Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Just Magnolia Challenge (oh and 4 others with this one too!)

Happy Hump Day everyone!
My plans this morning were to share a card and that I will do.
But I first want to say WOO HOO!!! my 4th of the July card that I blogged about here was the one chosen at random to be on the home page of the Magnolia-licious Yahoo group for the whole month of July! Not bad for a British import . I want to thank everyone that has sent me messages of congrats, I love all the ladies at that wonderful group, so full of talent!
Anyway, back to todays' card.
This is a 5-in-1 (I must be slacking after last weeks 8-in-1 LOL) and I will admit to manipulating the sketch a little to make it fit.
The challenges are:
Just Magnolia - Sketch
Pile it On - Add 4 or more buttons (I sure managed that :))
Charisma Cardz - Anything goes
Use It! - Nature (I chose the flowers), Polka Dots and Favorite Embellishment (buttons, flowers and punches for me)
The Pink Elephant - Favorite color combo challenge, I love pink and brown so that's how it went.



I chose Tilda with Tag from Magnolia-licious as I think she always looks good in softer colors.
The dp is Basic Grey Sultry and the flowers are Prima.
I layered two of the new EK Success border punches that I got from Michaels and embossed the top the punched border with a Cuttlebug border folder.




I love the bold pattern of this paper so much that I wanted to showcase it inside so I just added a simple space for a sentiment so you can see the lovely flowers.
I hope you like her and be sure to come back tomorrow for my card using this weeks sketch at Friday Sketchers.
Katie

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how you used the cuttlebug folder!!! CUTE! this is one of my favorite Tildas!
Pam Going Postal

Barb Hardeman said...

Well, Katie, you've done a fabulous job! This is just adorable. I love all your buttons, so precious all around your scalloped circle. Hey, we both live in Texas and I'm a Canadian import! Whataya know!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh how cute!! LOVE all the buttons and Tilda is just adorable!
hugs
Sharon

Anonymous said...

katie,
please get a hold of us at Pile It On! send me email to alidalis @ comcast . net (remove all spaces to send email)

-- dalis DTC for Pile It On!

Eulanda said...

wow I love your cards! Genius! Pur Genius!! LOL!! I mean 5 challenges? Seriously!! That is sooooo impressive. Love the border and the embossing. Very clever!

Candy said...

Hi Katie!
What a BEAUTIFUL card!!! I just LOVE it! Love the sketch and what you have done with the buttons AND the wonderful embossed border. Your work is awesome!
Hugs, Candy

Nancy said...

Katie your card is so very cute what a great job you did with completing all of those challeges into one! Love your card!
Hugs,
Nancy

Unknown said...

oh my, what a DARLING card Katie!!!! thanks for playing along with this week's Use It! challenge!!
♥rae

~amy~ said...

adorable!

cabio's craft corner said...

Katie, your card is beautiful! Wow 5 in 1 challenge, good for you!
Hugs,
Cabio

Kay said...

Precious card! I love all the layering and the gorgeous flowers!!! ♥♥ Kay

Vickilyn said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE all those buttons in the scallops!! Your card is ADORABLE!!

Thanks for joining us at PILE IT ON!!

~Vicki
Owner

LORi said...

Oh Oh Oh...Wonderful Beautiful card!!!!

Thanks for sharing with The Pink Elephant this week!!!

Anonymous said...

oh katie,
I forgot to say that the card is adorable and just so cute! I love tilda, not like other people that I know... LOL!!!

Thanks for Playing with us!

-- dalis DTC for Pile It On!