Monday, April 7, 2014

Happy Birthday with Rite of Spring by Aurora Wings

In the last Facebook Fan Page Challenge from Aurora Wings I won a Top 3 spot and got to choose an image as a prize and so I just had to play again!
Now I not happy with my coloring at all on this, it took me ages and I just didn't do the gorgeous image justice at all. But we all need to learn when doing something new and I promise the next one will be better :)
I gave her a Shabby Chic style with some inking and a touch of lace.

Challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks - Color an Image
Crafty Ribbons - Ribbon
Glitter N Sparkle - Lace and Pearls
Pile It On - Feminine
Simon Says Stamp - Happy Birthday
Ladybugs Crafts Ink - Happy Birthday
Aurora Wings FB Challenge - Happy Birthday
Aurora Wings Challenge - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes (5 entries only)
Loves Rubber Stamps - Anything Goes
Through The Craftroom Door - Anything Goes (2 entries only)
Divas by Design - Anything Goes (2 entries only)
Jo's Scrap Shack - Anything Goes (3 entries only)
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes/Signs of Spring





Card Recipe:
Image - Rite of Spring by Arurora Wings
Medium - Copic Markers
Paper - Park Bench by Fancy Pants
Sentiment - My Sentiments Exactly
Doily Die - Lifestyle Crafts
Border Punch - Daisy by Martha Stewart
Crimping Tool - Fiskars
Ribbon - Really Reasonable Ribbon
Lace - Hobby Lobby
Pearl Brads - The Eyelet Outlet





These images are so complex to color, maybe I would do better having a try with my pencils again next time.
So there we go, I hope you like her.

Katie

18 comments:

Sue B said...

Oh this is gorgeous Katie! what a fab image and you've coloured it beautifully! I love the pretty papers and embellishments! :-)
Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design!
Hugs Sue B xx

Sharon said...

This is beautiful Katie. Love the colouring of this gorgeous image.
Have a lovely week.
Hugs Sharon. x

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

Love your coloring, color scheme, and design, Katie. This is gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining Aurora Wings' first challenge with this beauty! :D Good luck. Mitzi

DonnaMundinger said...

Katie this is gorgeous, both inside and out. Your coloring looks fab to me and your choice of embellies is wonderful. Thanks so much for joining our first challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

~ Jo ~ said...

OH this is just gorgeous!!! I cannot understand why you would complain that your coloring is not the best... because I think your coloring is fabulous!!! =)
This is beautiful, I love the colors and the style and that image is so pretty! Thanks for playing with us this week at Jo's FFC!
Hugs,
Jo
xox

Athina said...

Beautiful coloring and I love the color combo! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

Teresa Kline said...

hi Katie! your coloring is amazing...wow. so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful, Katie! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talents with us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

PaperDaisies said...

Such beautiful colours. Your colouring on this detailed image is stunning. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

Heather said...

A beautiful card Katie, your design and colour scheme is fabulous and I love the stunning colouring of the Aurora Wings image!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

Unknown said...

Stunning work! Love the way you have colored her. One of my fav Aurora Wings images. Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week, I hope you will come back next week for another great challenge.
Tina- DT

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Absolutely beautiful Katie, love your coloring.
:) Chris / CS Designs

cebelica said...

Your card is amazing. I love it! Thank you for playing with us at Crafty ribbons. Hugs! xx

miniheather said...

lovely card love colours very pretty card

Carol Ric said...

A beautiful card and the coloring looks great. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create.

Janice W. said...

Gorgeous coloring! I especially love the daisies! Thanks for sharing with us at TTCRD!

Sharla said...

Katie, this is just stunning! I love everything about it, especially your coloring and color choices! Very pretty! :)

K Clark said...

wow... Kate this card is beautiful!!!!