Monday, August 22, 2011

Magnolia Monday #15 - It's Your Fault :)

Big day in this house.
It's Back to School and this year it's all 3 children going.
Nate is starting High School and is worried he'll get lost. Georgia is going into 7th Grade and is sad that she doesn't have any classes with her friends and she can't even eat lunch with them as she is in Symphonic Band which means she eats with the 8th Graders. And Carter is going into Kindergarten and it means Mummy is at home all alone :( Early morning cuddles in bed and lounging in the PJ's will have to wait until weekends and will be replaced with lunchboxes, lost homework, pumping up bikes tires and making sure Nate gets on the bus. All my babies are stepping out and making their way in the world and this Mama Bird knows they need to stretch their wings and fly even if she has tears in her eyes :(

But I'll get used to it and maybe I'll finally have the clean house I've been looking for all Summer and all those chores that need doing but aren't urgent (cleaning out too small clothes from closets, moving furniture to vacuum the dust bunnies, recycling a years worth of magazines etc) will get on to the "to do list".

Plus I can craft when I like (chores pushed aside again maybe ;)) and there will be other things to fill my day.

Anyway on to the reason you're here, it's time for another Magnolia Monday and I can believe I'm on week 15 of my mission! LOL I think you'll like this weeks as Tilda is feeling a little sassy :)

Challenges:
AI Factory - Anything Goes
Digi's With Attitude - Anything Goes
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes
Thrilling Thursday - Anything Goes
Aud's Sentiments - Anything Goes
Totally Tilda - Fit For A Princess
Corrosive - Girlie
House of Gilli - Sketch
Through the Craftroom Door - 2 Punches and Yellow
Marianne Design Diva's - Anything Marianne D (used a die)
Fussy and Fancy - Use a Lot (3 or more of your favorite embellishment)
Crop Stop - Pearls (3 entries only)
Just Magnolia - Funny Sentiments
Papertake Weekly - Bingo! ( I chose Free, Pearls and Blooms)
Crazy 4 Challenges - Bingo! (I chose Square Card, Die Cuts and 2 or more DP's)
Crafty Anns - Scallops or Fancy Borders
Magnolia Down Under - Butterfly
Flutterby - Punches and/or Dies (with an Angel, Butterfly or Fairy)


Card Recipe:
Image - Princess Tilda
Paper - Spring Blossom by K and Co
Medium - Copic Markers
Sentiment - 7 Gypsies
Border Die - Marianne D
Daisy and Butterfly Punch - Martha Stewart
Pearls - The Paper Studio and Recollections



I just loved this sentiment and it really made me laugh, just what I needed today.
I hope you've enjoyed this and I'm sending hugs to all the Mommies sending off their offspring to school and college, no matter how young or old, how easy or hard it seems, I've got your back and I know you have mine.

If you have a Magnolia card on your blog today please link it below and I'll come and visit and hope you visit the others linked too, nothing like a little Maggie love to bring a smile through the tears.

Katie





30 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

Fabulous card Katie. Love the layout the beautiful yellow and the delightful embellies. Best of all I love how you've colored Tilda and she is looking like a princess!
Hugs,
Barb

Rene said...

LOL! Oh I LOOOOVE that sentiment!!!! Adorable card Katie!
Rene :D

Anita said...

Wow! Stunning card!

Card Crazy said...

Beautiful card, Katie and love the sentiment. So cute!
Sue S.

Vicki said...

What a beautiful, happy card! I love the yellow! Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge Blog!

tootsie said...

Oh Katie! You have created an absolutely gorgeous card! So very pretty!

Thank you for joining us in our Anything goes challenge over at The PaperCrafting Journey!

Hugs,
Wendy

Danni said...

Very pretty and happy with the sweet colors you used!Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

Love the use of punches, the pattern paper, the coloring. Simply adorable in yellow tone! Thanks for joining us at CropStop!

Kathleen
Blog: “Let’s Get Scrappy!”

Anonymous said...

Very Pretty. Love the DP and colours used
Hugs Julie P

crafty amy said...

That sentiment is brilliant and you should be a very proud mummy bird :D
This is a gorgeous card too by the way as always.
Thank you for joining us for our fist ever challenge at Marianne's Design Divas and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Paula said...

Wonderful card! I love the brightness! The layout of card is just perfect with this image and colors. And love the sentiment!!

Chris said...

Gorgeous card Katie. Love the sentiment. Sounds like my best girlfriends.

Karen said...

Pretty card. A true ray of sunshine!

Carisa said...

omgosh, i just love your bright beautiful card! that border punch really draws my eye in. thanks for joining us at TTCRD this week :D

Ann said...

Beautiful card; I love those flowers, the butterfly, and the sentiment is funny!!! Thanks for joining us for the House of Gilli Challenge; good luck! :)

Suzi Mac said...

Hi Katie, well what can I say!! another beautiful card, love that colour combo, sweet Tilda and that sentiment. Thank you for joining in with our first challenge over at Marianne's Design Divas this month with your adorable creation.
Hugs
Suzi x

Ann Whitfield said...

I love it Katie, as always your card has the most fabulous dimension and balance, and of course, a beautifully coloured image. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow lovely card Kate, love the sentiment too, gorgeous Tilda and colours, thanks so much for sharing it with us at Totally Tilda, hugs Liz xx

Camilla said...

Oh what a sweet card Katie!
Thanks for joining MDUC this week.
Hugs, Camilla

darcy48 said...

Fab card Katie love the lovely summery colours you have used on your card. Arlinex

cabio's craft corner said...

Cute card Katie. Love the beautiful DP you use and love the yellow scheme :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

kramer_buffy said...

OMG... love that border... must own it... I love all the yellow here girl!

Thanks for playing with us this week at CropStop's Challenge, I hope to see you play again soon!

-- dalis

Julie said...

Beautiful card. Back to school time is always bittersweet for me. Love that the boys are excited to go back but I always miss them. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Hugs,
Julie

Michelle Pearson said...

simply adorable Katie! Love it! Thanks for playing the CropStop challenge! :)

Agnieszka M said...

Adorable card!
Thanks for joining us at CropStop Challenge!

Hugs
Agnes

Kylie said...

Oh wow Katie! What a stunning card.
Thanks so much for playing at MDUC this week.
Good luck,
Kylie xx

Christine said...

Gorgeous Princess Tilda creation Katie..stunning colour combo..

thanks for sharing at Totally Tilda chall this time.

smiles Christine TT DT & Girlies x

Mel said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors and Tilda is colored beautifully. Thank you for joining us at TTCRD Challenges.

The Bug said...

Congratulations you are the winner of Challenge #14 - our Sketch challenge at the House of Gilli!!
Hugs, Wini

Lisbeths kort og scrap said...

I'm not sure wether you only meant to put this one in the "use a lot"-challenge at Fussy and Fancy, or if you meant to put it into the celebrationchallenge as well...
This great card certainly fit both challenges! I LOVE the sentiment you've used (I have some friends I could use such a sentiment for :D)
Good luck in our challenge. Lisbeth K