Monday, May 31, 2010

Feeling HOT HOT HOT!!! and Patriotic too!

It's a Double posting day and I hope you have a fabulous Memorial Day (or Bank Holiday) planned!
My hubby is away on a Scout camp so I'm on grill duty! LOL
I have a very Patriotic card for you today.
Although I live in Texas I was born and raised in Nottingham England and lived there for 28 years and my heart will always be there. But one thing the UK and the US share are the colors of their flag, Red, White and Blue so on US Holidays I can always be transported home in my heart right away. So today's card fills both sides of the Atlantic :)

This card fits with the following challenges:

Magnolia Stamp Lovers - Summertime
Just Magnolia - Hot and Spicy
Magnolia Birthday Bash - Sketch
Magnolia Down Under - Flowers
Crafty Creations - Favorite stamp (I couldn't choose one so I had to just choose a Tilda as they are what really got me into stamping)
Stampin With Dragon - Summer
Cupcake Craft - Summer Delights
For Fun - Masking
Scrap Stamp and Doodle - Red White and Blue
Ann's Creative Nook - Red White and Blue
No Time To Stamp - Colors of your flag. Well although I've been in the USA for 13 years now my home country is Great Britain and our flag is the Union Jack and it's Red, White and Blue like the Stars and Stripes!
Doodle Palace - Colors of Your Flag
Res Q - Red, White and Blue
Color Chef - Light Blue, Dark Blue, Red and White
Friends Having Fun - Colors and Feel of Memorial Day



Card Recipe:
Image - Tilda with Ice Cream and Garden Park by Alota Rubber Stamps
Paper - Stash
Medium - Copic Markers
Sentiment - Target $1 spot
Brads - The Paper Studio





Couldn't you just do with an Ice Cream?



Here are the Copic's I used on this card.

Have a fabulous rest of your Memorial Day or Bank Holiday Monday if you are in the UK!
Katie

PS Don't forget to enter my Blog Candy HERE or Scroll down celebrating my BlogAversary!

31 comments:

Maureen said...

Very cute Katie! Love the RW&B (even though I am a Canuck ;) ) and the paper you chose reminds me of a picnic table tablecloth!

Very sweet - have a nice holiday day!

Unknown said...

How cute is that card! I am so glad you played along with the Color Chef Challenge!

Silvie Z said...

Hi Katie, lovely card! Love the colors! Great Job!
Hugs,
Silvie from France

sammi said...

I love love love this card! Thanks for joining us at Stamping With the Dragon!

Peggie said...

Very cute. Love the colors, of course.

Dragons Lair Designs said...

Love this card and yes i want an ice cream now lol thank you for joining us here at the Stampin with the Dragon Challenge Blog.

Hugs Janette
Stamping Dragon Designs

Gloria Dawson said...

Adorable card Katie! Love the scene and the flowers...great job on your coloring too!
Blessings,
Gloria

craftyb said...

Yep...I could just do with an ice-cream now!! Tilda is so cute....love your patriotic colours...thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

Erica said...

This is great! Thank you so much for playing along with FHF!

Helen Dooley said...

Great Job Katie! Never a let down when you do a project. Always beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing with us at For Fun Challenges this week.

Barb Hardeman said...

Super card Katie! Love the theme and your coloring is gorgeous!

Tracey said...

Hi Katie, this is a fab card - great masking :)

Thanks for joining us at For Fun this week.

Hugs
Tracey
x

Unknown said...

Hi Katie...how cute! I love this Tilda stamp...and you've created such a darling scene!! Just adorable! Pat Frank (VA)

Deb Neerman said...

Just adorable ... and so beautifully colored!

Thanks so much for playing along in this week's Stamp Simply "Flying High and Proud" colors-of-your-flag challenge!

Shelley said...

Lovely card, great hot colours. Great image and you have doen a wonderful job colouring. hugs Shelley

http://shelley-artfulachievements.blogspot.com/

cheryl said...

oh kate this is just adorable love the colurs and as usuall amazing attention to detail hugs cheryl xxxxx

Ann said...

Very cute Katie!!! Not only do the colors, but your scene tells us what one part of this day is. Thanks for playing along at the Nook this week!

megline said...

Beautiful card. Great job with the colors,
Hugs, Line

Barb F said...

Just adorable!! Love all of it! Hugs,

Kendra said...

This card reminds me of a picnic, and the ice cream...yummy! Great card, thanks for playing in our color challenge at SSDS!

Christine Riley said...

Oh she's adorable, I love it! What a fun summer card.
Hugs, Christine

Unknown said...

WOW This is fantastic!! Thanks for joining in this week at MDUC
Hugs
Karen
xxx

cabio's craft corner said...

Such a sweet card and cute layout!!
Hugs,
Cabio

lindyloo said...

wow what a super card thanks for sharing with use at stamping with the dragon and good luck lindyloo

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft with such a delicious card ! Love the colours ! Good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

Denise said...

So adorable and your coloring is fabulous! Thanks for playing RESQ Challenge this week!

Mina said...

fabulous card Katie a perfect hot and summery card...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx

Chantelle said...

Such a bright and cheery card - thanks for joining in at MDUC.

Anonymous said...

What a darling card! Your coloring is just gorgeous! What a wonderful collection of copics you have! I bet you do get homesick. There is no place like home, that doesn't change no matter where you move.
It is incrediable to me that you can cover so many challenges with one card! You are so good girl!
I have been down for the last week or so. I need to get busy and make some cards. You put me to shame!LOL!

Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Pam L.

The Crafty Den said...

What a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Vivi Casale said...

adorable card! love the background!
Thanks for joining us at MSL!
Hugs
Vivi