
Here is another view of the pleated bunting.
I hope you enjoyed these projects as much as I enjoyed making them.
I have a few challenges that I would like to enter these into:
Challenges for Gatefold Card:
Crafty Pad - More than One Fold
Fussy and Fancy - Fancy Fold
Challenges for 3D Frame:
Incy Wincy - Anything Goes
Lollipop Crafts - Flowers in Bloom
Allsorts - Flowers
Challenges for Canvas:
Creative Belli - Anything But a Card
Crafty Ann's - Memories
Stampin for the Weekend - Show Your Style (I'm a more is more kind of girl)
Handstamped Sentiments - Quilts (the base to my canvas is a patchwork of paper squares)
Paperplay - Flags, Pennants, Banners
Jellypark - Waving (flags, banners etc)