Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A New Sketch Challenge at The Pixie Cottage!

Another triple posting day but it's worth it!
It's time for a new Once Upon A Wednesday challenge at The Pixie Cottage and this time it's a new sketch.

It was a great sketch to work with and I added a few other challenges along side it.

Ildi Co had a color combo of Black and Bright
Paper Play wanted Christmas with No Red and Green
Creative Inspirations wanted Non Traditional Christmas colors, no red and green
Dutch Dare had a photo inspiration with the colors Black, Aqua/Blue and White
Stamp Something want you to "Glitz Something"
Tuesday Taggers had the theme of "Christmas Trees"
Simon Says Stamp had the theme of "Let It Snow"
Creatalicious wanted Snow and Sparkle


I used Winter Hannah on a Bench as my image and I just loved working with her. I just checked and there are now 51 stamp designs by The Pixie Cottage with new ones being added all the time. I love that there are different artists, all adding their own flair and style to the images.
I colored Hannah with Copic's. The dp is a combination of Basic Grey and My Minds Eye.
I don't usually say this but I highly recommend clicking on the photo to see the trees in a large form. I covered them with Tulip Puffy Paint in white and then before heating I sprinkled Art Institute Ultra Fine Transparent glitter in Crystal onto the wet surface.
Then I very gently heated it , held the heat gun as far away as possible, until it puffed up enough to look like snow capped trees.

Inside is a ribbon topped message mat.

Hopefully you can get a good look at the snow effect here.
I love playing with products not designed specifically for the scrapbooking and cardmaking market, it really widens your horizon.
I hope you liked Hannah and I'd love to see your creations with the wonderful sketch at The Pixie Cottage.
Katie

19 comments:

NGCARDS said...

Beautiful work here hun! Thanks for joining in at Creative Inspirations ! xxx

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Love what you did with the trees. It is what Ottawa looks like today.
Hugs
Tanya

Denise @ kc242 said...

Wow beautiful winter card. Love all of the extras on your lovely card. The trees,the bench and all of the wonderful shading of your image are so expertly done!

Kristine said...

This is sooo PRETTY and super cute katie!! LOVE this sweet image, and of course your beautiful papers and gems and sparkle on the trees add so much! Wonderful card =)

Liz said...

Thats Beautiful Thanks for joining paperplay

Liz xx

JayLynn said...

This is gorgeous!! I love all the detail, it shows you put a lot of work into this card and the results are beautiful, thanks for joining us at ICCC this week!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love the snowflake ribbon, pearls, gems, the snow on the trees, and the sweet image! Thank you for joining us at PaperPlay!

Denise said...

Katie,
This card is so beautiful! I love the trees, wish it snowed here in Hawaii...
Hugs,
Denise

Unknown said...

Beautiful Card Katie, I love it and the sketch is fab, must go and have a look at that....thanks for that, also thank you for joining us at TT this week. Hugs Avril xxxx

Unknown said...

I just love Hannah! You did a great job colouring her!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job Katie. Hannah is fast becoming one of my favorites. You did a gorgeous job on your whole card.
Hugs,
Pam

Sandra H. said...

Very, very nice work Katie!!!

PatR said...

Great card! Thanks for joining TT this week.
Pat xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card x Thanks for joining us at Tt this week x Janet

~Denise Lynn~ said...

beautiful card, love the papers and the details. Thanks for playing along at Stamp Something. :)

Teri said...

Wonderful project! Loving that image, cute!
Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Taggers this week!
Hugs,
Teri x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card...love the snow on the trees! Thanks so much for joining us at Creatilicious...hope to see you at the next one!

Abby:)

Bec said...

just adorable... Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious

Karin said...

What a beautifull card Katie.
Beautifull papers, great design and that image is so cute.
Thanks for joining the DDCC.

xoxo karin