Thursday, February 4, 2010

For The Love of The Game - Challenge 16 for Delightful Sketches

There's a fabulous new challenge at Delightful Sketches at this time we want to see your projects all above Love! I took mine in a little different direction and I'm sure you all know a little boy (or a big boy ;)) who has a "love" for his favorite sport.

I used a few challenges to help me with this one.

Fun With Shapes had the perfect sketch as I knew the circles could be Soccer balls
Paper Make Up had a photo inspiration from which I pulled the colors blue, black and white
Pile It On had a theme of "Enough of the Winter Colors"
365 Cards Day339 had a "Love" theme where they wanted Love in the title of your card
Crafty Anns wanted to see Metallics
My Grafico wanted Metals
Practical Scrappers wanted Die Cuts
Stamping Vacation had their Pick 3 challenge. I chose 1.Image that reminds you of childhood, 2.2 different colored brads, 3. Ribbon to match brad color
ABC were at N is for New and Jamie is a from Wendy's latest release so he's super new



I used the fabulous Soccer Jamie and colored him with Copic's to match the inspiration photo. I really love his long hair! I cut him with a label Nestie.
The dp is from an old DCVW stack.
The border punch is a new design from EK Success and the soccer balls are puffy stickers from Michaels. The patterned brads are Paper Studio.



I added another soccer ball to the mat inside the card.



Here's Jamie, I wonder if he'll score a goal today? LOL

So no matter what your take on Love is be sure to make a card and enter our challenge.

We have a great sponsor Stamp and Create who are offering a $15 gift certificate for the winner.
Come along and join the fun!
Katie

16 comments:

Juls said...

wow this is fab!! great image!! and I love the layout and colours...perfect for all those chaps! Hugs Juls

Cathy said...

Fab card and great iamge.
Thank you for joining in the ABC challenge this time.
Cathy xx

Ann Whitfield said...

This is brilliant Katie, fabulous image (beautifully coloured) and this puffy stickers are excellent. Thank you for bring this to Crafty Ann's.
Ann x

Karin said...

Great boy card and love the colors! Thanks for playing at My Grafico!

Joni Parker said...

What a cute card. I just love it!! Thanks for playing with us at Practical Scrappers.

magicwanda said...

Very nicely done....
Thanks for joining us @ Practical Scrappers
Wanda:-)
--{--@

Audrey said...

Too cute! Great card for a boy. I find those so hard to do. Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!

Ippity Chick said...

this is awesome, what a great image!

Wendy Hall said...

This is brilliant Katie!! I luv that you found those great stickers to go with Jamie!!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Katie this is great loving that image and your design thank for joining our challenge at Crafty Ann's
Hugs
Lorraine x

Beryl said...

Hi Katie, This is a great card and I love the way thr punched border reflecta the shape of the footballs.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's challenge.
Beryl xx

Unknown said...

This is darling! I love your lable nestie! Your little soccer dude is colored just perfectly! Thanks for playing with us again this week at Practical Scrappers!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

LilyPuss Cards said...

Lovely...thank you for joining us at ABC..
hugs
Jan..x

Anne said...

Glad you could come and play at CACB this time with such a stunning card. Hugs xx

Rachel B said...

I love this card with all those soccer balls. Awesome! Thanks for joining in at MyGrafico.
Rachel B

Denise Clark said...

Terrific card for any soccer fan! I love the border you created! Wonderful job. Love the blue with black! Handsome image!

Thanks so much for playing along with the PICK 3 Challenge!