Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween - A New Cute Daisy May Card

Happy Monday,
It's another new week and it's Halloween time at Cute Daisy May!
I decided to use a non Halloween image from Sheet 27 and this is a great advantage of digital stamps.
The original image said "Tooth Fairy" on the bag but with a little work in my editing program I removed the words and replaced them with "Trick or Treat".
As usual I used other challenges to help me create this card and with it being the last week in October there were a lot with very similar themes. I managed to find 22!

Tuesday Taggers had "Things that go Bump in the Night!"
Crafty Creations had "All Hallows Eve" as their theme
Stampin For The Weekend wanted a "Haunting Good Time"
Everybody Art
Incy Wincy
Kaboodle Doodles
Creative Inspirations
Stamp with Sarah Kay
Penny's Challenge
Rainbow Lady
Sunflowers and Dragonflies
all had Halloween as their theme
Stamp Something had a Halloween theme too and Linnie from Cute Daisy May is sponsoring there this week so enter both challenges and you have even more of a chance of winning!
Digital Tuesday wanted "Things With Wings"
Cute Card Thursday wanted Candy Corns or any candy/sweet treat theme.
Cuttlebug Challenge had a Halloween theme too and you have to ue their product so I got out my trusty embossing folders!
Handfull of Stamps wanted Layers, with 3 of the same thing layered.
A Spoon Full of Sugar gave me the sketch
Crazy 4 Challenges was getting Geometrical wanting 3 or more of the same shape
Flutterby Wednesday still has an open month as long as your creation has a Fairy or Butterfly on it.
Creative Card Crew wanted Babies or Children
Copic's Colour Challenge wanted us to use G99 Olive, V17 Amethyst and YR68 Orange
My Time To Craft wanted to see Halloween colors too.



I used the fabulous new dp from Basic Grey called Eerie. I cut the block with a labels Nestie.
I embossed some Coredinations cardstock with the Swiss Dots embossing folder and cut it into strips to sit behind the image.
The flowers are from Prima and patterned brads are from the Target $1 spot.


Inside is a poem I wrote a few years ago and I left a space at the bottom for a personal message.



She certainly is a Halloween Cutie!
I'd love to see you join in this weeks challenge at Cute Daisy May!
And be sure to click on my banner at the top of the page to bring up my BLOG CANDY post for a chance to enter!
Katie

28 comments:

Anne-marie said...

oohh this is so cute the image is gorgeous and love the flowers
Anne-marie x

Lilacanglia said...

Such a cutie,
Love the card,
Thank You for joining us at Kaboodles this week,
Hugs
Angie

Penny said...

What a cute card. That poem is GREAT!!!

Thanks for playing along this week at Penny's Challenges!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet card!!!
I love the text...so nice!!!

Thanks for joining us at stampavie and more.

Hugs Ivi

shelly said...

wow katie all those challenges into one card! you rock! adorable card such a cute stamped image :) thanks for playing along at crafty creations this week :) xx's

Tracy S. said...

Sooo adorable.. Love your coloring and that sentiment is great!

Unknown said...

Super cute. Love, love, love it!!! You did a wonderful job on it!!! Thanks for playing along with HFOS.
Trish

Raspberry Cupcake said...

A really lovely card, and fab poem! I cant believe how many challenges you managed to fit into one card lol!

Danni said...

Awww, she's a darling!! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Anne H. said...

Such a sweet Halloween - card!
I love the colors and lovely details - great work!
Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
Anne -:)

made by fifi said...

she is very cute - thanks for joining in MTTC challenge this week x

Unknown said...

It's fantastic and I love the poem you did to go with it. Thanks for joining in with the Kaboodle challenge.

Donna said...

Adorable little card. Thanks for joining in the CCC Challenge. Donna x

Lynn said...

Lovely card and poem..so sweet :)

Anonymous said...

So sweet and fun! Great card, thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge!
smiles,Deena

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations with this beautiful card... so spooky! :)

Boo-oo,
Saskia

Cheryl said...

Hi Katie! This is just too sweet, what a fun card!

Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's Challenges, and we hope you'll join us again this week as well! : )

Penni said...

What a super cute Halloween card. I love the flowers.

Thanks for joining us at SFTW this week. Good Luck!

Hugs
Penni
X

Beth Norman said...

Very cute. No, you weren't too late--I had the wrong date. Sorry.

Lesley said...

Fab card, very cute image! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Lesley said...

Fab card, very cute image! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Valérie Goldenschue said...

Elle est superbe ta carte. merci de ta participation au challenge stampavie and more

Rainbow Lady said...

She is gorgeous Katie - such lovely colours too. Thanks for not scaring me this week Love Cynthia x

crafty amy said...

Hiya Katie this is such a cute card and I love the poem :D
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X

P.S. You might wanna check my or the Polly Craft blog ;)

Annie said...

cute card! thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT this week. hugs, annie x

Vanja said...

Beautiful card! Fabulous papers and image. I love the poem.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW and good luck! :)
Vanja

Anonymous said...

I love your beautiful card..
thanks for join the CB Challenges
terrie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Heather "Hev" said...

This is gorgeous :)

Thank you for joining us last week at Incy Wincy Designs"

Hope you come and join in this week :)