Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Lily Boo Too - Paper Piecing!

Happy December!!!
Here comes the busiest month with Holidays and Parties and Fun!!!
To start the month off right in my crafting world I got to do my favorite technique, Paper Piecing for the latest challenge at Lily Boo Too!
I wanted to do a Christmas card but with a twist this time and I hope you like it! LOL

I used a few more challenges to help me on the way.

Paper Play is where I chose the sketch.
Cricut Cardz wanted a Christmas card with a color combo of Pink, Green and White (and anything Cricut)
Just Buggin wanted to see you "Sew It!" (and Cricut too)
The Secret Crafter had the theme of "Christmas Trees"

Now the twist is not just the color scheme but I chose a completely non-traditional Christmas image and I really how it all came together!
This little cutie is from the Little Pig, Little Pig collection and I hope it shows you how easy it can be to "think of the box" with images.
I printed the image on white, pink and green and paper pieced from them. I added a few touches of Copic's to the piggie face and a little shadow to the bucket. All the bubbles are covered with Diamond stickles and I think the sparkle adds a touch more Christmas to the card.
The fabulous dp are from the Eskimo Kisses collection from Basic Grey, I've almost finishedtwo packs of this paper this year!
The tree is cut on the Cricut with the Tree 4 image from Joys of the Season.
I added some premade bows from Offray and some $1 spot rhinestones.
The paper roses are Prima.
Finally I faux stitched with my Gold Prismacolor pen.

Inside is more dp and a faux stitched message mat.

Here you can see the paper piecing on Mr Piggie!

So grab your tiny scissors, finger knife, exacto or whatever you choose for cutting and join in the Paper Piecing challenge at Lily Boo Too!
Katie

23 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi Katie

Absolutely love it, great colours and a fab image - certainly different.

Hugs Ali x

Michelle Quinno said...

Haha, this is soooo adorable!! Love all the details!

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi there, this is fabulous, thanks for joining us over at Just Buggin. Come and play again soon

Best wishes

Karen
JB DT

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

This card is adorable!!!!! My daughter loves pigs so I may have to scraplift this one. I have those pig stamps. The colors and everything are perfect. I love it! thanks for joining us at just buggin!

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Sooooo darn cute!!

Cathy said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous papers and image.
Thank you for joining in the SCSC this week.
Cathy xx

Jeri said...

Wow, this card is incredible, Katie. I love pigs and it sure is a nice non-traditional touch to this card. Thanks for joining us at CCC #3. Jeri

Lori said...

This is SOOO CUTE! I love the non-traditional colors and image. Very fun! Thanks for joining us at the Color Dare. Hope to see you again at the next challenge!
Lori

Irina Blount said...

Oh Katie!! This is just too ADORABLE!! Love this little piggy!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Nancy Sanders said...

OMG, how clever and cute and such work. Fantastic card. Great pp too. Thanks for joining the fun at CCC.

sophiesmama said...

Oh how cute Katie! I love your little pig!
Thanks for joining us at CCC.
Happy Holidays,
Mary

Lynne said...

This has to be one of the cutest Christmas cards I have ever seen!! I love everything about it!!
Lynne JB DT

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Cute Christmas card...thanks for joining us this week at CCC!!!

Terry

Stephanie said...

This card ia just way too cute! Love that little piggy! Great job with the stitching and all the details! Thanks for joining us at JB!
Stephanie H *JB DT*

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, what a fun card! I love all the detail you put into this, and that tree is incredible! Thanks for playing with us at Just Buggin!

Kandi *JB DT*

Liz said...

Wonderful take of Sandies sketch Love what u have done
Thanks fo joining paperplay

Liz x

The Adventure of Linds and Lyds! said...

So cute !I love the pig, he is darling!

Mandy said...

Katie this is soooo gorgeous, love the image and the papers you've used.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
hugs Mandy xx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

fab, images , colours and layout. great card. janex

Lori (THCEO) said...

WOW! I absolutely love this, especially that color-scheme. GREAT job!!! :)

Sue from Oregon said...

Great card Katie...love that tree and the piggy too! So very creative!

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card, beautiful work.
luv
Debby

Helen said...

Fab card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x