Saturday, March 20, 2010

So Super Sweet! A New Pixie Cottage Card

Happy Saturday!
It's been Spring Break here this week so thank goodness for evenings!
I've a new Pixie Cottage card for you today and be sure to check out The Pixie blog as there is a new tutorial by team member Renata.

I used a few challenges to help me with this:

Color Dare had the combo of Real Red, More Mustard, Gable Green and Tempting Turquoise
Moxie Fab had a Chair with a Pillow with similar colors and patterns to the dp I chose
Sweet Sketch Wednesday had a great sketch
365 Cards Day 13 A Whole New Dimension
Crafty Cardmakers want a Feminine Celebration
Charisma wants Something for The Kids
Paper Cutz want 1 Ribbon and 3 Buttons



Card Recipe:
Image - Sweet Molly from The Pixie Cottage
Paper - The Citrus Stack by DCWV
Buttons - The Paper Studio
Medium - Copic Markers
Sentiment - Studio G
Border Punch - Martha Stewart



Inside is more dp and a message mat.



Hopefully you can see that I popped up the cupcake and flowers in Molly's hair and I replaced the top of her lollipop with a button!
I hope she brought a little sweetness into your day and be sure to check back tomorrow for a Pile It On card with a ton of challenges!
Katie

21 comments:

artish said...

your vibrant color choice~ just what i needed to see considering the current weather! LOVE the "button lolli" katie!

CreativeMish said...

Very pretty! What a cute image! and I love the designer papers you chose

sweetbloominscraps said...

Great card...inside and out! Love your papers and image! Makes me want to go to the ice cream and candy store! Thanks for playing at SSW!

Marjo said...

Stumbled across your blog, gorgalicious cards! Just had to become a follower..lol Newbie, just love all the talent that everyone is so willing to share out in blogland! Thanks a bunch..Marjo

Helen Dooley said...

awesome card! I also want to thank you. I went to all the places you showed and had fun. great places, beautiful work. thanks so much for playing with us this week at PCC.

Unknown said...

Katie you did a wonderful job on this! I cannot believe the amount of challenges you ALWAYS seem to manage to include. I am hunting one or two for the card I am doing and it is really hard and frustrating.

Do What You Love said...

Katie, excellent card, so perfectly puffed up for that great 3D effect! Stunning! Thanks for joining us at SSW! :)

Unknown said...

this is so vibrant, well done, love the lolly can we share ??

thanks for playin with us at crafty cardmakers xx

Christi said...

GreatJob on The Color Dare! I really like your dp choice and how beautifully you designed the inside as well as outside of the card! Thanks for joining us at the color dare!

SharonS said...

Why hi, Katie Tate! It's your old SBA friend, SharonS, just surfing in from Moxie Fab. Your kids get cuter every day and your card is beautiful!

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love the button as a lolly pop, such a fab finishing touch! Hugs Juls

Carolyn King said...

SWEET card. love all the dimension!

mulberry station said...

I love the button for the lolly pop! That is just too cute! The iamge is adorable! VEry nice job!
Nancy SSW-DT

The Other Patti Sue said...

So cute... just makes me smile! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Dare!

Donna said...

Fantastic take on this weeks sketch, a real riot of colour on this card...thanks so much for joining in the fun at SSW :) Donna x

Donna said...

Fantastic take on this weeks sketch, a real riot of colour on this card...thanks so much for joining in the fun at SSW :) Donna x

Lori said...

SO cute. I love the image and how you colored her. Your papers are gorgeous too. Great job combining all those challenges...thanks for making the Color Dare one of the challenges you play along with.
Lori
CD DT

Kelly said...

love the bright colors on your card! adorable image, too!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Katie! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World. Thanks so much for playing along! :)

KymKreates said...

Katie,
Now it is my turn to thank you!! I adore your coloring and the way you used your buttons is superb!!! Thanks for joining us this week at SSW.
KymKreates

Anonymous said...

So cute! and so colorful. I love it. I love how you popped out the cupcake and her flower. such a gorgeous card.
Hugs,
Pam