Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Guest Spot at Decorate to Celebrate - Family Reunion

I won a challenge the other week at Decorate to Celebrate and part of my prize was to be a Guest Designer for them.
The challenge this week is "Family Reunion" and it was a difficult one for me. We don't tend to do the big reunions in England like they do here in the US so I had no previous experience to fall back on for ideas. But I've seen them on the TV and the internet and I know it tend to be a "matchy matchy" kind of affair and so that's what I went with :)

Challenges:
AI Factory - Anything Goes
Catch The Bug - Anything Goes (3 entries only)
Stamp Something - Something Digi
One Stitch At A Time - Use a Digi
Crafty Purple Frog - Anything But A Card
Sentimental Sundays - Flowers (with a sentiment)
Paper Creator - Flowers
Mami Doodles - Flowers
Stamping With The Dragon - Green, Red and White
Pennys - Watermelon (the fruit or the colors)
The Crafty Pad - Gone Fruity (Watermelons on the clipart)
Crafty Ann's - Summertime
Creative Inspirations - Summertime
Clear It Out - Summer
Just Some Lines - Summer



Project Recipe:
T-Shirt - Gildan (craft dept at Walmart)
Clip Art - Peaceful Petals by Trina Clark
Paper - Keeping Memories Alive
Border Punch - Martha Stewart
Printable Iron On Sheet - Next Style (again at Walmart)


I created the logo using lots of the pieces of clipart, it has png versions of each image which makes for super simple layering, and then added the lettering. To print the logo you simply flip it so the whole thing prints backwards and then iron it on to the T-Shirt, a very simple process.


I thought it would be an easy way to remember who attended the reunion if they signed in. This could be printed multiple times and bound at the top into a pad if needed. The actual pages could be added to a scrapbook page so there would be a permanent reminder.


I used the same logo on the invitations, just printed smaller.


The rosettes simply have a cut out flower in the center (from the clip art set) and a rhinestone on top. I added a jewelry button/badge pin to the back so it can be worn.

I hope you like this, it was fun to do and very simple. And with the clip art set being only $1 it made it inexpensive too!
We'd love to see your creations over at Decorate to Celebrate and remember the challenge is always optional each week, you can link up any handmade decoration to enter.
Katie

27 comments:

Courtney said...

What a great idea Katie! I love this! Thanks for joining us again this week at Penny's. Good Luck!

Courtney~

Unknown said...

pretty flowers
Thanks for joining us at paper creator`s crafts, say it with flowers challenge

Hazel said...

What a brilliant project. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hazel x

Dawn said...

Lovely Project! Thanks for playing at The crafty Pad this week in our Gone Fruity Challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

Hiya Kate! I love the hearts cut out of the accordian flowers! Great inspiration! as usual hehe! Thanks!
This is just fabulous and a great entry for the Stamping with the Dragon challenge! Be sure to come back and visit us again!
Hugs
Tammy Louise

You're invited too join in on my blogversary candy till 8-30 if you collect.

Jen said...

Super project. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's this week.
Jen x

Ann Whitfield said...

This is fabulous Katie and a great interpretation of the reunion challenge.Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Jenn Borjeson said...

Wow this is amazing, great job! Thank you for joining our challenge at Just Some Lines!

CraftyGals Blog said...

Gorgeous card :) Thankyou for joining us over at Paper Creator Crafts xx

Maggie's Crafts said...

Thank you for taking part in GONE FRUITY challenge at The Crafty Pad!

Your creation is beautiful!:)

So happy you've joined us!

Maggie
x

stampingmarianne said...

Good idae! Love this original set!
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT!
Marianne

Unknown said...

oh this looks like a fun reunion~! love the guest book sign it! GREAT idea!
kacee

Laney said...

WOW!! Fabulous project Katie!!
thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this time would love to see you next time too
hugs
laney

Hannah Clark said...

This is so sweet! I love all the different elements! Fabulous watermelons! Thanks for joining us at Penny's!

callyannc said...

Super cte! I love the ideas. The flowers are great too! Maybe I can learn to make those too. I came from decorate to Celebrate cuz they are awesome! Thanks CallyAnn
http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com

Jenni said...

Congrats on being a guest designer at DTC! I love everything that you made, especially the rosettes!

Hugs, Jenni
http://mylollipopgarden.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

super cute project!!! I love the sentiment you used throughout. Great being a guest designer with you!

Liz

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful reunion projects. Especially like the rosettes.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

smyiow said...

Decorate to celebrate sent me!! Super cute ideas and I love the flowers!

my-o-scrappin.blogspot.com
smmyiow@gmail.com

Wendy Couture said...

Decorate to celebrate sent me and I am SO glad that they did! I just love your creativity!! I hope to be this good one day...Soon.. :)

Please come and visit me at my blog
www.cardsbycoututre.com

Thanks!!

Judy Evors said...

What a great idea to have a sign in page to put in a scrapbook.TFS
Decorate to celebrate

Carol's Creations said...

Here from Decorate to Celebrate and your creations are AWESOME!!! I wish I were as talented to create this kind of stuff!

Carly said...

Hi saw your project at Decorate To Celebrate ... congrats on your guest spot. This is lovely!

Alisha said...

Decorate to celebrate sent me and i am glad i stopped by. very cute ideas.

alisha.moorenielsen@gmail.com
http://scrappin-happens.blogspot.com/

image queen said...

I'm glad I dropped by from Decorate to Celebrate. You have a lovely blog. I like how you used png shapes to make your background.
Thanks for inspiring.
http://jeanniecards.blogspot.com/

Zabrina said...

Dropping by from d to c.
Nice projects!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Going thru the Decorate to Celebrate projects that I'm included in and again I want to tell you that I like your Rosettes.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
Guest Designer Decorate to Celebrate
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com