Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Woo Hoo! I'm guesting at La La Lands!!

Hi Everyone!
I've been holding in a secret for a while now and now I can let out the news!
For the months of November and December I'll be joining the Design Team as a guest over at La La Lands!
I've been playing with their challenges for a while now and even been winning a few and now I can play along with the team and have my projects up for you all to see!
There are 3 other wonderful ladies joining the team for the same term as me and you can see their work at the links below.
Elena Joldersman The Red Headed Girl
Kristine Breach Ink Something
Moon Hulsman Scrapjes Van Moon

To showcase my new appointment I thought I'd make a new project with the super cute Sitting Lalaand I hope you'll like her!

Of course there are a few challenges that I used to help me with this.

Mojo Monday gave me the sketch
Corrosive Challenges wanted "Anything But A Card"
Creative Inspirations wanted a decorated bag
Double Dutch wanted a decorated purse
The Crafty Pad had a color combo of Green, Red and Gold
Opus Gluei had an "Apple Of My Eye" theme
Die Cut Dreams had a Food/Drink theme
My Creative Clutter wanted you to base your color scheme on your Favorite Candy Wrapper and I chose Starburst candies.


Although I used a card sketch I decided to use it on a gift bag.
The dp is from the Summer Song stack by My Minds Eye that I got at Hobby Lobby.
Lala is colored with Copic's and she's sitting on a hand cut apple.
I used the wonderful Eyelet Lace "Around the Edge" punch set as a background to the dp.
I replaced the raffia handles on the gift bag with ribbon and added a "silk" rose to the top.


Here's a close up of cute Lala!
Be sure to check back tomorrow when I'll have my 1st card for the La La Landschallenge!
Katie

20 comments:

Scrappymax said...

Ooh you clever girl Katie, I am looking forward to seeing your fab creations.
Max x

queen-of-nostalgia said...

COngrats! What a cute bag, and I love the delicate edges...
Cheers!
Kristen

Debbie said...

Hi Katie - gorgeous gift bag and congrats on your new gdt.
Thanks for joining in with The Crafty Pad challenge.

xxDebbiexx

Tracey said...

Congratulations on the guest gig Katie! Love your project here. It's just gorgeous!! xx

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a sweet deal! Beth

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Thankyou for joining in our challenge at DCD with this beautiful hanger. lovely papers and very pretty edging.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

Sandra H. said...

YIPPIE Katie!!! Congrats!!!

Amy J said...

Congrats to you!!!!

Thank you for joining in on the Saturday Challenge over at My Creative Clutter!

Sue from Oregon said...

Katie...how great is this! You always nailed all the LLLWWChallenges! A perfect fit for the design team. Congrats girl!

Irina Blount said...

What a great project Katie!! Love how Lala is sitting on the handcut apple!! Welcome to the team honey!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Rosemary said...

What a cutie-pie (couldn't resist with an apple theme)! She is adorable and I love that you used her for a gift bag. The colors are so happy and I love the extra touch of the lace edging punch- that's fantastic!

Mummylade said...

Love the lace border. Thank you for joining the DCD challenge this week.

Nicola said...

Gorgeous hanger Katie, congrats on your GDT and thank you for playing along with Die Cut Dreams.
Nicola -x-

maxine said...

Lovely card thanks for joining us at the crafty pad this week.

Karen said...

Lovely hanger Katie, thanks for joining us at DCD.
xx

rozzyb said...

Beautiful card
Thanks for joining in the Crafty Pad Cahllenge
hugs rozzy xx

Susie Sugar said...

Gorgeous Creation Darling
Thanks for joining us at DCD this week.
Hugs Susie xx

Erica said...

What a lovely bag Katie, and congrats on your Guest DT membership! Thank you for joining us at Double Dutch :D

Hugs,
Erica

Victoria said...

what a great giftbag and congratulations on your GDT too

Great to see you at DCD this week

Victoria
x

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Wow, this is so wonderful and cute. Thank you for joining us over the Double Dutch Challenge!

Hugs
Heike