Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pass Me The Coffee - New Retro card for My Grafico

Happy Wednesday!
It's time for another sketch chalenge at My Grafico and this time the team got to use the fabulous Vintage Appliances set! I'll admit this was a little out of my comfort zone of "cute, cuter and even more cute" but once I had the right idea it was fun!
Of course I found a few challenges to go with the sketch which helped me along the way.

Colour Create had the combo of Red, Yellow, Black and White which I thought worked well for the vintage feel of the card and Paper Maniac wanted Black, White and a "Pop" of color so I thought they'd go together.
Etsy Inspired had a jewelry store for inspiration and I loved these Sparrows Nest Earrings and thought they had the perfect vintage touch.
Kraftin Kimmie wanted to see Buttons
Paper Play wanted you to use your Favorite Embellishment and I'll admit to having a soft spot for rhinestones at the moment, most of my cards have them, and there's pretty much always a punched border too!
The Secret Crafter wanted you to Dig Deep and bring out an old image but this one is "old style" but new to me but the papers certainly are old so I hope that counts.



I colored the Coffee pot with Copic's in a graphic/retro style that I hope I got right.
The dp are from my stash and I had to add a border from the fabulous Valentines Lace border punch from Martha Stewart. This was originally a Valentines only release and Michaels sold out of them immediately but Martha has just brought lots of new punches and thankful brought this one into the regular line! Yippee!!
I'm on a border punch kick right now so I can assure you that you'll be seeing lots in the next few weeks of cards :)
I printed the sentiment and double matted to match the color scheme. I hope I brought a little retro feel to this card, it's not a genre I'm familiar working with.



The inside is more dp and another border across the message mat.



I think we all know a friend who can be a bear without her coffee and I hope this brought a smile along the way.
Katie

16 comments:

Anne said...

Hee hee love that sentiment! Great card and that punch works great with the vintage look

Tara said...

Love this card Katie - fab retro feel and I sooooo love sentiment!!!
Hugs Tara xx

Craft u Crazy said...

Sentiment is great... card is fabulous....

Hugs
Adele

Juls said...

brilliant card!! really made me laugh!! just love it!

Mary said...

Great vintagey retro look to this card - love it!

Mina said...

fabulous card Katie, I love the pot and its so beautifully coloured...thanks for joining in with the colour create challenge
Mina xxx

Helen said...

Fab card - love the sentiment!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC Challenge!
Helen x

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

I just love that sentiment! Thanks for being part of our button challenge this week!

Sue from Oregon said...

oh so colorful...love all these colors together!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, wonderful details.
luv
Debby

Sandra said...

Great card. You have used some really bright and funky colours!
Hugs
Sandra x

de said...

This is so great! For being out of your comfort zone, you did an amazing job!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Arielle H Gordon said...

This is SO CUTE!!! Love all the buttons & bling!

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

wow Katie really stunning layout, the colours popout at you and that boarder punch is fab, i want one, i have the lace ms punch, i won it.They look so good in black. Just to add your children are just adorable you must be so proud. janex

Justine said...

Adorable, love the vintage feel and the fun colors

Julie M said...

Fab card, Katie - you've absolutely succeeded in getting the retro look - the colours and the patterns are pure 50s diner. I love that MS border punch too, it's next on the list for my collection.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie