Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Pixie Cottage Challenge #3 - A new Sketch

Here's the 3rd and final post for today!
It's time for another new challenge at The Pixie Cottage and this time it's another new sketch.



There are so many wonderful Pixie Cottage stamps to choose from but when I saw this one I just had to use it! It's drawn by the very talented Tish and was an absolute joy to color!

Of course I had add some other challenges along the way :)

Kraftin Kimmie wanted you to Stitch It Up, whether it be real or faux.
Daring Cardmakers wanted to see you Get Krafty and use Kraft paper somewhere on your card
Easy Breezy Kewl had a color combo of Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Kraft and Whisper White
Play Along Monday wanted Anything Christmas and so did Jacksonbelle Embellishments and Belli too!
Die Cuts R Us wanted you to "Emboss Something" so I used a new CB folder on the Kraft panel.



It's Rudolph fabulous? You can almost hear him telling Santa of everything that is one his list.
The dp are from My Minds Eye and are embossed and glittered giving an extra depth to the card.
The holly are wooden accents from Hobby Lobby and the ribbon is Michaels.
I used the one of the new Cuttlebug embossing folders on the Kraft panel.
The sentiment is Colorbok.
I added Glossy Accents to Rudolph's nose and Pearl puffy paint to Santa's beard, hat, cuffs and boot tops.
The paint reflected in the gloss on the photo so it looks liked they smudged but in real life all is well :)


The inside is more dp and a message mat.



Here is a better view of the happy pair and you can see no smudges here ;)
It's a great sketch to work with and I'd love to see what you make of it over at The Pixie Cottage
Katie

25 comments:

Risa said...

Wow....your card is super cute Katie! Your image is adorable! Rudolph is so funny and that nose of his is fab!
hugs
Risa:)

Jo said...

This is gorgeous - such a fab image :)

jo x

LORi said...

Oh Katie...this is just spectacular!! Thanks so much for sharing with DCRU this week!!

HUGS ~ LORi

Lynda said...

Katie this is absolutely gorgeous and I love how you've textured the kraft paper. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers this week.

Lynda xxx

Karen Wilson said...

Wow Katie, I'm speechless! This is beautiful and so fun! I love all your embellishments and textures, wow. I love it! Thanks so much for 'playing along' with this week's challenge!

queen-of-nostalgia said...

Fabulous card! A work of art, and all the layers and textures and details! I love it :)
Cheers!
Kristen

Tammy said...

Such a cute card Katie!!! I just love how you do the insides!! Great coloring!

Michelle Quinno said...

Gorgeous card, Katie! I love what you did with his beard!

Unknown said...

Hi Katie!

I just love your card, beautifuly coloured and great DP!

Kristine said...

oh WOW Katie, this is soo awesome!! LOVE your beautiful ribbon, your liquid applique, the SKETCH ROCKS! and your holly elements. It's so well put together. Super job!! =)

Karen Arthur said...

Katie, what an adorable card. I just LOVE that big shiny red nose on Rudolf and your coloring. All the details are fab... great job!!

Beautiful Greetings said...

Gorgeous card Katie! I love your bow and Santas beard!

Cara said...

Wow, Katie! Awesome card! Love Rudy's shiny red nose. Thanks for joining the DCRU DT challenge!
Cara DCRU DT

Tara said...

This really is such a sweet card Katie and I love the way you've puffed up Santa's fur too, cute!
Hugs Tara xx

Holly said...

Oooohhh I love that ribbon! What a wonderful Christmas card!!! Thanks so much for playing in our Belli Challenge!

Vicky said...

Fab card, love how you've embossed the kraft paper. :)x

Faith S. said...

Katie, this card is so CUTE! You did a wonderful job!! I love seeing Tish's stamps!

Sammye Jo said...

Love the use of that folder with a Christmas card!! Too cool! Thanks for joining us at DCRU DT Blog!!- Sammye Jo- DCRU DTC

Julie Leblanc said...

How perfect is this... Now I want to go and sit on Santa's Lap... tfs and playing at Easy Breezy...

Julie - Kewlstamps-n-more

Amber said...

Eek!!! What an adorable card!!! Love it. Rudolph is sooooo cute and I love the bow! Just beautiful!
Hugs
Amber

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Amazing! Great layers and I just adore that beautiful bow! Always a pleasure to see your work.

Smiles!
Gwen

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What a fun card! I love the RED!! Thanks for playing the Belli!

Ceal said...

Great card thanks for plaing in the Belli challenge

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh this is FABULOUS - love your take on the sketch - the bow is PERFECT!!! Thanks for playing along in the Belli Challenge!

Julie Leblanc said...

I knew that I had too much time on my hands lol!!!
I completely forgot to let you know our top 3 for Challenge #10...

Here they are: Donna H, Katie and Arielle.

Thanks and I'll work hard at being on time for Challenge #11