Thursday, December 10, 2009

Challenge #7 at Cooking It Up!

Wow the weeks are flying by!
I can't believe we are on the 7th challenge at my Cooking It Up With Katie blog.
I'd love some more entrants and this could be the challenge to try as I'm offering a prize so run over and check it out!

The recipe is:
Use a Christmas theme
Add Ribbon
Use any current sketch challenge

Stampin For The Weekend want a Christmas card with Red, Green and Gold
Creative Card Crew also wanted Gold (or Silver)
Color Chef had the combo of Red, Green and Cream/White
Charisma had a color combo of Red, Green and White/Silver
Rosie Dees wanted Red, Green and Bling!
Sunflowers and Dragonflies had a theme of Merry Christmas
365 Cards Day 280 had the theme of "Candy Cane"
Cupcake Crafts had the theme of a "Christmas Carol"
Die Cuts R Us wanted a project with a "Holiday Feel"
Just Magnolia had a special monthly challenge of "Make a card for Someone Special", well I'd feel pretty special if I received this card.


I stamped Tilda Sitting With Candy and colored her with Copic's. Then I cut her out and made a present for her to sit on.
The dp is a mixture of Paper Studio and Joanns.
The border punch is from Martha Stewart.

The inside is more dp and a ribbon topped message mat.

Here is a close up of Tilda, all decked out for Christmas!
If you still have time before Christmas I'd love to see you over at Cooking It Up With Katie
Katie

26 comments:

Myrna said...

Ahhh, she's super cute. Like your papers great job.

Jacque said...

Katie!! She is just adorable!!! I really love the traditional Christmas colors too and this card is beautifully done...That Tilda is beautiful!! Hugs..Jacque

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Katie!! I love the colours on this!! xx

Cara said...

Katie, this card is just precious! I wouldn't be able to give it away. Thanks for supporting DCRU!!
Cara DCRU DT

Sharon Caudle said...

Cute, cute, cute, Katie!!! Tilda is so gorgeous and love that border punch! I think I passed on that one...might have to change my mind on it now! :) Great card! hugs!

Unknown said...

This is such a lovely card.

Thanks for joining us at Rosie D's Challenge Blog .

We hope to see you again soon!

Rosie
x

Kerry D-C said...

What a FANTABULOUS Christmas card!! Fun papers and layout!

brenda said...

Hello Katie

This is adorable, the colours the image, everything blends together so well into a beautiful card.

I do hope things are on the up a bit at your end.

Thank you for sharing your card with us at Rosie D's.

B x

Allison said...

lovely card
Thanks for playing along this week at Charisma
AllisonX

Cami said...

Oh Katie, I love this card! Tilda is so cute the way you have colored up and how clever to make that present for her to sit on. I love the border you made on your mat and all the rhinestons are so colorful and cheerful! Great card, inside and out! Hugs, Cami

Angelwood said...

This is just beautiful! Love your papers and the colors you've chosen. Tilda is super cute sitting on the present and she is beautifully colored too. The inside of your card is lovely also! hugs, Angela

Candy said...

Oh gosh your card is so cute!!!
Tilda is gorgeous :o)
Hugs, Candy

Lisa Foster said...

Just beautiful Katie!

Danni said...

Awesome card! So pretty!

Suzanne J Dean said...

She's just a holiday cutie! Love all the jewels & fab ribbon treatment--just super lovely!

hugz,
Suzanne

Nancy said...

Stunning card, Katie:O) Love the fab design, gorgeous papers, and Tilda is so cute. Love how you did the sentiment and ribbon part, clever!
Thak you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
Nancy;O)

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Katie,

This is such a sweet Tilda card. I enjoy your coloring and your use of ribbon. The ribbon holder/charm is a wonderful embellishment.

Smiles!
Gwen DT@DCRU

Sammye Jo said...

Katie- Such a fab job! LOVE it!! Thanks for joining us this week at DCRU DT!!! Sammye Jo

Jane said...

This is stunning! gorgeous details, thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia, hugs, Jane xx

Unknown said...

awesome card!! Thanks for playing!

Julie said...

She is so sweet. Great card!

Anonymous said...

Katie, this is gorgeous! I have to find some time for my Magnolia's. You do such a beautiful job coloring these babies.
Hugs,
Pam

Amber said...

Katie I always love your creations! Beautiful card! Love the image and the shades of green you used! Thanks for joining us this week at Die Cuts R Us!
Amber *DCRU DT*

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Rosie-D's Challenge with this lovely work!

Saskia :)

Anonymous said...

Katie Tate, you are whipping out one beautiful card after another girl! You know I loooovvve my Maggies.
Hugs,
Pam

Eulanda said...

Oh this is so cute! I just ordered this stamp and might manage to squeeze out 1 card before xmas - maybe! Just love it! Your card is adorable!