Thursday, December 10, 2009

Egg-Cellent Card for Delightful Sketches

Happy Thursday,
I'm super excited about todays card.
It features one of the New Releases at Digital Delights and they are all from Fairy Tales!! So, so cute and perfect for all those childrens birthday cards that you have to make.
It's a great sketch this week and I'd love to see you joining in with it at Delightful Sketches




And I got to work with the fabulous new image of Humpty Dumpty!!

I also addd a few more challenges.

Sassy Susie wanted Buttons and Bows
Colour Q had the combo of Ruby Red, Bashful Blue, Sage Shadow, Glorious Green and a Neutral
Jacksonbelle wanted a Christmas Card
Flourishes wanted a Gatefold card and I thought the sketch lent itself very well to this style
One Stop Craft wanted to see a "Fancy Fold"



I printed out Humpty and his wall and colored them with Copic's. Then I cut them out and layered them on a Nestie.
The dp is Colorbok.
I printed out the sentiment and cut it with the pinking circle Nestie.

Here you can see how the card opens.

Here is a close up of Humpty on his Wall.
I added a lot of glue to make sure he doesn't fall off! LOL
Katie

15 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi there

Perfect gatefold card. What a cute fun image too.

Hugs Ali x

csroyal said...

Fabulous card, Katie! I need to try some gatefolds... looks great!

Rachel said...

This is an Awesome card Katie!! love the colors you used.
hugs,
Rachel

Anonymous said...

How Cute! I haven't seen old Humpty Dumpty in ages! You did a wonderful job putting it all together.
Hugs,
Pam

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Brilliant! The kiddies will love this card Katie. I love the bright colours and bold patterns - but humpty has stolen my heart! Thank you for joining us at the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Sharon xx

Beverly G said...

What a fun card, you really rocked those colors.

Lisa Foster said...

This is such a fabulous card! LOVE the colors you used and that paper is gorgeous!
Hugs,
Lisa

Silke Ledlow said...

Katie - your humpty gate fold is tooo cute!!! You are right, the Sketch works perfectly with it!!!

Thank so much for playing the FTTC with us!!! Hugs ~S~

The Crafty Den said...

What a cute card. I love the image and the papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at susie's sassy challenge. Hugs, Denise x

Betty Wright said...

Katie, this is fantastic! Wonderful image and design! Very clever with the sketch, too! It works beautifully with the gatefold! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

Tracy said...

Cute card, great colours. Thanks for joining Susie's Sasy challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Wendy Hall said...

Just gorgeous Katie!! I luv the colors you used!!

Susie Sugar said...

Wow Katie this is stunning love the Humpty image and those little heart buttons are adorable
Fab card
Thanks for playing along at Susie's Sassy challenge this time we hope you will join use this Thursday for the next challenge Katie.
Hugs Susie xx

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Fantastic card Katie, so much fun, lovely vibrant colours its super. Thankyou for playing along at Susie's Sassy Challenge this week.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

Arielle H Gordon said...

Wow so many challenges in one card!!! It's too cute! Thanks so much for playing along at the colourQ this week! I've never made one of these gate fold cards, but yours has inspired me to in the near future! ~Arielle