Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Scor-Pal meets Glue Arts! Drop by and Win!

This week the Design Team at Scor-Pal have been having fun using a variety of adhesives from the lovely people at Glue Arts
There are plenty of photos with my project today and I hope you like it.

Challenges:
Creatalicious - Anything Goes
Fresh Brewed Designs Monthly Challenge - Something New (5 entries only)
Crafty Boots - Wings
Flutterby Wednesday - Anything Goes (with a butterfly, fairy or angel)
Jen's Digis - Anything But A Card
Creative Stamp Friends - Anything But A Card
Lollipop Crafts - Anything But A Card
2 Sisters - Sentiments (with no stamped or digital image)
Kelley Kids - For Someone Special (1 entry only)
There's Magic In The Air - For Someone Special
Paper Play - Punches and Dies
Frosted Designs - Punches
Ooh La La - Punches and/or Dies
Corrosive - Punches and/or Dies
One Stitch At A Time - Punch It
Crafty Ann's - Make Yourself Uncomfortable (do something you don't do, I always color on my projects, today nothing!)


Project Recipe:
Papers - Countryside Villa by The Paper Studio
Scoring Tool - Scor-Pal
Daisy Punch - Martha Stewart
Butterfly - Large Monarch by Martha Stewart
Border Punch - Martha Stewart
Glitter - German Glass Fine in Blush
Sentiment - Starfish and Dreams Inspirational Talk
Pearls - Bridal Dept
Ribbon - Michaels
Adhesives - Adhesive Squares and 3D Raisens

I decided to make another card and box set and this time used the template called Box In A Bag found at Split Coast Stampers.


It starts very simply with a square of cardstock 4 1/2" by 4 1/2".
You score at 1" on all 4 sides and then score the diagonal from the outer corner to where the 1" score lines meet. Add tape to the squares so you can attach the form the base of the box.


The box corners are then burnished to form a neat tight edge.
You then add the patterned paper as in the tutorial to form the sides of the box. Then add a reinforced tab to the top to form the ribbon closure.


With the "Raisens" I decided to try and see if I could use them to add glitter to my flowers. I love the look of German Glass Glitter but as it is heavier than regular synthetic glitter it needs a good form of adhesive.


I added the "Raisen" to the center and shaped it slightly to make it more circular.
When it is wet is is difficult so I carried on and hoped for the best!


I poured on the glitter and pressed it down with my finger. You must be carefully with this product as it is made from real glass.


I shook off the excess glitter and continued shaping the glittered "Raisen" with both my fingers and an exacto knife.


They came out pretty good and I used more "Raisens" underneath to glue them to the box.



For the card I decided to go with a simple Z style fold.
The cardstock measures 12" by 6" and you score at 3" and 6" along the long side.


Burnish the folds, one in one direction, the second in the other forming a Z shape card with a large base of 6" by 6".


Decorate each panel with designer paper.


For the card decoration I used butterflies on flowers and I adhered them to the card using the Extreme Tac Adhesive Squares.






Complete the card and box by decorating how you wish.

I hope you have enjoyed this and be sure to drop by Scor-Pal and leave a comment so that you can be in with a chance of winning a great prize! Be sure to stop by the Glue Arts Blog and leave a comment there for even more chances!
Katie

28 comments:

Susan L said...

Katie:

Your designs are so elegant. I think I might have to use my glitter glass more :)

Thanks for participating over at Jen's Digi Stamps :)

Happy Scrappin'

Sue B
http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/

Ann Whitfield said...

Wow Katie! This is STUNNING! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Gloria Westerman said...

So elegant!!! and beautiful....love your flower tutorial....will have to try that.....thank you so much for playing with us at Paper Cupcake/TMITA

Danni said...

Wow, wow, wow!! Stunning, elegant and gorgeous!! Fabulous job! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Linda Anderson said...

Wow, what a fabulous project!! Thanks for the tutorial too!! Absolutely stunning. Thanks for joining us at the Freshly Brewed Something New Challenge.

Linda

Josephine said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck.

Amy Tidd said...

Simply stunning - love the glass glitter! Great projects! Thanks for taking part in this weeks Crafty Boots Challenge! Amyx

Unknown said...

Another amazing card! Thanks so much for joining us for a challenge over at Frosted Designs.

Jen Shults said...

Great project and fantastic tutorial!! Thanks for joining us at Flutterby Wednesday!

callyannc said...

Stunning! Absolutely stunning! I am gonna follow your tutorial and try one! TFS CallyAnn

Dee's Craft Room said...

This is a fabulous card and bag set. The glass glitter worked a treat and the flowers look great, makes me want to have a go.

Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Boots Challenge.

Dionne

Cyndi said...

Love your projects! So beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at Lollipop Crafts!

NanaConnie said...

Great tutorial, Katie! Love the paper you used. This is fabulous!

Roberta; mother of 4, GiGi to 1 said...

Your work is gorgeous! I love the color scheme and patterns on the papers you chose, you really have an eye for mixing patterns! Your punches add the perfect touch without overpowering the other deisgn elements! I hope to see you create with us again at Frosted Designs! **Roberta

MD said...

waouhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
bravo superbe réalisation

all the days of our life said...

WOW!!!! This is stunning, great tutorial, I love both the projet and the card. Great flower. Thank you for playing with us this week at Frosted Designs.

Unknown said...

Love this tutorial that you have done. Stunning project

Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs. I hope that you enjoyed the challenge

Amanda

callyannc said...

I made the two fold card! Super easy and fun! will be posted next week cuz I am a guest designer fo Bugbites! Thanks! CallyAnn

kaylou said...

I love this Katie, it's absolutley amazing, thanks for joining us again at Creatalicious.
Hugs Kaylou xx

sparklingblackrose said...

I adore this! Absolutely stunning! Thank you so much for joining us at OSAAT this week, hope to see you again soon! Elaine DT -xxx- p.s Please pop over and enter my candy- www.sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.com :-)

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Wow these are stunning and so elegant, I love those flowers and that paper is stunning. Thanks for joining in with our challenge over at OSAAT and good luck Julie DT

Meg Farris said...

So adorable! Thanks for joining us at Jen's Digi Challenge!

Sheryl said...

Wow! This is such a lovely gift set! Your card is gorgeous! I enjoyed your tutorial pictures too! Take a bow!
Thank you for joining us at Freshly Brewed Challenges for our month long prize challenge, "Use Something New!"
Hugs, Sheryl

CraftygasheadZo said...

Wow fab project. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Boots. Zo x

Linda Palmer said...

Absolutely gorgeous projects. I love your cards and follow you as often as I can. Thank you so much for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge. I love this card and gift box.

Robin said...

This is the most beautiful and elegant card and gift box. I can't wait to try and make one. Thank you for the inspiration.

Wendi said...

Wow what gorgeous creations simply stunning those flowers
Love the colours
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Unknown said...

Oh Katie
This is just adorable. I love the papers, and the glitter and well, everything about it. Perfect. Thanks for sharing it with us in our Punches/Dies challenge at OLL this time. Hope to see you again next time.
hugs
Dawn x