Monday, January 18, 2010

Another "Just Because" - Thank You for Loving Me

Happy Monday!
I don't know how but this week I seem to have a little extra time and am pretty much caught up on DT commitments for the next couple of weeks so I can spend a little time creating just for the fun of it. Don't get me wrong, DT work is super fun as I get to play with new designs and great team members but sometimes it's nice to create just because I feel like it.
There are so many wonderful challenge blogs out there at the moment and I want to play in so many of the challenges that I have to keep creating to fit them all in! LOL
This card is no exception:

Totally Gorjuss wanted to see Monotone cards and I never made one before so it was a fun challenge for me
PollyCraft wanted Fire and Ice and although mine is more Fire than Ice it does have "bling" which is also (showing my age) called Ice!
Crazy 4 Challenges had a fab sketch
Magnolia-licious had a fabulous Frame Style card for it's challenge. I love to try new things and this was a first for me.
Etsy Inspired had a wonderful soap store for inspiration and I chose Sweethearts for both a color and theme inspiration
One Stop Craft wanted Fancy Edges or Corners and with so many wonderful border punches around I just had to do that one
Just Magnolia had a Thank You theme and I twisted that a little for this Valentines card
Magnolia Down Under wanted Valentines too
Your Next Stamp wanted to see Embossing and so did Practical Scrappers

When I saw the Christmas collection a couple of months ago I first wanted them all, just like any self respecting Maggie lover would ;)
But I couldn't have them all so I picked out not just my favorites but ones I thought could do "double duty" and not be just for Christmas.
Christmas Eve Tilda was one I knew could definitely be for birthdays as well and today she is the star of this Valentines Day card.
When I decided to try the frame style card I looked at the great tutorial from the super talented Claudia at Pretty Pressings. It was a great lesson but of course I had chosen a rectangle sketch, not in the middle and so I had to adapt it as I went along. Then I didn't want the corner "holes" on the inside of the frame to show so I had to make an inside "edge". Then I decided I wanted an embossed frame around the frame , never one to make life easier on myself! LOL
But after measuring and tweaking, scoring and cutting, I think I got what I wanted.
Of course I chose the easist, not, of color schemes too, what was I thinking!
After coloring Tilda I realized the white background was too "white" for the Monotone look so I cut her out and popped her on to a mat with Martha Stewart fancy punched heart corners.
The dp is K&Co, the embossing folder is the Morroccan Screen and the punch is EK Success. The flowers are Prima and I printed the sentiment and punched it and inked it.
I used a lot of my Warm Red Chalk Ink on all the edges to keep the cosy feeling I hope the card conveys.

Here you can see the frame effect from the side.

I covered the back of the frame with matching dp and added a message mat with punched border to the other side.

I wanted to show you a close up of Tilda with all the shading of the red tones but I couldn't get the brightness right so this is a little dark but if you click on it to make it large it should work.
Anyway, I hope you got through the marathon post and enjoyed the "Tale of a Tilda Card Creation"! LOL
Katie

45 comments:

Mandy said...

this is beautiful...xxx

Juls said...

gorgeous!!! Love it! especially the red bling!! Love it hugs Juls

Jacque said...

Katie, you have done an absolutely superb job on this one...Gosh coloring with red is so difficult for me and you have used red beautifully!!! Magnificent job!!! Thanks for joining us in the Challenge...Hugs..Jacque

Sandi said...

so elegant and charming, great card. Sandi

Angelwood said...

Beautiful papers you've used here. Tilda is just gorgeous. Wonderful card! hugs, Angela

Barb Hardeman said...

Gorgeous Frame Card, Katie. I love that you made it a little off to one side and not a square! Beautiful work...hugs...Barb

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card, Katie! Love your take on the frame card and Tilda is gorgeous! Fabulous work!! hugs!

Shawn said...

Stunning in red!!!!!!!!!!!
I think the offset frame layout is fantastic. Love the mat behind her with the punched corners. I haven't been brave enough to try the frame card. I am stuck on making Easel cards...lolhugs, Diana

Christine Riley said...

What a gorgeous card, I love the frame around Tilda. Too cute! :)
Hugs, Christine

Christina C. said...

Stunning card!!!!

craftymum said...

A really lovely card, both inside and out!! thanks for joining us at TG
Love Sarah W XXX

Unknown said...

lOve it, stunning card, love the deep reds

LINDA W. said...

Beautiful card it is always nice to see Tildas that you can use in different ways than what they were made for.
Linda W.

Paula said...

Gorgeous card, Love all the details and the frame looks fab!!
Thanks for joining us at pollycraft!
Paula xx

Sherri said...

Beautiful card....I love the window and the dimension

Patti Jo said...

Striking in the reds!!! Beautiful work!!!

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh this is fabulous. Love the colours. Don't you just love that you can use the So Jolly range for other occasions. Thanks for joining us at MDUC.
mwah
Trace

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is magnificent Katie.Such a rich and sumptuous colour. Love the image and that gorgeous border. Thanks for joining us at the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Sharon xx

magicwanda said...

Very pretty card
Love the red.
Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers
Wanda

gina g said...

Beautiful card love the sweet image and borders. Thanks for joining the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

Norma said...

Katie, beautiful card. Love all the reds--not an easy colour to do but you've done a beautiful job. Love you DP. An unusual card and you've done a great job with it.
Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under.

Hugs.
Norma

Fran said...

Wow, you have put so much time and effort into making such a detailed card, and the end result looks amazing! love that you have adapted a xmas tilda too (i got unwrapped Tilda for the same reasons, she can work with any theme) Thanks for playing along with us at Magnolia Down Under Challenges!

RobinJ said...

Gorgeous card, Katie! Totally loving that frame! Thanks for playing along at Practical Scrappers!

Sue said...

oh wow this is amazing,i love your card...stunning....thanks for joining us at pollycraft:)

sue
xx

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Fabulous card, love the frame effect. Thanks so much for joining Magnolia Down Under Challenges.
Kristy x

Monique said...

What a beautiful and a inspirational blog..!!

Suzi Mac said...

Very rich and striking card, love the deep colours. Thank you for joining us at OSCC this week, good luck in the draw.

Luv Suzi x

Sue said...

WOW, I love all the red. This is a cute image and love how you colored it in. Papers and reds are wonderful. Thanks for joining in the run at the MDUC this week. Hope you can join us again for another challenge soon.

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Gorgeous card. Love the frame!

Nancy said...

Katie your card is gorgeous! Love this Tilda and your color is perfect! Awesome frame card!
Hugs,
Nancy

Christine Meyer said...

Love the red frame! Thanks for playing along at Practical Scrappers!

Candy said...

Hi Katie! Wow your card is really different with the deep reds! Love your frame off set and a different shape. You have done a great job colouring with the reds. Love your DP, too....
Hugs, Candy

Sue from Oregon said...

Great card Katie...Lovely reds...Red is a hard color to perfect and you did such a nice job here!

Emma said...

Stunning card...love the frame and details.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Debbie Pamment said...

Gorgeous frame card - wonderful DPs and lots of lovely red!
Thanx for joining us at MDUC
xXx

Heidi M said...

Hi Katie! Lovely card! I love the colors and Tilda stamp and the embossing. Thanks for joining our challenge at Practical Scrappers!

Donalda said...

This is just gorgeous dear, thanks for joining us at JM

Lynsey said...

Hi Katie what a wonderful card! Your frame is beautiful. Thanks for joining in the Pollycraft Challenge.
Hugs Lynsey x

stephanne said...

Stunning, vivid reds and gorgeous DP, beautiful work, I am glad to see you getting some extra mileage out of that Christmas stamp!! There wasn't enough time to play with them, was there.... Thanks for sharing with us at MDUC!!
Stephanne

Jodie from Oz said...

Wow, beautiful card, love the colours and a wonderful frame card. Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under Challenges.
Hugs Jodie from Oz

de said...

WOW! Love the vibrant colors you used, the image is adorable and the finished inside makes it so elegant!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Fab card Katie, love all the red! Beautiful details too. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Magnolia this week! :)

Kat said...

This is a gorgeous card Katie. Your colouring is beautiful and the DP is perfect for this lovely image. Thanks for joining us at TG and good luck.

Kat x

Unknown said...

Really nice frame card! All the reds work really well with one another.

Suzanne J Dean said...

Bold & Beautiful--love the reds & sweet Tilda! Thanks for joining in on the challenge with us!

hugz,
Suzanne