Saturday, December 19, 2009

Pixie Cottage Showcase - Fancy Folds

Happy Saturday!
I can't believe it's Christmas next week!
We are all in the Festive mood here as my Mum flew in from England this week and will be with us until after the New Year!
This is the last Pixie Cottage showcase of 2009 and we are going out with a bang!
The design team was challenged to make a card with a "Fancy Fold" or use a folding technique somewhere on their project.
As I'm the proud owner of a new Martha Stewart Scoring board it was a great challenge for me.
I decided to try my hand at a Rosette flower and I love how easy it was to create a stunning embellishment!

There are a few challenges I did along with this one:
Cupcake Crafts wanted a 5" by 5" Birthday Card
Die Cut Dreams had the theme of "Glitter Me Silly"
Mojo Monday had a great sketch that I tweaked to make it square
Ooh La La had a color combo challenge of Brown and Pink
365 Cards Day 280 had a Trio of Chipboard, Blossom and Button
Creative Card Crew had the theme of "Anything Goes"
Cute Card Thirsday wanted an Aperture card
Dutch Dare had the theme "Make it Happen" and wanted handmade embellishments on the card



I used the Udderly Adorable Girl Cow as my image and colored her with Copic's.
I used my Quickutz square die to cut the window in the front of the card.
For the scallop border around the aperture I used a Fiskars border punch.
The papers are My Mind Eye.
The flower was made on my Martha Stewart scoring border and after I made one practise one the next one was easy!

Here's a close up of the sweetie cow!

Here you can see the flower, it's actually Stickles and not just glue around it but it doesn't show well in the photo.
I hope you liked this and ae well on your way to having a wonderful Christmas!
Katie

9 comments:

Tracey Parrott said...

What a darling card! Love this cow, the fun papers and your flower embellishment! So fun.

Anne said...

Hi Katie, thank you for joining us at OLL with such a delightful card. Love you flower - I'm going to add that to my 'things to try' list for the new year! Hope you have a great Christmas. Hugs xx

Susie Sugar said...

Fab card Darling I love the button Fan detail and the colours are fab too
Merry Christmas Katie & Thanks for Joining us for the DCD Challenge this time week , I hope you will join in next time too
Hugs Susie xx

Sandra H. said...

Very, very pretty Katie!!!

Victoria said...

oooh loving that handmade flower with the button and such a sweet candle sentiment too.

Fab to see you at Cupcake, CCC and DCD

Victoria
x

Denise @ kc242 said...

Absolutely adorable card Katie! I love the image, your coloring and choice of dp! Your fold technique on your flower looks interesting. I will have to try that one! Great card through and through!
Denise
Pixie Cottage Guest Designer

Mummylade said...

So cute with the candles. Thank you for joining the DCD challenge this week.

Liza said...

A gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Donna said...

Fantastic card, thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x