Saturday, October 3, 2009

Happy World Card Making Day! New card with an Unreleased stamp!

Happy Saturday and Happy World Cardmaking Day!
I hope you get a little time to craft today, I know I will as hubby is away for the weekend! Hee Hee!
Today I have a new card for you to see and it's the world premiere of a Brand New Stamp that all you Magnolia fans are just going to have!
As I mentioned earlier in the week I am now on the new Design Team for The Pixie Cottage and I get a chance to play with the unreleased stamps before they go on general sale.
Well when I saw this wonderful door I just had to have it and I know you'll want to have it to for your upcoming Christmas cards.
You can see all the upcoming stamps at Michelle's Scrapbooking and More and I know you'll see some that will have to make their way to you!
This fantastic door is designed by Sandra Hammer and the details on it are just superb. I know that you'll agree it is perfect for your Christmas Edwin's and Tilda's and many others too! And it's due into the store around the end of the month so you'll have it in time for your Christmas projects. You can preorder it directly just here and your Tilda's and Edwin's will be sure to thank you!
Of course it wouldn't be me if there weren't some challenges involved so here goes.
Stamp With Fun started on off with a fabulous sketch
Simon Says Stamp had a color combo of Red and Green so it was obvious that I could use it for a Christmas card
A Spoon Full Of Sugar had the theme of Christmas
Christmas Stampin wanted to see 2 stamps used to make a scene
Storage Units Ink and More also wanted you to Create A Scene
ABC Challenge were at E for Embossing and I used a new Sizzix embossing folder with super snowflakes on it
Creative Card Crew had "All That Sparkles" as their theme and I made the snow extra sparkly!
My Time To Craft wanted Snow Buddies and I think Edwin looks a like the kind of buddy I'd like to have!



I used Edwin with Lantern and I love the fact that the door stamp has been made to match the Magnolia's in size.
The dp is Basic Grey from the both the Dasher and Fruitcake collections. I love the way that Basic Grey brings out a new Christmas line each year and that they coordinate with previous years!
I colored Edwin and the door with a selection of Copic's, Promarkers and Prismacolors. I colored him twice and popped up the second image for more dimension.
The snow is a combination of Diamond Stickles as a base and The Art Institute Ultra Fine glitter sprinkled on top.
The snowflakes and Believe are buttons from Jesse James.
I used an Emaginations patterned corner punch on all the corners.



I added an extra Edwin inside to the message mat.



Here's a close up of Edwin waiting by the fabulous door!
Anyway I'll be over at Paper Craft Planet for the Group Blog Hop later as I'll be playing along with the My Grafico gang! I'll be there from 7 - 8 EST so be sure to pop over and join in the fun!
Happy Creating!
Katie

25 comments:

Sandra H. said...

OMGosh Katie!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!! Love the little guy standing there by the door, is an excellent touch. Drawing the door is one thing, but seeing it all shaded in is another. Excellent job Katie!!! LOVE all of the colors!

Sandi said...

Love it also, Edwin and the Latern sure to be a crowd pleasure. Your colors are awesome and oh that little shed house door. Hugs

Jacque said...

Katie...what a great setting for Edwin...Gosh, you are right...that door is perfect!!!! And I just love those traditional Christmas colors...Wonderful card...Hugs..Jacque

Ellen (aka ScrapStampnMama) said...

This is so beautiful...and you used Edwin! Great coloring especially with the wood, I definitely have trouble with that...Great job!

Tara said...

Katie this is wonderful and OMG doesn't the door image work beautifully with the Magnolia stamps! Your colouring and choice of papers are just delish! I'm still waiting for my rubba to arrive from the US so I can't play just yet ;o(
Hugs Tara xx

Suzanne J Dean said...

Fabulous Katie--what a great stamp & so perfect with lil holiday Edwin. Love all the embellies--just fab!

hugz,
Suzanne

Risa said...

What a beautiful card Katie! Your image and Edwin are awesome and colored in beautifully! Amazing details and color combos!
hugs
Risa:)

Sharon Caudle said...

What a beautiful Christmas card, Katie! Your coloring is fantastic and the scene so fabulous! Love the way Edwin is standing in front of that wonderful door! Awesome work! hugs!

Tammy said...

Great card Katie!! How very creative of you to use the door with your magnolia stamp. AWESOME card girl!!

Lisa Foster said...

Lovely, Katie!

Unknown said...

Katie you did a fabulous job showcasing that door while still having it blend well with all those challenges. That takes more than just a little talent.

Beautiful Greetings said...

Katie this is just an adorable card! I love your coloring and layout. Fantastic!

Angelwood said...

This card is so adorable!!! I really love the door. Great coloring job! hugz, Angela

Susie Sugar said...

Wow !! this is awesome what a fantastic piece of art...love it.. lots of gorgeous details
Hugs Susie xx

Barb Hardeman said...

Katie! What a fabulous card!!! That door is just adorable, wonderful with the sparkling snow - you know we'll never see that here in Texas - and the Edwin is beautifully colored inside and out! Super combo of stamping images...hugs...Barb

Teresa Jenkins said...

I absolutely adore your cards! You put so much into them and your coloring is wonderful!

Unknown said...

Wow you put so much work into your card! Love all the little details and the Edwins.

Anonymous said...

Alot of work in this card, thanks for joining us on the ABC challenge, Samantha :0)

Nancy said...

What a great card! This door is perfect for Edwin. What a great winter scene!
Hugs,
Nancy

made by fifi said...

great card - thanks for joining in with the MTTC challenge xx

Anonymous said...

Kate, I had a few minutes after I woke up at midnight. Thought I would start to look at the blogs of the "Pixie Cottage" girls. I am floored by the talent involved. Stamping, cards, scrapbooking, every craft and art there is! I am still shaking my head as to why I am in this group. Your card is beautiful Kate. Once I started to see the images made alive by the artists I am so excited to get started. ALL of the stamps are wonderful. Such a variety of talent and styles. Each one amazing. Thank you for sharing your talent with me.
Hugs,
Pam
http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/
PROUD DESIGNER OF THE PIXIE COTTAGE

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful colours and wonderful sweet image.
luv
Debby

Lesley said...

Beautiful card and so much detail, thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card ! i love the Edwin and the door is lovely !! :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x

Victoria said...

What a beautiful card you have made I love the embossing.

Thank you for joining us on ABC this fortnight

hugs Vicky

ps I have candy on my blog if you are interested x