Thursday, December 24, 2009

It's a Christmas Miracle!

Happy Christmas Eve!
I don't have a card to share today but I do have a project to share.
But before all the crafty stuff I have something much more important, to my family anyway, to share.
If you've been following my blog you'll know that on Thanksgiving week we were "hit for 6" as they say in England (it's a Cricket term" when my husband lost his job. It was completely unexpected and being just a month before Christmas we weren't sure what the New Year would bring.
But we carried on "business as usual" as much as we could, vowing to make Christmas as happy (and normal) as possible for our 3 children.
Well on Sunday we got a glimmer that something may happen and on Tuesday Andy started his new job!!!! We got our Christmas Miracle!!!
I know many of you have sent me good wishes and have been thinking and praying for us over the last month and I want to send out a huge THANK YOU to each and everyone one of you, your kind messages have meant the world to all of us.
And to the special Angel who helped with gifts, you know who you are, I Thank You from the bottom of my heart. So many people who we only know through the internet who care:)
To make this finish on another high note I want to share a little gift I made for my Mum yesterday (don't worry she won't see my blog today).
This was a totally "from scratch" gift down to an impromptu photo shoot.




I'd had the fabulous SEI paper for a while but this was the perfect project.


The photos aren't the best, they are straight from my craft table as you'll see.
I colored the flowers first with a Copic and then added gold paint on top. The pearls were changed from white to gold/cream with my Copic too.





I'd had these letters for years (yes years) and I think they were perfect for this project. I know she'll love it when she finds it under the tree tomorrow.
Have a Wonderful Christmas and again Thank You for all the thoughts and prayers, they worked and for that I'll be eternally grateful.
Katie

20 comments:

Tracey said...

That is incredible news Katie! I am so glad things worked out. Your frame is gorgeous! What a lovely gift! Merry Christmas!! xx

pinky said...

Brilliant Christmas news Katie, and definitely a miracle. So glad for you all. Happy Christmas. Your Mum will surely treasure the lovely gift you have made her.
Pinky

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Katie , I prayed for goodluck for you all and you got it. I'm so pleased have a wonderful Christmas.Your gift is gorgeous I'm sure your Mum will love it. Lots of snow where you used to live in N Wales.
janex

ribenaruby said...

What a gorgeous gift and some really good news... miracles do happen...wishing you and your family a wonderful time together! Ruby x

Scrappymax said...

Oh Katie, I am so happy for you and yes, definitely a miracle, the best news I could have heard today. What an adorable picture of the children and will certainly be treasured by your mum.
Have a great Christmas and I know you will have a great New Year now.
Love MAX x

Hazel said...

Such good news about hubby's job - fantastic

Wishing you both a very Happy Christmas x

Jules said...

Hi Katie

Fantastic news!!

You really will have a great Christmas now I am sure.

Take care and make some lovely memories this Christmas.

Love Jules xx

Denise said...

Beautiful Kim! Thanks for sharing this beautioful creation & gorgeous kiddies!
Merry Christmas!
Hugs,
Denise

Unknown said...

Hi Katie,
I have had similar problems with my husband but he lost his job six months ago. But, like you, a little faith and alot of luck and it looks as though he will start a fresh in 2010!!
I love your gift for your mum. I am sure it will bring a few tears to her eyes. It is adorable and you have put so much work into it. Here's to a happy work filled 2010 for both of us.
Hugs
Dawn xx

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Katie what wonderful news! I'm so pleased for you all. What a beautiful frame and picure of your lovely children your mum will be thrilled!
Happy Christmas to all of you!
Hugs
Juliexx

Ann Whitfield said...

Oh Katie, reading this has made my Christmas! Your Mum will love this and your husband's new job is just the best news, I'm thrilled for you :o)
Have a wonderful time
Ann x

Sue from Oregon said...

Congrats to your hubby on the new job! What a relief for you family...Great news! Merry Christmas Tree (as Cole says this year)!

Beccy said...

Fantastic news Katie - so pleased for you and your family, you must be so relieved.

The photo frame is lovely your mum will be thrilled to recieve it.

Happy New Year Hun

Beccy xx

brenda said...

Wonderful news Katie, so very pleased for you and your family. You can go into the New Year on a really good note.

B x

Beryl said...

Just picked up on your good news Katie. I'm so pleased for you, your husband and your family as whole. Wishing you a very Happy New Year.
Beryl xx

Unknown said...

Katie just been trying to catch up with all my blogging friends and found your GREAT news, how fab, well all the best for 2010....just goes to show, if you keep positive, positive things happen. Love Avril xxxx

Enfys said...

Fantastic news Katie, I can feel your happiness from here........good luck in the new job, and a happy new year to all your family
big hugs
En xx

Faith S. said...

Gorgeous, Katie!! I'm so happy for you and your family!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh Katie I dont know how I missed this post earlier! I am so happy for you and your family! It is so heartwarming to hear this news!

li-bee-ti said...

Oh Katie,
I saw this post only now, and it brought tears to my eyes. I could actually feel your joy and thankfulness through your writing.
Such great news, and perfectly on time!
You're very lucky person to have such wonderful friends who helped you in your rough times. something to cherish.
I wish you and your lovely family all the best for the new year!
Happy New Year!