Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Pixie Cottage Challenge #7 - A New Sketch for you to try

It's another Wish Upon a Wednesday at The Pixie Cottage and this time it's a fabulous sketch from super talented Design Team member Renata

It was a little different from the regular sketch but I knew what I wanted to do with it as soon as I saw it.
It reminded me of a frame on one of those oil painting you see in a big mansion and I tried to create a similar look on my card.
Obviously I couldn't make a card without adding a few other challenges to it ;)
Crazy 4 Challenges wanted a Birthday card
The Pink Elephant also wanted a Birthday card
Just Us Girls wanted Stitching
Cupcake Crafts had a "Going Girly" theme
Die Cut Dreams had an inspiration challenge of "Coffee and Cream" and I decided to use it for my color scheme
Corrosive wanted to see Distressing
and so did Creative Card Crew
Crafty Angels asked "Can You Feel It?" and wanted to see texture on your card so I used textured cardstock, popped up the image and added 3D ribbon roses.



I've had this wonderful Hannah stamp for a while know but this is my first time coloring it and I love how it turned out. I colored her with Copic's and even colored the sky as background even though it's really light on the screen.
The dp is K@Co and the sentiment is a sticker but I can't remember from who.
I inked all edges with Chalk Ink and pen stitched with a fine Prismacolor marker.

I used more of the wonderful dp inside and a message mat.

I just wanted a close up of the beautiful Hannah.
Don't let the sketch put you off, try it and you'll like it, just like they say on Yo Gabba Gabba!! (Mom's of preschoolers will know what I mean :))
I'd love to see what you can do with the sketch.
Katie

17 comments:

WiKKori said...

Like it a lot! Matches with my nostalig mood :)
THX for sharing your art :)

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Beautiful card Katie, The image is adorable and coloured beautifully and the colours so warm and rich. Thankyou for playing along at DCD this week.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

Tammy said...

This is just gorgeous Katie!! It really does look like a picture in a frame! You did an amazing job with Renata's sketch hon!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot...now I'm gonna sing that song all day. I HATE that show, but my kids like it. LOL

Ilove your card, what a neat "technique" to make it look framed. Thanks for playing along at The Corrosive Challenge this week.

Anne said...

Your card is beautiful with lovely details! I love the colors and you coloring too!

Hugs, Anne

Mona Pendleton said...

Holy Smokes Katie! This indeed does look like a Masterpiece! Your coloring is impeccable & your stitched frame looks beautiful! Thank you for playing along with Just Us Girls technique challenge!

Mandy said...

this is just stunning, and the sentiment is perfect...love it to bits...xxx

Rosanne said...

This is beautiful!

Risa said...

Hi Kate,
Girl....your card is a work of art!!!! Your vision to make a frame was genius! Awesome job with the challenge!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Sue from Oregon said...

this is truly a beautiful creation!

Karen said...

Really lovely card, great colouring. Thanks for joining us at DCD.
xx

Annie said...

Seen this sketch being used a few times today and it just looks so 3D - your card is beautiful. Love it - thank you so much for joining us at The Pink Elephant.
Ann xxx

The Crafty Den said...

What a gorgeous card. Such a pretty image and the papers are perfect. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Sandra H. said...

Very, very pretty Katie!!

Mummylade said...

Simply stunning. Thank you for joining the DCD challenge this week and good luck.

Susie Sugar said...

This is stunning Katie as always darling
Thanks for joining in this weeks DCD challenge
Love Susie xx
PS We have a new challenge blog you might like to join in its called the Susie & Vikki's Christmas club and it started Today
Its to help us all get ahead with this years Christmas cards You can find a link to the new blog in my side bar
Hugs Susie xx

Anonymous said...

You did such an amazing job on this card! It turned out just beautifully! It does look as if it should be framed. VERY PRETTY!
Hugs,
Pam