Wednesday, December 23, 2009

La La Lands Guest DT - Anything But a Card

Happy Wednesday!
Are you almost ready for the big day?
Tomorrow it's Christmas Eve but there's still time for a new creation from LaLa Lands.
This week to team was required to make "Anything But A Card" and that is so much fun for me.
I've always been an "altering" kind of gal and so these are never "challenges" for me, more like time to have some fun!
A couple of weeks ago I found this cute wooden Christmas Tree at Hobby Lobby and imagined it with someone standing next to it. But I didn't think I'd get time to make it this year but then I got the super cute LaLa with Ornament and this challenge came up and I knew I had the perfect combination.
So I ended up with a new Christmas decoration and you ended up with a new project to see!

I also found a few challenges to help me along the way.

Trimmies had a Free week
365 Cards Day 292 had a AD for inspiration
Paper Make Up had a Christmas theme with Red, Green and White
Frosted Design had a Paper Piecing theme and I paper pieced the tree.
Allsorts also wanted Anything But A Card
Alphabet Challenge were at J for Jewels
Corrosive wanted to see Bling!
Hand Full Of Stamps wanted to see Red (a little or a lot)
Stamp Something had a theme of "Holiday Somethings"



I traced the tree and paper pieced the tree, star and trunk. I painted the base and added Puffy Paint and Glitter to make snow.
I stamped LaLa with Ornament twice and colored her with Copic's. I cut her out and popped one up on Pop Dots.
I added Christmas trim and rhinestones for the ornaments on the tree.
Finally I made a gift and added it under the tree.

Here's a close up of cute Lala!
You can see all the other wonderful team work on their blogs
Elena
Jane
Kathy
Kim
Kristine
Lisa
Maureen
If you have time in your busy Holiday schedule maybe you can enter the challenge to at LaLa Lands!
Have a wonderful Christmas!
Katie

10 comments:

Janice said...

Katie this is just beautiful! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a safe and joyous New Year!

Linda said...

What a lovely Christmas decoration, fab se off jewels too! Many thanks for joining us over on the Alphabet challenge this week :)

Jane B. said...

This is so cute! Love the bling! Thanks so much for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge this week!

Trimgym said...

Lovely creation, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

Have a good Christmas and a Fabulous 2010.

Jo

Claire Phillips said...

Great project - absolutely gorgeous! thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. in our free for all Challenge. Have a wonderful Christmas. Cheers Claire x

Tina said...

This is absolutely precious! Thanks for playing along with Paper Makeup Stamps this week!

Suzi Mac said...

This is just so cute, love the image. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week. Have a great Christmas.

Suzi x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Super fun project katie! Love the accents details. Thanks for playing along at Stamp Something. Have a Happy New Year! :)

DeeDee said...

So cute! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something!

Hugs,
Diana

Unknown said...

Wow, this is beautiful!!! You did a wonderful job!!! Thanks so much for playing along with HFOS.
Trish