Sunday, August 14, 2011

Guest Designer for Sparkles Christmas Card Challenge - Christmas Cheer!

Happy Sunday Everyone!
Before I get on to today's card I want to welcome anyone that has come over from the Crafty Storage Blog as my room is featured there today :)
I know my loyal readers have already seen the video and photos but if by some chance haven't then please click on the My Crafting Space tab above my Etsy cards to check it out.

Now on to crafting!
Today is my second card as a guest at Sparkles Christmas Card Challenges! This week we want to see some "Christmas Cheer" by incorporating a beverage of some kind. I was looking for an image of a Christmas Cocktail but couldn't find one I liked to I chose a warm cup of Hot Cocoa, maybe with a little dash of something stronger in it, wink wink!

Challenges:
AI Factory - Anything Goes
Craft Us Crazy - Anything Goes (3 entries only)
Craft Your Passion - Your Favorite Season (with all these 100F+ days I definitely love Winter more!)
Ooh La La - Christmas
Fab N Funky - Christmas (10 combined challenges max)
Do It With Digi's - Christmas
The Secret Crafter - Christmas is Coming
Totally Papercrafts - Food and Drink
Going Grey - Bingo! (I chose Digi image, Flowers and Punches)


Card Recipe:
Image - I can't remember, if anyone knows please leave me a comment so I can give credit
Paper - DCWV
Medium - Copic Markers
Flowers - Hobby Lobby
Border Punch - Martha Stewart
Ribbon - American Crafts
Die Cut - Spellbinders Octagon



I'm so glad to be playing along at Sparkles Christmas Card Challenges this month as it is giving me a start on those Christmas cards that always seem to creep up on me :)
Katie

18 comments:

Jacee said...

Beautiful Katie, love the strong colours.
Hugs Jacee

ahlers5 said...

Very pretty. I love the papers and poinsettias. I have seen your name so many times listed as a winner om different challenges I just had to come see your blog. Beautiful work.
Diane

Unknown said...

Wow Katie everytime i come i think i've seen the best one and then you come up with another!!!!!! Wow this is really gorgeous!!!!! You sure have the talent for this!!!!! Absolutely amazing!!!!!! Love visiting here!!!!!

Jodi said...

This is simply wonderful - very nice attention to detail! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Craft Your Passion - hope to see you join us again soon!
Hugs,
Jodi

Anne Temple said...

Gorgeous Christmas card. Love the green tea cup - it reminds me of the green Depression Wear I've seen. Glad you joined us for the Anything Goes challenge at AiFactory this month.

heidy said...

What a beautiful card Katie!
Thanks for joining fab'n'funky this week!
Hugs heidy

Peggy said...

This is such a beautiful Christmas card. Wonderful job. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

debby4000 said...

Oh Katie this is gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Curly said...

Wow this is such a Wonderful creation, the image is adorable and coloured so beautifully its just perfect for our challenge

Thank you so much for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge and we hope to see you next week,

I also have some calorie free candy if you are interested

Good Luck with the challenge

Hugs Bridget :0) x
SCSC DT

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Thanks for joining our "Christmas is Coming" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Ginny said...

Fab card. Thanks for joining fab'n'funky this week!

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous creation and perfect for our Christmas is Coming Challenge this week at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, thank you for joining us
Hugs Kate xx

Susie Sugar said...

Fantastic Katie
Thanks for joining us Digi Divas at the "Do It With Digis challenge" this time
Hugs Susie Sugar & Lynne xx

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the embellishing.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

chilli pip said...

Very easy to give gushing comments as this card is stunning. Beautifully crafted inside and out. Thanks for joining the ooh-la -la team this week

Victoria said...

a lovely card thank you for joining us on totally papercrafts this challenge

victoria dt

Jeni said...

Beautiful card Katie! Love your little felt poinsettias and tea pot on the inside. Thanks for playing along in the Totally Papercrafts Challenge this week. ~jeni :)

Wendi said...

Wow gorgeous card the colours and image are very striking
love the poinsettia's
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi