Sunday, January 17, 2010

Home Sweet Home - An Easel Card with a few challenges too!

Happy Sunday!
I don't know what's got into me, two days in a row of "just because I wanted to make them" cards, no DT requirements again LOL
The image is from one of the teams I'm on but I made the card because I wanted to, not because I was asked to. It feels good to play without boundaries once in a while.

Of course there had to be challenges that worked with this and here they are:

365 Cards Day 318 had a Home Sweet Home theme
Creative Inspirations had the theme of "New Year, New Products"
Charisma had an "Anything New" theme too
Crafty Creations wanted 3 different textures
Stamp With Sarah Kay wanted an Easel card and you know I love that style!
Sweet Sketch Wednesday had a super sketch that worked perfectly with the Easel card
Our Creative Corner had the color combo of Blue and Green, any shades.
There She Goes wanted 3 different types of embellishment
Hand Full Of Stamps wanted Polka Dots and the scalloped mat has a polka dot pattern

I just had to use a house from the fabulous New House Collection at Lily Boos. It was hard to chose which of the super cute houses to color but I thought I'd start with the flowerpot house and I'm sure I'll be doing some more really soon.
The papers are from the Modern Basics page kit by Colorbok from Joanns. These were just clearanced out and I managed to grab a couple as I love the colors.
For the different textures I embossed the ribbon panel with the Victoria Cuttlebug folder, handmade a folded petal style flower and added chunky rick rack for another different feel.
The border punch is EK Success, the paper roses are Prima and the pearls are Queen & Co.

I added another rick rack and punched combo border to the inside of the card to help it stand. I also added a small message mat for you to send your greeting on.

I just love the Easel style of card and just think how the thrilled the recipient of this New Home card would be, they get a card and a decoration all in one!
Katie

22 comments:

Maria said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous. Beautiful details and DP. Sweet image. Hugs, Maria

Rosanne said...

a lovely card!

BA said...

this is absolutely gorgeous, love the sweet image and your easel card is fantastic
thanks for joiing us at stamapvie & more
xoxo BA

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous! Luv it! Thanx for taking part at 365 Cards.

Anne said...

What a great card Katie! A lot of gorgeous details and beautiful coloring!

Hugs, Anne

Rose said...

Beautiful work! I really like the image you used, very sweet! Thanks for joining us at SSW this week!

mulberry station said...

I love your sweet image and great take on the sketch. The added bring to your card is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at SSW.

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh I just love your adorable card. That image is just too sweet. You really did a nice job with all the embellishments. Thanks for playing along @ SSW!!!

Juls said...

gorgeous gorgeous image!! Love your easel card!! fab colour combo and I love all the pearl detail!! stunning creation! Hugs juls

sweetbloominscraps said...

Wow, what a fantastic easel card. I love that cute image and all the details you added...pearls, border punches, trim, flowers. Thanks for playing at SSW!

KymKreates said...

Oh my gosh the image is colored perfectly and the easel card is beautiful. A wonderful card all around!

Thanks for joining us at SSW.
KymKreates

Barb Smith said...

The colors you used are very nice. Good job.

Barb (from Toronto, Canada)

Rose said...

your card is wonderful,and that image is stunning!!
thanks for joining us on crafty creations this week :)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, Katie, that image is just the sweetest and your coloring really brought it to life! What a great card you have created. Glad you could create just for the fun of it! So happy to see you joining in the fun at the OCC and CCC this week.

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations - lovely card - great textures and brill colour! Cheers Claire x

Lisa T said...

Awesome card! Those easel cards look soooo intimidating. Thanks so much for playing along with the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge!

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous Easel card!! Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!

Sheri

Jeannie said...

Gorgeous colors and a really great card! Thanks for joining us at SSW!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Valérie Goldenschue said...

Oh your card is fantastic.

I love your picture.

thanks for joining us at SAM

Jennifer Meyer said...

Adorable card Katie, what a fun image and your coloring is amazing!!

Thanks for playing along with us over at the OCC! Hugs, Jennifer :)

PS Please stop by the OCC tomorrow, we are featuring your card. :)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

I know I already left one comment, but I wanted to congratulate you on being this week's featured stamper over at Our Creative Corner. This card is fabulous and I'm happy to see you be recognized for it. Way to go!!

Unknown said...

What a cute card, love the colors!!! Also love how you combined the designer paper!!! Thanks so much for playing along with HFOS.
Trish