Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Sneak Peak of a new Pixie Cottage Winter Stamp

Happy Saturday!
I'm all of a tizzy today not because of my new card but because I get to go to a Copic class this afternoon!! I've been "playing" with my markers since February this year but have been mainly self taught apart from video's I found on You Tube!
But my local scrapbook store is holding a set of 3 classes and the 1st is this afternoon! So hopefully you'll see a little better coloring soon! Hee Hee!

Now on to the card :) This is a sneak peak of a fabulous new stamp coming from Alisa Ramirez for The Pixie Cottage. This fabulous little reindeer is called Rudolph and he'll be available for preorder really soon!
I chose a few challenges to help me with this card.
Basic Grey Challenges had a color combo of Blue, Green and Red (and use one of their products) so I chose papers from the brand new Eskimo Kisses collection.
Christmas Stampin had a Tag challenge so I placed the cute image on a tag on the card.
2 Red Banana's gave me the sketch
La La Lands wanted to see some Sparkle
Whimsy Stamps wanted to see the "Emboss-abilites" and Treehouse Stamps wanted embossing too
Gingersnaps GC26 wanted to see Brads

I used dp from the Eskimo Kisses collection with coordinating brads and Ornaments from the Chip Stickers selection.
The sentiment is from 7 Gypsies.
I made the mat for the image into a tag and embossed the Coredinations cardstock with an embossing folder all the way from the UK that you can find at The Craft Barn, they have super quick shipping as well. I then sanded it so the flowers would stand out and I hope you think they look a little "snowflaky" like I did! LOL
The border punch is Valentines Lace from Martha Stewart.

The inside is more of the super Eskimo Kisses dp and a message mat with coordinating ribbon.

I added Diamond Stickles to his hat and topped that with Art Institute Ultra Fine glitter in Crystal for extra sparkle!
So I hope he's put you in a Holiday creating mood as it's getting closer and closer to Christmas you know! Hee Hee!
Katie

22 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Katie

I love your card.

Super cute image and great paper choices. How good of you to decorate inside and out - I struggle with the outside somethimes !!!

Hope you enjoy your copic training (but I think your colouring is great anyway).

Have a great weekend.

Love Jules xx

pinky said...

Lovely card Katie, gorgeous little stamp and you have showcased it beautifully. Your colouring looks excellent to me, but if you get any tips please pass them on lol.
Pinky

Risa said...

Such a beautiful card Katie! Your coloring and eye for details rock! Rudolph is adorable!
hugs
Risa:)

Neva said...

How delightlfully adorable. Thanks for including the Treehouse Thursday challenge in your darling card.

Ali Manning said...

Oh my goodness, this is so adorable! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations.

Paul said...

Love the sparkly trim, I did the same on my challenge creation. A lovely bit of sparkle and thanks for joining in with our challenge at La La Land.
TFS
Paul

Tammy said...

So so cute Katie!! I love how you have colored him and your colors are wonderful!! I totally admire people that decorate the inside of the card!!! AWESOME card girl!!

Teresa said...

What a cute little reindeer. you did a great job coloring. Have fun at your class and thanks for joining the bananas

Anonymous said...

Too sweet! Love your reindeer! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Brad Challenge!

Beautiful Greetings said...

Katie this is adorable! I love the reindeer image and the way you have colored him and added the fluff is irresistable!

Beryl said...

Gorgeous card Katie and such a lovely stamped image.
Beryl xx

Lisa Foster said...

This is absolutely precious Katie! I love the colors and the sparkle....beautiful! Love this adorable image as well!
Hugs,
Lisa

Sandra H. said...

Very pretty Katie!!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is just adorable Katie, a perfect holiday card! Great papers and such a sweet image. :)

maia said...

very cute Katie! Its definitely got the sparkles. Love everything about the card.

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

great card katie, that image is so cute ,that papers great too, and the inside of your card. janex

Pam Varnell said...

This is soooo cute. Love it all. Thanks for playing along with our challenge over at The Treehouse.

Maureen said...

That image is adorable and love the papers and sparkle! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

Sandra said...

Katie,this image is just to cute. Love your card and the DP is fab!!

Hugs Sandy

Sue from Oregon said...

Cute cute! Love the no peeking sentiment! What a fun card! Thanks for joining in for #9 at La La Land.

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

OH! This is simply adorable! Love having you join us every week for La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge! Your cards always makes me smile! xx Jane

Irina Blount said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Love the sparkle!! Thank you so much for playing along at La-La Land Crafts Challenge!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina