Monday, November 23, 2009

Merry Christmas from Cute Daisy May

Happy Monday!
This weeks's theme at Cute Daisy May is Christmas in Red!
Be sure to check out all the stamps that Linnie designs as there are some freebies on there right now too!
I didn't approach making this card any differently than I usually do but for some reason it just came out (in my eyes) so beautifully and I can't wait to show it to you!

I chose a few challenges to go with this card as well:
Charisma Cardz gave me the sketch
Dare U 2 Digi want to see Glitter
Crafty Catz wanted to see the word "Celebrate" on the card
Crafty Creations wanted Metal or a Metallic Finish

I used an image from Sheet 115 for this card.
I've been taking some Copic classes at a local store with the fabulous Frank Vento and for some reason today it all fell into place, the colors blended like I wanted them too, the shadows were in the right places and I just fell in love with the results! (I'm typing this up on Friday lunchtime so you can guess what I'll be playing at all weekend! LOL).
I loved all the glittery and metallic finishes together, so festive!
The glittered paper on the bottom layer is from the fabulous Peppermint Forest stack exclusive to Joanns. The metallic papers are from American Crafts in their Christmas Foil Speciality Paper pack from Hobby Lobby. I tried to find you a link but nowhere seems to sell it online. I embossed the red panel with the HSN Exclusive Cuttlebug Snowflake Holiday embossing folder. It was the first time for me embossing metallic paper but it won't be the last! LOL
The gold punched border is from the Deco Fan punch by Martha Stewart.
I printed the sentiment and matted it on the scalloped Nestie and then raised it on a pop dot. The ribbon is an old Christmas one from who knows how long ago!
Finally I added some Pearl 3D paint to his hat and cuffs.

Inside there is more of the wonderful dp and a message mat with another punched border and ribbon.

Here is a close up of the little helper Elf, wouldn't we all like one of these around at this time of year!

I hope I've started your Thanksgiving week off well and keep safe!
Katie

15 comments:

Risa said...

What a beautiful card and such an adorable image Katie!
hugs
Risa:)

Lesley said...

wow this is gorgeous...xx

Unknown said...

Way Cute!

Larissa said...

Great card with a very cute image! Thanks for joining us at DU2DS.

Hugs,
Larissa

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Kate
Your card is gorgeous,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz this week,
Hugs Dianne xx

Danni said...

Great card! Love it!

Kirsty said...

HI Katie another gorge card from you this week! kirsty xx

Mandy said...

fantastic card! love your take on our metal theme!

thank you for joining us at crafty creations! hope to see you visit us again soon katie!

hugs mandyxx

Sally said...

Your card is stunning. Love that image. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Bubbles said...

A wonderful card Katie, what a fab image, and I just love the papers etc and the inside is just as fab!! Thanks for using my Charisma sketch and well done on combining the challenges!
Joanne x

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations with our metal challenge! What a wonderful image and fabby colour! Cheers Claire x

carol said...

aah it's so cute,lovely image thanks for joining in the challenge at crafty catz. x carol

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

gorgeous card so cute and the papers are so rich. janex

Justine said...

This is breathtaking and the coloring is Perfect

Chris said...

A gorgeous card Katie and such a sweet image. Love your colouring and design too. Glad you could join us at DU2DS this time. Chris :)