Monday, September 21, 2009

I'm Not Shaken OR Stirred! - New My Grafico card

Hi Everyone,
It's time for a new challenge for the newest My Grafico Challenge
This week's challenge is to make a card celebrating Retirement.
Well this was a real challenge for me but I think I pulled it off!
We got to work with a really super set of images called Funky Flamingo's and it was such fun!
Of course I had to add a few other challenges to this card.
There were 2 challenge blogs with similar "recipe" challenges that worked well together. Simon Says Stamp wanted 3 embellishments, 2 papers and 1 image and Creative Card Crew wanted 2 papers, 3 flowers, 2 brads, 1 button and 1 ribbon (I had to add something to the inside to make it qualify but I still got it all in!)
Charisma Cardzwanted lots of flowers.
Stamp Something wanted favorite papers or colors and really this card has both. I love blue and green together and the papers are from DCWV and I use their stacks ALL the time!
The Secret Crafter wanted "One for the Girls" and I certainly think this Flamingo in her bikini and sipping a cocktail is one of the girls!
Creative Inspirations wanted an Animal theme and I hope a bird is classed as an Animal! LOL


I colored this cute Flamingo with Copic's and the dp are from the Citrus Stack by DCWV. The border punch is Martha Stewart, the flowers are Prima and fabric brads are The Paper Studio. I printed the sentiment myself.

The inside is more dp and a large message mat with a ribbon and button border.


Anyway, I hope you're not too relaxed to go and join in the My Grafico Challenge this week!
Katie

18 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the greens and blues! Very nice card!

Sally said...

Fantastic card. I love that sentiment. It made my day! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Unknown said...

Great fun card, love it!

Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week.

Jan x

Donna said...

Lol Fabulous card both inside and out, love the sentiment. Thanks for joining in the CCC Challenge this week. Donna x

Unknown said...

just tooo cute, you did an amazing job.

Erin... said...

So cute and funny!!! Also have to tell you I think 9 times out of 10 I enter my card into a challenge right after you, I always think it's funny! Today we had 2 in a row! Great minds and fun challenges!!! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is just fantastic! That image is brilliant and it really made me smile. You've used the recipe well. Thank you for joining us at the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Sharon xx

Lorraine A said...

Oh what a fun card :-) The image is very cute and the papers and embellies tyou used are fab :-) I love how you decorated the inside too :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Danni said...

Wonderful card!! So very fun!

Sam said...

What a fun card. I love those papers, such fresh colours and the image is so funny! Thanks for playing along at CCC this week, be sure to look out for the new challenge launched tomorrow!
Sam x

Stephanie said...

Katie - I just love your card - it's AWESOME!! and the new look of your blog is great, too!

Mary said...

I love it! The colors are relaxing - perfect for retirement :)

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous card, fabulous fun image and colours.
Luv
Debby

Vee said...

Fab card I love those papers and the image. Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
xx Vee

Juls said...

such a fun card!! Love the image!!

aardvarkpest said...

Great card. Love the iamge and sentiment.

Glenda

Barb Hardeman said...

So, so, so sweet, Katie. Beautiful work...

Sandra said...

See your card on Designer Spotlight on My Grafico Challenges, just to cute.

Hugs Sandy