Monday, November 16, 2009

Cute Daisy May - Texture

Happy Monday!
I hope you all had a great weekend.
Thanksgiving will soon be upon us and then Christmas, the weeks are whizzing by, so I'm using all my card making time to get my Christmas cards done.
Today's card for the Cute Daisy May Challenge is no exception.
The Design Team this time had to include different textures in their cards and this one has a lot.
There is the "spikeiness" of the leaves, the layers on the flowers, the ribbon and the metal and the "fluffy" poodle!
I used a few other challenges in this card too.
Midnight Madness gave me the sketch
Cupcake Crafts wanted you to use Digital Images
Everybody Art wanted Distressing
My Time To Craft had the theme of "Tags So Much"
Trimmies had the recipe of 1 ribbon, 1 tag and 1 sentiment
Sassy Susie wanted Christmas
Paper Maniac wanted something retro/vinatge with the option of adding Christmas. Well as this little cutie reminds me of "Lucy" I think that counts as retro, don't you?
Etsy Inspired had a great store to see this time. I chose these wash clothsfrom Allisa Jacobs store reminded me so much of my favorite Eskimo Kisses paper

The dp is Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses, I really must make a Christmas card NOT using this collection soon! LOL
The image is from Sheet 60 which has 4 super cute images on it.
I colored her with Copic's and afterwards added White Pearl fabric paint to the dog to make it look like the curly fur on a Poodle.
The border/corner punch is Martha Stewart as well as the leaf punch. The flowers are Prima.

The inside has a small message mat matching the outside mat.

I hope you can see the fur on the Poodle better in this photo.

So more you need to get out all your favorites, add a little textur to a card and enter it at the Cute Daisy May Challenge
Katie

27 comments:

Scrappymax said...

This is really cute Katie, and that pie looks good enough to eat. I love the papers you have used and the sentiment makes me want to start baking too.
Max x

Risa said...

What a super cute card Katie! Your image is adorable and colored in beautifully! Awesome DP and details as well!
hugs
Risa:)

Unknown said...

Great colors!

Phyllis said...

Cute, cute image!! My granddaughter is a pie baker and this would be cute for her!! Love you colors and designer paper!! Great job!! The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing in our challenge this week.

Phyllis MMDesign Team

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Katie, what an adorable card. The image is so sweet and the papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with my theme over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Trimgym said...

Great card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck.

Jo.

Daniele said...

ohh this is soooo sweet love it thanks for joining us at MTTC hugs x

stampinlynn said...

Oh Yum gotta have some pie tfs

Pat said...

Lovely card, sweet image, thanks for joining the challenge at MTTC this week.

Pat xx

Liza said...

A fabulous card, the image is so sweet and I love the "curly" paint on the poodle! Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Katie - this is so-o-o sweet!! I love the way you have coloured that adorable image. Your choice od DP and embellishments are gorgeous - your card is just so pretty! You work is always amazing - I look forward to seeing your cards whenever you play! Thank you for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we look forward to seeing what you do next week!
Linda MMSC Design Team

Anonymous said...

This is stunning--cute image, gorgeous colors/papers, lovely flowers! I love the inside of the card, too, and that new Martha punch (my hubby "got" me that for Christmas, lol)! Thanks for joining us at EAC!

Pop's Cards said...

Hi Katie, I love your image and it is coloured fab, layout and papers are perfect too, thanks for joinig us at Cupcake big hugs pops x x

Carol Hurlock said...

Holy smokes you got in lots of challenges with this beauty Katie. This is just as sweet an adorable as it can be. I love the baking theme and the puppy pulls at your heart strings. Oh, and that paper is scrumptious!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week. We love seeing your work.

Carol
Midnight Madness Design Team

Michele Spera said...

Hi Katie
I've gotten to everyone on the Dt and added myself so I can visit everyone:-)
I love what you came up with for this cutie this week:-) what great colors together and I love the added dimension on the dog and the border punch detail! very nice job:-)
hugs
michele

Magda said...

Oh, what a lovely card! The image is amazing, so cute.
Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge & good luck.
Magda x

made by fifi said...

cute card - that pie looks yummy - thanks for joining in MTTC challenge this week x

Lesley said...

Fab card, the image is so cute! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

SallyB said...

Hey there...what a cute image and I love the sentiment!!! Well done for matching the inside...I keep saying I am going to do this more...Thanks for joining in with our first challenge at Susie's Sassy Challenge!!

Eiglas said...

Sweet card Chuck!
Thank you for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T!
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

Julie said...

This is beautiful Katie, such an adorable image and lovely colouring. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T.
Julie x

Milliesmarvels said...

This card is just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us for Susie's Sassy Challenge!
Jane
x

Claire Phillips said...

What a beautiful card - thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Cheers Claire x

Tracy said...

Very cute, fab colours. Thanks for joining Susie's Sassy Challenge. Good luck
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Susie Sugar said...

Wow this is stunning darling I love it so much
Thanks for playing with us at ssc
Hugs Susie xx

Donna said...

Fabbilicous card, love the gorgeous colours and layout! Thanks for joining in the digi image fun at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Oh my this is so precious!!!! Love that image! So glad you played with us at MMSC this week!