Monday, December 14, 2009

Cute Daisy May - Green and Gold Christmas

Happy Monday Everyone!
It's time for the final challenge of the year at Cute Daisy Mayand we are ending with a Green and Gold Christmas.
I've chosen a few challenges to help me with this one and I'd love to see what you create with the color combo too.

Pennys Challenge had the theme of "Christmas Stars", I used a star embossing folder
Little Red Wagon had a photo inspiration of some gorgeous Green and Gold ornaments (or baubles for my English friends back home!)
Creative Card Crew wanted Gold or Silver
Cute Card Thursday had the theme of "Sew Beady" and wanted beads on your project. I used metal beads that I colored with a Copic to turn them gold and the "Peace" is a poetry bead.
365 Cards Day 285 wanted you to use the word Peace on your card
Lord Have Mercy had a great sketch that I gave a quick turn to for it to work with my image
Our Creative Corner wanted a Holiday project
Craft Ann wanted Texture



I simply loved the innocence of this image of the little girl with her candle from Sheet 53.
I colored her with Copic's.
I matted her on American Crafts gold cardstock and the back panels are embossed with the Stars folder from Cuttlebug.
The dp is My Minds Eye.



The inside is more dp and a message mat.



I just wanted a close up of the image :)
I'm sure you've still time to make another Christmas card, chose Green and Gold, show us what you've made and you could be the winner!
Katie

15 comments:

Irina Blount said...

Gold and green, these colors look so rich on Christmas card!! Love it!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Penny said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Thanks for joining us this week!~

Anonymous said...

Just love this Katie, you've really brought her to life with how you've coloured her. Well done on so many challenges and thank you for making Crafty Ann's one of them
Ann x

Darlene said...

This is beautiful and your coloring is AWESOME!!! What a cute little image and all done in green is perfect! Great job! Thanks for joining us at Penny's Challenge! Sure hope to see you again soon!!

Regan said...

well this is just beautiful, thanks for playing with us at LRW

Joanne said...

Isn't she just the sweetest? Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)

Deanna said...

Wow Stunning! Love what you did with the LRW inspiration photo!

Carolyn Wolff said...

Beautiful card and I love that embossing too. Thanks for joining us at the LRW!

Unknown said...

katie...this is precious! i love that sweet image, and your coloring is wonderful!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for last week...you did a fabulous job! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Karina said...

Dear Katie, occasionally I landed on your blog and love what I see her. You make wonderful artwork. Will come back from time to time to see what's new.

Perhaps you like to join my blog candy? http://creawitch.blogspot.com/2009/11/weihnachts-candy.html
Love from Switzerland
Karina

Rosanne said...

Oh this is sooooo sweet!

Spyder said...

aw, this is so cute, love the papers and the image
(Lyn)

Anne said...

So beautiful Katie! Lovely details, colors and the coloring is perfect! =)

Hugs, Anne

Beryl said...

Oh Katie - this is just sooo gorgeous. I love the sweet image and the colours you have used. The texture is fab too.
Beryl xx

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh, isn't she just adorable! I love all the green tones you have here. And what a great idea to use the embossed stars for a Christmas card. So happy you were able to join in the fun at the OCC this week!