Sunday, March 14, 2010

So many challenges, so little time!

Happy Sunday,
If you've been following me for even just a little while you'll have noticed that I like to play on the challenge blogs.
Some people think I take it a little too far at times, and sometimes I'll agree with them! LOL But it is so much fun finding the challenges (I have a book with close to 300 challenge blogs in it) and working out which ones work together. It also takes me out of my creative box at times, making me try things I wouldn't do otherwise. Surprisingly I don't play for the prizes although there have been a few that I see and say "oh I'd love to win that one", but if I do win a prize it is received lovingly and is a bonus.
I've made online friends through my challenge searching and playing and I want to Hi! say to all of them!
This week there have been so many great sketches that I just had to have a day with a few of my "just because" creations.

Card 1

Think Ink have a Sketch
Die Cuts R Us wanted Handmade flowers
Crafty Creations wanted Handmade flowers as well
Little Red Wagon wanted Fabric and I made my flower from fabric:)
Glenda PSR wanted Texture (think the fabric flower should count :))
Digital Tuesday wanted Piercing (and a digi)
Crafty Card Makers wanted something Feminine
Flutterby had an Open week with a Fairy, Angel or Butterfly
Magical Crafts want "Things with Wings"
Crafty Ann's want Pink, Lilac and Lemon



Card Recipe:
Image - Heidi in the Flowers by CC Designs (I won this image and have been wanting to use it)
Photo corners - Making Memories
Paper - Flower Shower by DCWV
Medium - Copic Markers
Sentiment - K&Co
Ribbon - American Crafts
Fabric - Cranston Print Works





Card 2

Lord Have Mercy had a Sketch
Cards for Men want Paper Piecing
Color Chef wanted Yellow, Green, Brown and Cream
Pollycraft Distressing (and a digi)
Paper Popsicles were All About Home
Lets Capture Our Memories want Vintage
Pixie Dust wanted Flowers and Buttons



Card Recipe:
Image - The Potting Shed byModern Sugar Boulevard , sadly no longer available
Paper - Wild Saffron by K&Co
Medium - Copic Markers and Chalk Ink
Border Punch - Martha Stewart
Sentiment - Printed





I don't think you can see well enough in the photo but I paper pieced the door, bricks, window frame, flower pots, broom and the shovel handel. These were super fiddly to do but oh I just loved it!

Card 3

Midnight Madness started me with the sketch
Creative Cottage had their 1st challenge and it is "New" and this image is new to me
Crazy Challenge want you to Triple It and use 3 of anything. I used 3 different ribbons, 3 blue flowers and a 3 word sentiment.
Critter Challenge wanted Flowers on the image and Yellow, Blue and Green
Rosie Dees want you to "Think Spring"
One Powerful Hour had the theme of Luck and I think a lot of people throw coins in a Wishing Well to change their luck
Corrosive also wanted Luck as the theme
Handfull Of Stamps had a Lucky theme too!



Card Recipe:
Image - Audreys Wishing Well by The Stamping Boutique
Paper - Flower Shower by DCWV
Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts and Prima
Sentiment - Printed
Border Punch - Martha Stewart
Medium - Copic Markers and Airbrush System





I hope you liked these and thanks for coming by and following along with my adventures in card making!
Katie

42 comments:

Donnas Den said...

Great cards, Katie.

Don't forget to link up with Mr Linky on Cards for Men.

Donna xx

Sandra said...

Beautiful cards, Katie.I think its great the way you combine challenges!!

Hugs
Sandyx

Rosanne said...

All these cards are lovely!

Glenda J said...

Katie - I absolutely love the flower on that card and the colours are so cheerful! Fabulous card (in fact all of them are). Thanks so much for playing along.

Craft Paper said...

Super cute cards! Thanks for playing in the Critter Sketch Challenge!!

Kathryn B said...

All your cards are beautiful!

Thanks for playing with The Critter Sketch Challenge this week!

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous cards Katie, brilliant paper piecing. Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men and good luck with the Challenge. With hugs Shirleyxxx

Ann Whitfield said...

Fabulous cards Katie I love your lilac pink and lemon one, it's perfect for Crafty Ann's so thank you for bringing it along.
Ann x

Michelle Quinno said...

Fantastic cards, Katie!

Mervi said...

So beautiful cards.
Thanks for playing with us
at Rosie D's challenge with your two cards,
good luck;-))m

Lisa Foster said...

Gorgeous cards, Katie!

Beryl said...

Fabulous cards Katie.
Your work is an inspirational.
Thank you for joining in Crafty Ann's challenge.
Beryl xx

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute cards, thanks for playing along with the Critter Challenge Blog!

Carol Ann said...

I love the card you have entered into Wings and things, lovely image, papers are gorgeous but my favourite is that gorgeous flower. Thanks for playing along at Magical Crafts.
Carol Ann xx

Chrissie said...

Such fabulous cards Katie, your colouring is wonderful!
Little Heidi is just adorable.
Thanks for joining in with Crafty Ann's challenge.

Heather Schlatter said...

Oh My such wonderful creations and so many to see!!!

Love what you did great creativity thanks for playing in the challenge this week!!!

Heather - DCRU DT

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous cards!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at DCRU this week!!
Sheri
DCRU DT

Sue said...

Katie, you have been one busy lady!
Your wishing well card is such a bright happy scene. Love all the colors you have used. Thanks for joining us this week for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. Your card is a great take on the sketch.

Sue
MMSC March Guest

Kimberly S said...

Wow, what a busy crafter! Gorgeous cards, lovely coloring, and of course I especially love Heidi sitting among the flowers. Your handmade fabric flower is beautiful! Ooo...I see those butterflies around the wonderfully cheery Wishing Well too! Thanks so much for joining us for Flutter By Wednesday! :)

Danni said...

Wowzers!! Such wonderful, wonderful creations! Love them all! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Denise @ kc242 said...

Katie, your cards this week are all fabulous. I especially love how you incorporated the Midnight Madness Sketch. Love the sentiment as well as your wonderfully colored image. Great take! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness!
Denise
Midnight Madness DT

Anonymous said...

All of your cards are just wonderful! How do you find the time to do all of the things you do? Girl I need you send me some of your energy.LOL. I love your creations Katie.
Hugs,
Pam

Avril Tanner said...

Such cute cards! I love the fabric flower you made! Thanks for playing along with Little Red Wagon!

LORi said...

Super Fabulous!!! WOOT WOOt!!Love that you shared with DCRU this week!!

DCRU HUGS - LORi

~*Joni said...

Bravo for all the challenges with these adorable cards! You did so well with this pretty gallery. :D The fairy is so cute, and I love that patterned flower! Thank you so much for joining us at DCRU this week!
~*Joni DCRU DT

Anonymous said...

Katie I love that you join in our Crafty Creations challenges!! Beautiful work on all your cards!!
smiles,Deena

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Katie - way to go with all of the challenges! I love your cards and the MMSC ones especially! Great use of the sketch - your border is perfect! The wishing well is a cute image - well played Katie! We appreciate you supporting us this week - we love to see your card and hope to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Carol Hurlock said...

Katie I am guessing you were having a great time in your crafting room recently. What cute and adorable cards. You have a nice crafting style. Great job on the sketch this week. Thanks for playing along with us in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Becky said...

Wow! Beautiful cards Katie!!
Thanks so much for joining us again for our first challenge at The Creative Cottage, I hope you'll be able to join us again on Wednesday!
Love Becky xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Katie two stunning cards they really are beautifully created I adore that 1st one which is perfect for our challenge at Crafty Ann's thank you so much for joining us

Hugs
Lorraine x

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Katie, you have been busy making three very beautiful cards. I love the colour combo that Crafty Ann chose this week and little Heidi certainly suited these colours as well.

Thanks for joining in with Crafty Ann's Challenge this fortnight. Hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym xxx

Priscilla said...

WOW Katie, you have been a busy girl. I love all your cards.. your coloring is so pretty. Your MMSC card is just Beautiful.. Great take on the sketch. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week. Be sure to check in for all the exciting news in this weeks Tuesday post! Lots of new things happening and I am sure you will love it!!
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

iReneM said...

Three gorgeous cards, Katie.

I love your Heidi, so beautifully coloured and the fabric flower is ace :-)
Thank you for sharing this for Crafty Ann's colour challenge.

x

She's a Color Queen said...

Wow, what wonderful cards!! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Popsicles!!!

Linda . J said...

Gorgeous card Katie and love the design and details, the colours are beautiful.
Thank you for joining in over at Crafty Ann’s this week.
Hugs Linda

Unknown said...

Love all the bright colors! Next time I come across a wishing well I will make a note of tossing a coin in.

Thanks for joining us at OPH.

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Rosie-D’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lisa said...

What a beautiful selection cards!Thanks for playing with Pixie Dust Studios this week!

Liz said...

So sweet an image for our challenge great colour too Thank you for joining MCFC with this beautiful project Great take on our Wings theme all your cards there are brill

Liz

Unknown said...

Hi to you too !!!

You are a very organized person, keeping a book with all the challenges in - all your cards are truley brilliant well done hun, thanks for playin with us at crafty cardmakers xx

Julie Riley said...

How organised !! Lovely card, love the image, may be one I will have to buy. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers x

Unknown said...

Wow, beautiful and stunning cards. Always love what you come up with!!! Thanks so much for playing along with HFOS.
Trish