Thursday, June 11, 2009

2 New Cards for the Just Magnolia challenge

Another double posting day!
There are so many challenges and their deadlines keep catching up with me! LOL
I loved this sketch over at Just Magnolia so much that after doing one for them I used the same sketch again for the Magnolia-licious Yahoo group July card challenge.



For this one I used the Tilda with Flowers from the Chasing Butterflies collection. I colored her with my Copic's and the dp is DCWV Nana's Nursery Baby Girl stack. The border punch is Martha Stewart and the sentiment is another Studio G $1 stamp from Michaels. I used lots of Nesties too!



Inside I added a colored "Tilda head"! LOL




The Yahoo group challenge was to create a card with Red, White and Blue to help celebrate the 4th of July Holiday. I was a little stuck as which image to use so in the end I chose one that I thought would take the colors well.
I chose Tilda with Slate and I think she turned out cute!
The dp is from an older Summer Stack by DCWV and the border punch is Fiskars Threading Water. The rhinestones are from the $1 spot at Michaels.



The inside was simple with just an additional sentiment.
Anyway the weather is still grey and a little rumbley so I'm going to try and get another card made this afternoon...it's an obsession I tell you!
Katie

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful cards Katie, lovely papers and details. love how you have decorated the inside.. a great interpretation of the sketch. hugs rachxx

Barb Hardeman said...

Delightful cards Katie...Your papers are delicious and all the little details you've added really make your cards sensational. Even the insides are WOW! Great job...

Suzy said...

Beautiful cards with sweet, well thought out details. Just lovely!

Jacque said...

Katie...both of them are such cute, cute cards!! I especially love the red/white/blue one...great job...Hugs..Jacque

Candy said...

Katie - Your cards are beautiful. You had a great idea for card 2 - about school and freedom to learn in the USA. The first one is just so pretty with the flowers and border punch.
Hugs, Candy

Anonymous said...

Katie - darling Tilda cards!
Pam Going Postal

Sharon Caudle said...

They're both soooo cute, Katie!! Wonderful details. Love the papers you used on both of them! great cards!!!
hugs!
Sharon

Julie said...

These are both adorable. I like the rhinestones on the scallop circle, and the cute saying on the cherry card.

Cami said...

Both cards are just fabulous Katie! Love your coloring, DPs, embellies. Great take on the sketch. Cami

Bev said...

Fabulous cards, such wonderful detail! Thanks for joining us at JM this week x

Tab said...

Beautiful cards, such a sweet images and I love the colours you have used! Great take on the sketch too!
Hugs Tab xxx

Anonymous said...

Wow, Katie, those cards are super cute. I especially love the patriotic one. Fabulous!!!!
Hugs, Christina C.

Nancy said...

Katie...love both of your cards! Great job!

Vivi Casale said...

Adorable cards Katie, I love both of them!!
you are very talented!
Hugs
Vivi

cabio's craft corner said...

Wow Katie, my, you've been a busy girl. Love the girly gril pink Tilda card which is so sweet. And I love your July Homepage card. Those rhinestone around the scallop frame look so blinging cute!
Hugs,
Cabio

Eulanda said...

Oh I just love both of them!! I like that US colors are red, white & blue. Canada are red & white. Although you can still make great cards with those 2 colors, I would love to have had 3. Boy when they picked out those, obviously no women were around! LOL! :-)