Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Happy Birthday - New Card for My Grafico

Happy Wednesday!
This week at My Grafico we got to work with a fabulous set called Arabian Paradise

PaperPlay had a theme of Parlez Vous, any langugage but English on your cards so I used the French for Happy Birthday
Paper Cutz wanted to see Stars
Copic Creations wanted to see Red Hair
Crafty Cardmakers wanted to see you "Stamp Something" whether it was rubber or digital
Digi Kitty wanted to see a Frame
The Pink Elephant had a color challenge of Brown, Yellow, Neutral and a color of your choice.
2 Red Bananas also had a color combo of Red, Orange, Yellow and Brown and you had to use 3 of them.
365 Cards Day 247 had an AD inspiration photo
Basic Grey Challenges also had a photo inspiration



I realized now I've added the photo that the color combo's didn't include green but I hope they'll still let me in!LOL
I used the fabulous "Scarlets Letter" dp from Basic Grey which I thought was a little Arabian in theme and worked well with the image. I printed the dancer on Kraft paper to give a coordinating look with the dp. The "Happy Birthday" title is in French as I thought the dancer looked a little Moroccan and they speak French (as well as Arabic) in Morocco. I used a new border punch from Martha Stewart called Eyelet Lace and I love the delicate look it gives.
The butterflies are from a set I bought last Christmas in England.


The dp inside was slit to allow the message mat to slip in.



So run over to My Grafico to see the sketch and give it a go yourself!
Katie

18 comments:

Stephanie said...

Katie - I think the card looks great...the green is perfect :)

Lynette said...

Very pretty! That is amazing to combine that many challenges - well done!!

Teresa said...

What a fun anniversary card. THanks for joining the bananas.

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Great card...love those butterflies!!! Thanks for joining us this week at PCC!

Hugs,
Terry

My Creative Time said...

Wow, what a beautiful card!!! Thanks for playing with us @ Digi Kitty!! Hope to see you again next week!!
xxx
Emma:)

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely precious! I am in awe that you combined so many challenges! Way to multi-task!
I love the punched frame--that is just too cute!
Thank you for taking the time this week to play with us at Digi Kitty--I hope you will again next week.

Purrs & Kisses,
Kristal of Digi Kitty

Unknown said...

just wonderful ;)
love it.

Unknown said...

This is so fun card! I love the image.
Thanks for joining us at PCC!

Sari

sophiesmama said...

What a darling card! Thanks for playing PCC this week!
Hugs,
Mary

~Jeri~ said...

Awesome card!! Way to go on combining so many challenges together!! Very creative! Thanks for playing along with us at Digi-Kitty this week. Hope to see you joining us again in the future!

Deirdre said...

Great card - love your colours and design.

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a dynamic card! The butterflies are a great touch! Beth

Unknown said...

Beautiful. I love how you added the lacey border. Thanks for creating with us at TPE this week. :)

Annie said...

oh wow this is just gorgeous.
Ann xxx
TPE

Julie M said...

Great card, Katie. I love that paper, it's still one of my favourite BG lines.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay again this week.

Julie

Chris said...

A beautiful card Katie and such a sweet image. Love your colouring and design and the paper is so pretty. Glad you could join us this time at BG Challenges, Chris and the DT :)

Gloria Stengel said...

This is adorable! And wow what a load of challenges! How do you keep them straight?! I am so impressed!

Geneviève aka Muscade said...

The frame is fabulous! I like your card! Thanks for playing along with us @ Digi Kitty!