Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Let's get Stitchy! - A new Pixie Cottage Challenge

Here is the 3rd and final post for today.
This time at The Pixie Cottage it's a technique challenge and we want to see you Get Stitchy! It doesn't matter whether you get out your machine, thread a needle, grab a pen, stamp a line or even use a rub on, as long as it's a stitch it counts!

Obviously there are a few other challenges that I added along the way :)
Mojo Monday was where I chose the sketch
Artful Inkables want to see Chipboard and so do Belli
Colour Q had a color combo of Bravo Burgundy, Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Always Artichoke and a Neutral. The colors are based on the Figgy Pudding paper by Basic Grey.
Copic's Colour had a combo of E29 Burnt Umber, YR16 Apricot and G99 Olive all of which I used to color the image.
Creative Card Crew wants Favorite Things and one of mine is definitely Basic Grey paper! LOL
Flourishes also had a Christmas theme
PaperTake also had a "Christmas Crackers" theme.



I chose to use the brand new Winter Window by Sandra Hammer that coordinates with the wonderful door you've seen me use before. It is the perfect size for the Holiday Tilda's to stand by but I love the image so much that I wanted to use it on its own.
I color it with Copic's using wnat I learned in class and the fabulous Shadow Tutorial by Marianne Walker to help me with the shading/shadows.
The color scheme was taken from the Figgy Pudding collection by Basic Grey but I don't have any of that and their Dasher collection works just as well :)
The two border punches for the scallops are EK Success and the chipboard letters are We R Memory Keepers.


The inside is more coordinating dp and a ribbon topped message mat.



Here is a close up of the window. I tried to color it to look like there was a light on inside the building and it was casting warm shadows on both the window and the tree outside.

I'd love to see how "Stitchy" you can get so go and create and enter the challenge at
The Pixie Cottage
Katie

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Lush and so many Challenges may have to check a few out lol

Love Dawn xx

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Really nice card and great job coloring in your image! Thanks for playing along with the Belli Challenge!

Nicola said...

Your creations are always such delicious eye candy Katie and this is another of your beauties.
Thank you for joining us at the Creative Card Crew this week.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

*Alison* said...

This is ADORABLE.. I LOVE your image.. your coloring technique and your style is WONDERFUL..HUGS

~If you get a chance I hope you can stop by my blog.. I have a bunch of FREE Digital Stamps, I add a new one each Wed. I have DT tryouts and blog candy going on (top sidebar)... :)

Random Acts of Krafting said...

This is gorgeous, one of my favorite stamps. You can feel the warmth coming from inside the house.
Hugs
Tanya

Anonymous said...

Katie I love your card for this challenge. I am still trying to figure out how you stitched around those circles. I sew! and still find it more difficult to sew on paper. Beautiful job girl. I also admire your coloring. gorgeous.
Hugs,
Pam
http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/

Annemarie said...

Gorgeous card.
I love this image. It's just perfect with the lo.

aardvarkpest said...

Great card.Fab colouring and so many challenges too. Well done

Glenda

Tracey said...

Fab Christmas card!

Hugs
Tracey
x

Beth said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love this image and the papers are fab! Thanks for joining in the Copic Colour Challenge this week!

Love Beth xx

Arielle H Gordon said...

Katie, what a sweet card... terrific coloring & I love the faux stitching! Thanks so much for playing along with the colourQ this week, hope to see more of your work! Arielle

Denise @ kc242 said...

Beautiful Card. I especially like the way your dp goes so well with your image. Love the window image too. Your coloring is great!
Denise
Pixie Cottage
Guest Designer

Fern said...

Love this little winter scene... Awesome job coloring it and I love the snow!!! Thanks for playing the Belli Challenge!!

Joy said...

thanks for playing the AI challenge! great entry!

Anne said...

Congrats with the random price at Paper Take Katie!! I'm happy for you! =)

Hugs, Anne

Joan Ervin said...

This is soooo pretty...love your coloring and the chipboard latters!!! Thanks for playing in the Belli challenge!!!