Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Own Challenge Blog :)

Hi Everyone,
I hope you have room for another challenge blog on your list as I've started one of my own!
Cooking It Up With Katie will have a challenge every other Thursday and they will all be "recipe" challenges.
Just like a cooking book I'll give you the basic recipe and you "cook up" the rest!
For now it'll only be me with the examples but if we get popular I may well invite a few guests to join us!
All the rules and details are over at the challenge blog
Challenge #1 is:
Use 1 image
Add 2 different shapes to you project in any form you like
And use 3 Paper Embellishments, these can be store bought, handmade, punched, die cut, anything you like just make sure they are made of paper.

My card also includes challenges from other sites.
The color inspiration came from Basic Grey Challenges and the sketch came from Allsorts (they wanted any 2 colors too so I pulled the Blue and Green from the Basic Grey inspiration).
Also a good friend of mine runs a color challenge blog at Easy Breezy "Kewl" Colour Challenges and this weeks challenge is Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Basic Gray and Burmuda Bay and I think my blue and green color scheme fits in with that fine!
Also I found another challenge blog that was new to me (and I love the name as admit we all call it C^@p at times! Scrap Your Crap wanted you to use you chipboard and I'll admit to having tons and not using it like I should. So I added chipboard circle with heart centers that I inked.



The image is from Mo's Digital Pencil and it's a trio set of 3 teen images.
Mo Manning was orignally a children book artist but has branched out into digital images and I'm so thankful she did! Her work is fabulous, different from other out there and so wonderful to color.



Here you can see the inside is more of the wonderful Basic Grey paper from the Phoebe collection and I added a heart to the message mat.



I wonder who she's thinking about?

Anyway, I'd love it if you could join in with my challenge and if you could spread the word to others that would be great too! The more the merrier and I can't wait to see what you come up.
Go over NOW and join in!
Katie

11 comments:

Julie Leblanc said...

Very nicely done...I love the way you used all those colours...Thanks for playing at Easy Breezy :-)

Julie - Kewlstamps-n-more

Unknown said...

Great colors on this!

Juls said...

love this image..its so trendy!! and I love the colours youhave used and the gorgeous ribbon detail!! fab card!!

Tara said...

This is scrummy Katie - fab interpretation of the sketch and that image is just adorable!
Thanks for joining us for the latest BG challenge ;o)
Hugs Tara xx

Debs said...

Hi Katie
Love this card - great colour combo and the image is fab. Had a peek at your new challenge blog - love the idea & hope to join in as often as time allows lol!!! Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
Take care
Debs xx

Kath Stewart said...

super cute card katie....love the image and great colour combo....thanks for joining in the fun this week at Allsorts...hugs kath xxx (GDT)

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

fab card and great colour combo

thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Jules said...

Hi Katie

So many interesting elements on your card - I love it - especially your beautifully coloured image.

I saw your card earlier on your "challenge launch". I hope you get lots of people taking part.

Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.

Love Jules xx

Lisa said...

Hi Katie, Beautiful card! Gorgeous colours and fab image which you have coloured beautifully.

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

Lisa x

Pearl Maple said...

That is a cute image, love the colours and attitude of the peice. Looking forward to the stamptober event, it is sure to be fun.

Julie Leblanc said...

Katie, Katie Tate and Dawn Mercedes and our Winner... TADA, lucky number 4 - IRIT - The Good Link, lol! Awesome scrapbook layouts IRIT, thanks for sharing.

Congratulations ladies.

Please email me to kewlstamps-n-more@sympatico.ca with TOP 3 or Winner EBKCC#6 in the subject line and I will do a reply attaching your PDF files (aka, the prizes) Again, thanks for playing and remember to grab your badge if you haven't already done so!