Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A triple play today!

Hi Everyone,
Sorry for the triple posts but I hope it will be worth it.
My visitors are on their way back to England and to help with my homesickness I've gone back to my table to create.
It has turned so much cooler here today, it was in the 60's when we got up this morning and as next month is traditionally Pumpkin Month in our family I decided to get a jump on it and start on my Fall cards!
This one covers a few challenges (well it wouldn't be me if it didn't ;))
I started with the great sketch over at Delightful Sketches

I just tweaked it a little to fit a square card.
Both Stamp Something and Pollycraft wanted an Animal theme.
The brand new challenge blog at Paper Maniac wanted us to use the technique of embossing and finally Scrappy Frogs had one of my favorite techniques, Paper Piecing.

I used a fabulous image from Digital Delights, Wendy's images are so cute!
I colored the cat with my Warm Grey Copic's and paper pieced the rest of the scene.
I embossed the pumpkin with the Bamboo stripes and sanded him a little. I also embossed the background paper with the Houndstooth embossing folder. The dp are just ones from my huge stash of Fall papers. The sentiment is a sticker from Beary Patch, another company sadly no longer with us :(
I used my trusty Apron Lace border punch as an edge to my ribbon.

The inside is just more dp and a square for a message.

Now how cute is this kitty cat?
I hope you've enjoyed my posts this week, be sure to keep checking back for more fun from the My Grafico Design Team and be sure to add yourself as a follower to be in with a chance on my Saturday drawing.
Have a great rest of your day!
Katie

12 comments:

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Adorable card katie! Love that sweet image and all the paper piecing. Great papers and layout too. Thanks for playing at Stamp Something. :)

Angie Cortes said...

Awww!! So Cute!! That image is adorable and the paper piecing is fantastic!! Thanks for playing along with Paper Maniac!!

csroyal said...

Super, super job, Katie!!! Thanks so much for your joining us at Delightful Sketches!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Great card Katie so cut!! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Maniac!!

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card, love the paper piecing :-)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Lisa Foster said...

How adorable! Fab paper piecing! Thanks for playing along with us at Delightful Sketches!

Unknown said...

Awesome card! So glad you were able to play along!

Jessy said...

Katie this one FABULOUS card. Excellent embossing, thanks for playing along with us at Paper Maniac. :-)

raindropecho said...

What a super cute card, Katie! Love all the different DP and the image is so adorable :D Thanks for joining us at Paper Maniac Challenges this week!
- Ann

darcy48 said...

What a great card! The image of the cat with the pumkin is so cute, I love cats and this is just great Arlinex

Patti said...

What a precious kitty! Love your card - there is so much to look at. Thanks for playing at Paper Maniac.

Emma said...

Gorgeous card, such a fab image and colours.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
Emma x