Sunday, September 6, 2009

Fabulous Design Team News!

Happy Sunday!
I'm sure after 4 months of my blog you've noticed that I love to combine challenges.
And you may have seen that I was invited to be a Guest Designer at Pile It On for October.
Well I got super news this week, Vicki and Dalis asked me to join the team full time!
So today is my first project as a team member and I'm so excited to share it with you all!
As you may know Pile It On was designed as a challenge blog with a difference. Each Sunday they give you a challenge and to enter your project you have to combine it with at least one other challenge from another blog. This is absolutely perfect for me as combining is getting to be an obsession that I don't want a cure from!

Today the Pile It On challenge is Birthdays and the team got to work with the wonderful digital images from the talented Tim Hambo at Hambo Stamps
As well as the PIO challenge I added few more.
The sketch came from Just Christmas and Birthday Cards
Creative Card Crew have a color combo of Pink, Black and White, If the Shoe Fits Scrap it! had the same color combo with the addition of hearts andCopic Creations wanted your favorite color combo so that was easy!
The Pink Elephant had a recipe of 1 ribbon, 2 squares and something that sparkles and LaLa Land Crafts wanted Bling so more sparkle!
Finally The Cuttlebug Spot are celebrating their birthday this month so all month they want Birthday themed projects.

I colored this wonderful image with Copic's and it is called And then I woke up and I thought would be great for a girlfriends birthday as who doesn't like cupcakes on their birthday?
The dp is The Paper Studio from Hobby Lobby, the border punch is Threading Water from Fiskars and the ribbon is Offray. The circle sentiment is 7 Gypsies. I can't remember where the heart rhinestones came from.

The inside is more of the super dp and an additional sentiment along with a message block.

I added Diamond Stickles to the cupcakes and they look almost too good to eat!
I'm so happy to be able to share this great news with you and be sure to check out Pile it On each Sunday and join the fun!
I'll be doing projects with them every other week but I'm sure on my "off" weeks I'll be playing along like the rest of you!
Have a great rest of your weekend.
Katie

19 comments:

Paul said...

A great, great, great card. Such fun. Liking the image, the patchwork on the inside - all of it in fact! Thanks for creating such a great project for this week’s La La Land’s Weekly Wednesday Challenge.
TFS
Paul

Anonymous said...

what a cute card and what a bunch of challenges! Love the title of the stamp! Big SMILE! thanks for playing along w/us at copic creations challenge blog...
good luck on the prize!

Unknown said...

Fantastic card, Katie! I love this color combo and I love how you decorated the inside! Great job! Thanks for playing along at La La Land Crafts!

Tracey said...

Congratulations on your Guest Designer gig! This is a gorgeous card! I love the colour combo!

Unknown said...

omg! this is awesome! i LOVE it! everythign about it!!! thanks for joining us at teh Shoe this week!
~tracey

Lisa Hjulberg said...

OMGoodness, what a wonderful image! It's raining cupcakes! I love rain anyway, but cupcake rain would be the best! Very cute card, with lots of yummy details! Thanks so much for playing in our La-La Land Weekly Wednesday Challenge! Please join us again!

Annie said...

This is just gorgeous - love every little bit of it.
ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Sam said...

Well done on your DT post and combining so many challenges. Fabulous card, love love love the image and sentiment.
Thanks for playing along at CCC this week.
Sam x

Frau Ninchen said...

WOW what a gorgeous card!i love the papers,the colours and the image!your insidedeco is great!
Thanks for joining us this week on jcbc!

xoxo janina

Eulanda said...

Eeeee yippeeee!!!! Congrats on being a guest designer!! I am so excited for you and I know you'll make 'em proud! This is a GREAT card! I love all the cupcakes and the sparkle on them. So sweet!

Sheri Gilson said...

Very cute!! Love the cupcakes. Thanks for playing along with us at TPE!!

Sheri
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

LORi said...

Love it Katie!! Very CUTE!!
Thanks for joining us this week at TPE!! Congrats on last week's win!!

LORi

Karin said...

Stunning card.
love the colours, fabulous stamp and all the beautifull details.
Thanks for joining LLWWC and the JCBC this week.

xoxo karin

Kimmi said...

Gorgeous card. I love the image - so fun!

Thank you for playing with us this week at La-La Land Crafts :D

Kimmi x

Maureen said...

Congrats on joining the PIO team full time - it's so great to have you! And LOVE this card!! The image is so fun and love the papers and sparkle and that you decorated the inside so nicely too! Thank you for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

Sue from Oregon said...

Katie...this is as cute as can be! Love the colors! Definitely have to be a multi-tasker to PILE IT ON..Congrats! Thanks for joining us this week on La-La Lands WW Challenge!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Super cute card!! Love the colours and the image... SO adorable! Congrats on the GD spot! Thank you for playing along with us at La-La Land Crafts! xx Jane

Irina Blount said...

Katie, please come back to La-La Land Crafts blog, there is something there for you :-) !!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Lori said...

I love this card. The colors are fabulous and the image, sentiment and layout are perfect. Great job. and congrats on the DT! Well deserved!