Thursday, August 27, 2009

The curse of technology but I got there in the end!

First let me wish myself and my dh a Happy 15th Wedding Anniversary!
Through the good and the bad we are still together and still as silly with each other as ever :)
We are getting a rare dinner out alone tonight so Nate's Seafood here we come!

This morning was wonderful with a trip to Sam Moon's which if you are an accessories lover you will think you've died and gone to Handbag Heaven!
This afternoon I got a a couple of hours to update my blog, finish (well start) some DT projects whose deadlines are racing towards me. Well I put my Flash card in the PC and no way could I get it to read it. I tried a new card, retook the photos and still no joy. I went downstairs to use my dh's PC to read the photos, it worked and I emailed them back to myself to work on.
Then my editing program wouldn't work. Then I got one image to work on but the other was corrupt. So I had to take the photo again, run downstair to the other PC (climbing on a chair to reach the CPU as it's high on a shelf in the media closet), email it back to myself, run back upstairs and finally I got the image done.
Ugh...
Oh well here it is!LOL
I started with the colors at Kaboodle Doodles which were Black, White and Purple.
Truly Scrumptious wanted anything but a card
Then Bee Crafty wanted us to go a little OTT ( I think this is pretty OTT for a notebook)
Double Dutch wanted us to Go Back In Time and choose an old challenge so I chose their #3 challenge which was "Just a Note" where they wanted you to "pimp a notebook"
Whimsy Stamps wanted you to Add a Little Sparkle
and Pile it On told us "Good Things Comes in Threes"
Simon Says had a Back to School challenge and as the kids going back to school means more creating time for me I decided that this pimped notebook, that holds all my challenge notes, fitted the bill perfectly!
and last but by no means least Modern Sugar Blvd wanted to see Polka Dots.



This fabulous image is called Blogging Mama and is one of the latest Digital Stamps at Modern Sugar Blvd. I really think on a project like this digi's come into their own as I could never have found a rubber stamp this big but my digi's I can size them just how I like!
I colored her with Copic's and it's the first time I attempted black hair and I used just C5 and C7 and I don't think she looks too grey. The dp on the book is DCWV from last years Halloween stack. I printed out the sentiment and then matted it on Coredinations cardstock that I had embossed with Swiss Dots and sanded for the purple to come through.
I added bows and flowers and rhinestones and ribbons to try and get the "Over The Top" feel, did it work?



I just wanted a close up of her hair as it's the first black hair and I wanted to remember it! LOL
Anyway, I must log off as all my plans for this afternoon went up in smoke apart from getting this up but at least one thing was done!
Katie

18 comments:

Sharon said...

Happy Anniversary. I love your project - your colouring is fab and I love all the ribbons. Thanks for joining us at TS.

Unknown said...

Hi, Katie! Great take on our OTT challenge! Love all those yummy ribbons! Thanks for joining us at Bee Crafty!

Bee said...

Great creation! Definately OTT (in a good way!) with all those pretty ribbons. Thanks for joiing in with the Bee Crafty challenge :)
Bee Crafty Downloads

mudmaven said...

Love your card! Thanks for playing along in our Kaboodle Doodle challenge. ~chris

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Awesome card! Love all the ribbons, fun! Great image too. Thanks for joining us at Whimsy! :)

Lilacanglia said...

Fabulous book,
Thank You for joining us at Kaboodles,
Look forward to seeing more of your lovely work,
Hugs
Angie
DT Kaboodles

Lorraine A said...

Oh this is just gorgeous !! I love this notebook ,,,, think my daughter Amy would too ! Fabulous ! :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)

Lols and the DT x x

Irit Shalom said...

LOVE YOUR NOTEBOOK AND CONGRATS FOR NEW CUTE DAISY MAY DT!! THANKS FOR PLAYING WITH KABOODLLE THIS WEEK

Sue said...

what a fabby notebook,loving all the ribbons and such gorgeous colours,thanks for joining us at bee crafty:)

sue
xx

Jennifer Stricker said...

That is such an awesome card. WOW 2X this week! Thank you for playing with Pile It On!

Jennifer PIO DT

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Awesome notebook! I really like the image and the ribbons tied on the side!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

<3,
Steph

suzARTe said...

I just love this card. The main image is really cool and the colours look great together. thanks for playing along at Kaboodle doodles, looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Maureen said...

Fabulous notebook! Your coloring is just perfect!

~Maureen
Pile It On DT

Michele Roos said...

Such a fabulous project. Love the image you've used and the colouring also. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Hugs Michele x

coldwaters2 said...

What a gorgeous card I adore your design with those ribbons and the image you have coloured her perfectly, thank you for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Dawn said...

Wow this is gorgeous and the image could be me!!! LOL I'm always sitting in my chair with my laptop on my knee!!
Love the ribbons and colouring..

thanks for joining us on TS

Dawn

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, brilliant image and gorgeous colours.
luv
Debby

raindropecho said...

Great creation, Katie! Love all the embellishments and you did an amazing job with the coloring. Fantastic! Thanks for joining our challenges this week :D
- Ann