Thursday, October 15, 2009

Time for more Cooking It Up With Katie!

Happy Thursday!
It's time for a new challenge over at my challenge blog Cooking It Up With Katie

The recipe for this challenge is:
1. An image of something that's been cooked or can be cooked;
2. Use some buttons;
3. Add a little something inside. This could be a decorated message mat, a pocket for a gift card or anything else you come up with.

Of course even though it's my own challenge I still couldn't just "make a card" I had to find more challenges to go with it! LOL


Lord Have Mercy gave me the sketch
Crazy Amigo wanted Buttons and Knots
Cupcake Crafts wanted Buttons and Stitching
TCP Tuesday wanted to see Buttons too
Whimsy Stamps wanted you to Get Punchy
365 Cards Day 227 wanted to see things "In Motion" and I hope the steam from the pie counts here.
and both Crazy 4 Challenges and Play Along Monday wanted to see Thankful/Thank You on your project.

The papers are from the Crafty Stack by DCWV. I love the cardstock weight of these papers and the textured feel. The pie image is clip art from The Mama Bear Kitchen set from Digi Scrap Kits. I printed them out 3 times and cut and layered them and added some extra ink around the edges.
The border punch is Apron Lace and the "steam" from the pie is a punched out piece from a border punch I've had for years. The wooden buttons are tied with grey twine and the sentiment is from 7 Gypsies.


The inside is more dp and another image from the same clip art set. This time I printed the Mama Bear directly onto the mat and then added another cut out version popped up for dimension.

Doesn't the pie look yummy?

This challenge would be perfect for those of you who love Magnolia stamps and who've got the new Yummy In Your Tummy collection!
So I'd love to see your creations over at Cooking It Up With Katie
Katie

16 comments:

Juls said...

fab! I just love the layout! the gorgeous colours and all the dimention you have created! Just gorgeous!

Craft u Crazy said...

stunning card... love all the colours you have used.

Hugs
Adele

Caryn said...

Fabulous - love that yummy little pie. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake crafts this week.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Katie, what a cute card. Love the pie - it looks so lush and the papers are gorgeous. Great details and love the layout. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Sandra H. said...

HUMMMM, the pie looks very yummy for the tummy! ;) Very nice Katie!!

Unknown said...

Hey Katie,

This looks delicious! I have a award for you on my blog. Come and get it?!

Hugs,
Renata

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Fab card katie! Love the country feel and cute images. Thanks for playing along at Whimsy. :)

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Love this, Katie! Great layering on the pie! Love the charm of this card! Thanks for joining us at Whimsy!

Janna :)

StampOwl said...

fabulous card

Lisa Foster said...

WOW Katie!!! This is awesome! Love the inside as much as the outside! I didn't know you had a challenge blog! I am off to check it out!
Hugs,
Lisa

Karen Wilson said...

You have certainly outdone yourself on this one! I love the inside and the outside! Beautiful card and my, that pie looks yummy! I'm off to chk out your challenge blog. Thanks for "Playing Along" this week!!

Anne said...

A great card with cute details!! And the bear inside... soooo sweet!

Hugs Anne

Pop's Cards said...

This is just gorgeous i do love the colours you have used, great job on our theme, thanks for joining us at cupcake, hugs pops x

Kruemel said...

This is amazing! Love the colors, the layering on the pie and I totally love the image you´ve put on the inside!

Thanks for playing with Cupcake Craft this week.

Kathrin aka Kruemel

Unknown said...

katie...these are so cute! love the colors and the dimension!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done an amazing job!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Pam said...

Mmmm - that pie looks yummy!!