Thursday, March 4, 2010

Treehouse Stamps - A New Sketch

This week at the Treehouse Stamps blog we have a new challenge and this one is a brand new sketch! And our featured Design Team member is Maria, drop on over to her blog to see her wonderful work!



I turned the sketch on it's side and made a Z Fold card to match the sketch. I've never done this fold before but I'd loved it and am glad I now have it in my card "arsenal".

There were more challenges that I added to this card:

One Stop Crafts wanted you to be Optimistically Pink
Poppy Paperie wanted Crystals/Rhinestones, a Flower image and a touch of Light Yellow (I think I made it work with the Pink :))
Allsorts want Something for Mum
My Time To Craft had a Just for Mum theme
CRAFT want Mothers Day too
Simon Says wants Mothers Day/Girly
Our Daily Bread want you to "Think Outside the Box" and do something other than the regular size/fold on a card. So I try my version of a Z Fold with the sketch turned on its end.
Lucy's Cards want you to be inspired by another card and I just loved this recent card by Christine a member of the ODB DT
Crafty Ann's want you to do something you've not done before



Card Recipe:

Image - Spring Bouquet from the collection at Treehouse
Paper - Nana's Nursery Baby Girl Pad and My Minds Eye
Deep Border Punch - Martha Stewart
Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts
Rhinestones - Michaels $1 spot
Medium - Copic Markers
Sentiment - Printed Poor Richard font
Die Cuts - Spellbinders



Here you can see the Z Fold from the side



I used one of the fabulous Bouquets from the Spring Bouquet collection and there are so many in this set that I know I'll be using them again and again.

So we'd love to see what you do with the sketch, enter your creation at the Treehouse Stamps blog!
Katie

25 comments:

Neva said...

Katie what a fabulous fold for this sketch. I love it. Great job

Ann Whitfield said...

Ooh this is so pretty Katie and that fold is great - I've never done one but I think I'll have to give it a go. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's - I think this is one of the best themes I've set - it's brought so many great ideas forward.
Ann x

Davi said...

Wow this is beautiful!! love the way the card folds,the dp and pretty image!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love this z fold card, Katie!! Pretty coloring of the tulips, and I love the batch of little flowers on the bottom left! Great job!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Katie what a stunner this is those colours are awesome and i love how you have done this fold a marvellous piece of work thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at Crafty Ann's

Hugs
Lorraine x

Sabrina Jackson said...

OMGoodness, Katie, what an awesome card!!! I love this fold and have yet to give it a try ;D. Thanks so much for playing along in tis weeks Shning the Ligh Challenge. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina (ODBD CT)

Marlene said...

This is so clever. I've never attempted a fold like that one. Beautiful.

Beryl said...

Katie this is beautiful. I haven't seen this fold before and I think it's a great one. Love your choice of papers and image.
Thank you for joining in Crafty Ann's challenge.
Beryl xx

Julie said...

This is beautiful Katie, I love the shape. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week.
Julie x

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Katie
What a lovely bright card. Nice to see you try a card that you hadn't tried before. It's nice how challenges can just give us that little bit of a push to do something we'd thought of doing.

Thank you for taking the time to enter this into the Crafty Ann's Challenge this fortnight. I was lucky enough to be a Guest Designer this month so I am looking at all the lovely creations and seeing how others interpreted the challenge.

Take care and my best wishes, Kym xxx

gina g said...

Such a pretty card Katie love the pretty tulip image. Thanks for joining the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

Trimgym said...

Great cards, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck.

Jo and Tigerlover.

Rose said...

Gorgeous card, I love the tulips, thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T and good luck.

Rose x

Sara Mac said...

What a lovely card! The z fold is so fun. I'll have to try it sometime.

Suzi Mac said...

This is so pretty, love the image and your papers. The fold is fab (must try this one) Perfect for our challenge over at One Stop Crafts and for CRAFT challenge. Thank you for joining us this week. Hugs Suzi x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh what an elegant and beautiful creation. Awesome design!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!

ChristineCreations said...

Aw, well THANK YOU Katie! That was so sweet to mention me! I love what you've done with this by extending the card more to the side too. A really great twist on the design! Beautiful flowers too!

Mummylade said...

Adorable card. I'm so glad you joined the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck.

Karen said...

Wow! What a way to combine challenges! Very pretty tulips...can't wait to start seeing some pop up out of the ground!:>

America said...

so beautiful!! Love that DP!! WOW!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at ODBD Shining The Light Challenge. :)

Lorraine A said...

oohh this is absolutely gorgeous ! :-) I loove this card ,, the image and papers are lovely band the Z card is fantastic :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Jill said...

Your coloring is spectacular! I'm LOVING your blog! WOW!

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. this week in our Mothers Day / Flowers challenge. Beautiful card - lovely combination! Cheers Claire x

Chrissie said...

I absolutely LOVE the look of this fold, I really must start being more adventurous and give it a try!
Thanks for joining in with CACB.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

A really pretty card! Thanks for joining us at CACB this time!