Thursday, November 19, 2009

Celebrate Today - A Pink Christmas Card with a difference!

Happy Thursday!
Well you'll never believe it, this card is just for me! No Design Team commitment this time, just simply cardmaking for the pure pleasure of it!
I'll admit it was a struggle to make the image look "Christmasy" but sometimes we need to stretch ourselves so we remember it's not always "easy street"! LOL

Now just because I didn't make this for a team doesn't mean I did use some challenges!
Stamp Artic wanted a Pink Christmas Card
Magnolia-licious Highlites want a Magnolia card with Accessories only, no characters
Just Magnolia gave me the sketch
Fab's Big Christmas wants you to make a stamped background paper
Jacksonbelle Embellishments had a photo inspiration and I chose this dress with Pink and Snowflakes
Tuesday Morning Sketches had a recipe of 3 papers, 2 embellishments and 1 flourish. 2 Basic Grey papers and the stamped paper, the circle tags and snowflakes and the flourish are the flower strands in the image.
Kraftin Kimmie wanted
"Lotsa Circles" and I think the sketch has lots!



The challenge to use a Magnolia accessory stamp was hard for me as I don't have few many of them and certainly not many that would "stand alone" as a card image.
But I've always liked this watering can and I hope I managed to make it look "Christmasy" enough. I didn't ink up the part with the butterfly as that would be too "Spring" and I tried to color the leaves and flowers to look a little like Holly and Poinsettias. I used vellum snowflake stickers by The Paper Studio and used Tulip Puffy Paint in White to make the snow. I painted it on in tiny swirls and then used my Marvy Heat Gun to gentley puff it up. It takes a gentle hand so you don't burn the paint as Heat Gun's are hot!!!
The dp are from , wait for it, the Eskimo Kisses collection by Basic Grey!.
I used a Studio G $1 stamp to make the Holly panel and topped that with a border from the Valentines Lace border punch by Martha Stewart.
The acrylic letters are The Paper Studip and the snowflakes were white but I colored them with a Copic marker.
The "Celebrate today" sentiment is an Inspirable by EK Success.

The inside is more dp and a message mat with a coordinating snowflake.

Here you can see a close up, and I just love the Puffy Paint!
Anyway, I hope you've liked today's card, be back tomorrow for a Digital Delights freebie and on Saturday I've got a great new project for The Pixie Cottage.
Thanks for stopping by!
Katie

23 comments:

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Very pretty! Love all the circles!!

Barb Hardeman said...

Katie, this definitely would be a challenge for me too! You pulled this together very nicely creating a wintery scene for the watering can. Super job with the snowflakes and the pretty papers...love it...hugs...Barb

Lauren said...

Cute! I love that you made this into a winter scene - very creative!

Lauren

Myrna said...

Very cool idea! It reminds us of the not to distant past of summer. Good job.

Jacque said...

Katie, you have done an exceptional job on this challenge!!! And the card is soooooo delightful!!! I just love it!!! All of the details you have used are stunning....Thanks so much for participating in the hop...Hugs..Jacque

Angelwood said...

Katie, this card is really pretty! Love the snowflakes all around your watering can and this paper is so pretty - love the colors! hugs, Angela

Sharon Caudle said...

Cute card, Katie! Very creative to take a summer stamp and turn it into a winter scene! Love those yummy papers and all your gorgeous snowflakes! Love those tags too! Great job! hugs!

Tammy said...

What a fun card. Thanks for participating in the Tuesday Morning Sketches recipe challenge this week.

Kay said...

Katie, What a cheerful card. Your card is the perfect example of why this was such a great challenge. You certainly rose to the occasion. Be proud of your contribution. Kay Watson

Marilyn said...

What a great card! Love the puffy paint for snow. I, too, love Eskimo Kisses - I've already made 5 different cards, and none of them look the same at all - it's a great line of paper. And what a great job of rising to all of the challenges!

Melissa Craig said...

This is very pretty Katie! I love the colors and the snowflakes are lovely! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

CraftyC said...

This is beautful Katie, a lovely card!
Clairexx

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Katie! Love it!

Nancy said...

What a pretty card love the color pink.
Hugs,
Nancy

Gabby said...

Awesome job on the TMS challenge! Thanks for playing along with us!

Gabby *November Guest DT*

Loraine ou Tilard said...

I feel a little badly made ... I'm also not much of magnolia accessories. But you ... oh, gosh ... it's really great!And you encourage me...ohhhhhh yƩ! Hugs, Loraine

Patricia Garcia said...

Cute card, this can is just cute, I need to get this stamp. You have done a very nice card!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Sharon said...

Hi Katie,
I have enjoyed discovering your blog and have nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award!
You can find out all about it by visiting my blog www.cardsbyrequest.blogspot.com
Thanks for the inspiration.
Sharon x

Norma said...

Katie, It's gorgeous. Love the colours. Those DP's are fab. Love it.

Hugs.
Norma

Theresa said...

What a lovely card. I love the watering can and all that pink!!

Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Theresa (DT)

Kerry D-C said...

What a lovely card! love the pink! Fantastic job on this challenge.

Irina Blount said...

You are so clever Katie :-) AWESOME card!!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Suzanne J Dean said...

So cute & how fun to use this image for Christmas--love it! Thanks for joining in w/ us on the challenge!

hugz,
Suzanne