Sunday, August 28, 2011

Guest Designer for Sparkles Christmas Card Challenge - Include a Photo


Today is my last card as a guest at Sparkles Christmas Card Challenges! This week we want to see you incorporate a photo on your card.
Mine is a very silly photo of my husband and my uncle from last Christmas. We went home to England for Christmas and my Mum bought them matching cardigan/jackets and so we had to take a funny photo for posterity!

Challenges:
AI Factory - Anything Goes
Digi Doodles Shop - Anything Goes
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes
Crop Stop - Anything Goes (3 entries only)
Papertake Weekly - Die Cuts
Tuesday Throwdown - Dimension and Texture
Crafts 4 Eternity - Christmas
Winter Wonderland - Trim a Tree



Card Recipe:
Paper - DCWV Handmade Christmas
Tree - Crafts Too Embossing Folder
Glitter - Stickles
Die Cuts - Spellbinders
Bows - Walmart



I embossed the green paper with the tree folder and then I cut it out.
I added Stickles in Gold, Green and Red to the areas on it to dress it up!
This card just makes me smile and I hope it makes you do too!
I've really this month as a guest at Sparkles Christmas Card Challenges and I now have 4 cards ready for Christmas!
Please come on over and link your card, remember the theme is always optional, we just want to help you make your Christmas cards!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Great card!! I really like the frame around the photo, the tree how it's all glittered up. Love it!

Amanda

NanaConnie said...

Wonderful way to show of Santa's 2 best helpers! Love the sparkle on the tree.

Vicki said...

Such a unique card! That tree is awesome. Thanks for joining our CropStop Challenge Blog.

dj1952 said...

You always do such great cards. I like the inside too. Thanks for joining us at DDSC. Hugs, dj

StephC said...

I love the photo! lol Such a lovely card too.

Thanks so much for joining us as our guest designer this month. It has been a pleasure having you, and your cards have been wonderful!
Hugs!
Steph

Karen said...

Great card Katie, thanks for joining us again at DDSC.
xx

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

Wonderful sparkles on your Christmas tree card! Thanks for joining us at CropStop!

Kathleen
Blog: “Let’s Get Scrappy!”

pinky said...

What a lovely idea Katie and great photo lol. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Karen said...

What a truly thoughtful creation this is. I love the work that has gone into this. Thank you so much for joining us at DDSC this week for our Anything Goes Challenge. Hugs. KraftyKaren.x

downrightcrafty said...

Hi Katie, love the use of the photograph on this creation, and the tree decoration is great and adore those little bows and bells, so sweet. Thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland this week
Hugs Kate xx

Benzi said...

What a great photo card. I love fun cards filled with memories. Your tree is super and your card has wonderful papers and embellies. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week.

Sandy said...

How Fun! I definitely makes me smile!

Sandy - 2 Cute Rubber Stamps Design Team Member
http://inkingofyoutoo.blogspot.com

Sally said...

What a fantastic tree and love the photo too. So glad you could join us at Winter Wonderland this week.
Hugs Sally xxx

Jill said...

gorgeous card katie fab photo too thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Katie, what a gorgeous card. I love the fun picture and the colour scheme is perfect. Thanks for joining us at winter wonderland. Hugs, Denise x

Anonymous said...

Great card.Beautifully created and love the fun photo.Thanks for joining us at DDSC.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

michele said...

Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week hugs x