Friday, August 21, 2009

Let Your Dreams Take Flight, a new Lily Boo card

Another Friday rolls around!
I'm happy to report that my new printhead arrived safe and sound and my printing is perfection! So I can make lots of new cards....if I could just find the time!LOL
Also my fabulous Martha Stewart Loops punches arrived on Wednesday and I love them!!!
Thanks again to Terry at More Than Ink for his super service.
We had a car scare yesterday. We had packed a picnic and were all in the car waiting to go out. I got in and turned the key...click, click, click and no starting :(
Oh no, we only have one car and it is 8 years old (but it is paid for :))and with visitors here it is needed. Hubby thought it could be the battery (that was 3 years old this month)so when he got home from work we borrowed the neighbors car (thanks Jenny!)and headed to Walmart. The sticker on the battery was 8/06 and it had a 3 year replacement warranty on it and we wee delighted to find that Walmart stood behind it completely and we walked out with a free brand new battery! All the way home we prayed it was the problem and hoped it would work. 10 minutes later, the key turned and .....roar the engine came to life and we were back in the driving seat!!! So a day that started badly ended much better.
To top it off we had a movie from the Redbox and watched Hannah Montana the Movie outside on the protector!
Now I've updated on my week I'm sure you're waiting for the new card.
This one covers 7 challenges an features one of the wonderful new Boy Circle images from Lily Boo (I'll link below)
I started with the sketch from PaperPlay
then I added a color combo of Green Galore, Soft Suede and Whisper White from ScrapMasters
Cute Card Thursday had a theme of Lazy Dayz and 3 Clovers wanted us to use Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Finally I added embellishments to fit ABC Challenge who wanted buttons, Whimsy Stamps who wanted Ribbons and Crafty Creations who wanted us to use Tags.



I printed out the fabulous image from Lily Boo's Boutique on Georgia Pacific cardstock and colored him with Copic's. I cut him with a QK nesting flower (that I think looks more like a scallop circle) and then matted the whole thing on another circle. The dp is DCWV The Green Stack and the buttons are The Paper Studio from Hobby Lobby




The inside is more dp and a matching circle message mat.



I just wanted to give a close up of this cute little guy!
This is the last weekend before school starts on Monday so I'm hoping we can fill it with fun things!
Have a great weekend!
Katie

25 comments:

Susan said...

Thanks for joining us at SPCC. Your card has so many cute details, and your coloring is wonderful.

Emily said...

Wow! This card is so beautiful! Thanks for playing along. I will be back to peek around your blog :)

Emily-SP Diva

Anonymous said...

This is so cute!! Lovely image!! Thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge!
smiles,Deena

Dawn said...

Aww how adorable - great little image and coloured beautifully, great card for a boy..

thanks for joining us on ABC

Dawn

Daniella said...

Fabulous job, and great way to combine so many challenges again!
So glad you could join us again this week at SPCC!

Saskia said...

Great card!! Lovely colours and beautiful image!! The tag is so lovely!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations!!

Greetings,
Saskia :)

Sabriena Satchwell said...

That little boy is adorable!
:)

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Very cute! Perfect masculine card, great image. Thanks for playing at Whimsy :)

Elise said...

What a darling image, and so fabulously colored! Great use of the SPCC colors and your material choices! Wahoo!

Unknown said...

I so love this paper and the image is just perfect for it!! Thanks for joining in with us on Cute Card Thursday. Lol Lynn ♥

Helen said...

Fab card - love the image!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

Julie M said...

Fab boy card, Katie. I love the image (and I know more than one grown-up boy who would love it!!!), great colouring and colours too.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay again this week.

Julie

Mara Campbell said...

That image is fantastic!! I love how you colored him. And the polka dot buttons are a great detail!

Mandy said...

wow! love this card! what a wonderful image, love the colours!

thank you for joining us at Paperplay! hope to see you visit us again soon!

hugs mandyxx

Sandie said...

Wonderful card!! Love your take on the sketch and the image is just lovely. Great papers too.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week :)

Elisa said...

Great image and beautifully coloured!
Thanks for taking part @ PaperPlay.

Craftastic Life said...

Awesome Card! I love the Image!

heidi said...

You are the Challenge High Priestess! I don't think I've ever seen anyone combine SEVEN challenges at once. Wow, I thought I was doing good on the one I'm working on today that has 5. I bow to you!! (Great card, btw!!)

Heidi SP Diva

Michelle Quinno said...

That is so cute, Katie!! Love the image and your lo!

Unknown said...

Great card..
Cheers

sam said...

Again a fab card katie,loving the colour and your colouring is fantastic,looks amazing in the greens and spotty buttons,oh i love spotty buttons,hugs sam xx

Sue from Oregon said...

Cute card! So glad you could join us this week at 3CTC!

Claire Phillips said...

What a fab card - colour spot on! Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations. Cheers Claire x

Stephanie said...

Great job with the SPCC colors!

suzARTe said...

I love this card, such a cute central image, love it